User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 14:59
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > installing modchip.....help??
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Installing modchip.....help??
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Drago912
_
16. July 2004 @ 07:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hiyas,

I have installed the aladdin live chip.......my problem is I cant get the wires to stay attached to the designated spots on the MB......every time I try they fall off with a little tug......what am I doing wrong? Im gonna fry something the way its goin here....yikes!!
Advertisement
_
__
ATIROCKS
_
16. July 2004 @ 18:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you using a pin head install?
Drago912
_
16. July 2004 @ 19:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the reply........yes, I have soldered the pinset into the proper spot on the motherboard. I am in the process of attaching the wires to R3G5 and R3G3 as show here from another thread in this forum (nice pics btw)http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/85312 but I cant seem to get the wires to stay on solid for some reason......

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. July 2004 @ 19:10

Drago912
_
17. July 2004 @ 21:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok......got everything installed ....now I cant seem to activate my chip. Show the blue led on the modchip be lit up? I cant get it to lite at all.....hmmmm
ATIROCKS
_
18. July 2004 @ 07:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So how did you get them to stick to the chip?
Drago912
_
18. July 2004 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They stuck to the chip alright........it was the MB they wouldnt stick too....it musta been the solder I was using. I went and bought some lead-free and worked great.
Drago912
_
18. July 2004 @ 14:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong here? I cant get my chip to activate.....no blue light at all....and when I try to flash the chip with the programmer it takes like 10 mins to go throught the process.......I dont think it should take that long to flash the chip. I beginning to think I get duped.......guess you got what you pay for......

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. July 2004 @ 14:42

ATIROCKS
_
18. July 2004 @ 15:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Where did you get it from? And how much?
BoxMods
_
19. July 2004 @ 10:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Make sure you have a ground screw in place if there is one.

www.chipinabox.com For mods/repairs
chipinabox@yahoo.com
Tyrant1
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
21. July 2004 @ 11:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First things first, the Aladdin Live chips rocks. I've installed tons of them and they've all worked perfectly.

Second, the external programmer does seem to take forever. As long as the colored bars are SLOWLY progressing, the programming is working, so be patient.

As for your chip NOT turning on... If the blue light is coming on, I'm pretty sure your D0 connection is fine. Double check your BT wire though cuz if that's not connected properly, your chip won't turn on. Also, make sure you're holding down your power button for more than 0.5s otherwise the chip won't engage and the MS dash will load instead.

As for the ground screw, you don't need to worry about that if your xbox is version 1.4 or lower.

Let me know how it works out.
simplyme
_
21. July 2004 @ 17:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im planning to mod my xbox v.1.6. should i go with ICE or wait for X3? any good place to get them quick shipped modchip?

"Expect the worse, hope for the best"
Advertisement
_
__

_
c0ld
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
22. July 2004 @ 01:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i doubt the x3 is going to make any significant difference to your xbox.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > installing modchip.....help??

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork