User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 03:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd recorders > a patch software for sony gigapocket to remove macrovison which is copy protected such as disney's movies
Show topics

Forums
Forums
a patch software for sony gigapocket to remove macrovison which is copy protected such as Disney's movies
  Jump to:

Posted Message
notwanted
_
19. July 2004 @ 09:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys,
First of all if you have a computer and want to copy or backup your DVDs then use the free softwares such as DVD-Shrinks or Decriptor, they are so awsome. You don't have to spend a penny to buy any other hardware.
Video tapes are the problem ones.

My question is I have a Sony Giga Pocket Hareware and Software, the PC has inputs, I can copy from TVs and the likes, but cannot copy Copy-Protected-Movies such as Disney Video Tapes. So I am looking for a software patch for the Sony Giga Pocket Software to ignore the macrovision signal that comes from the video tapes. If any of you know or have a solution for me, please help me out. I would like to solve my problem digitally without buying any other hardware, I know that if I buy a digital stablizer it might help but which one, not all of them out there will do the work.

Thanks alot
Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
19. July 2004 @ 16:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm pretty sure there's no patch that will do what you want. You pretty much have to use a video stabilizer between the VCR and the Sony encoder board's input.

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
hounds64
_
25. July 2004 @ 14:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was researching purchasing a VAIO in part for Giga Pocket...perhaps you can help me out on a couple questions. Can you use a dvd player with region and macrovision hacks applied (APEX 1000) as a copying source? can you record two tv programs that occur at the same time? how would you rate menu options?
thanks
Advertisement
_
__

_
Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
26. July 2004 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@hounds64: If the video signal has had the macrovision removed, the Sony encoder board can certainly capture it, but keep in mind it's not like ripping a DVD. It's a digital to analog back to digital conversion. Also, you can't record more than one program at a time.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with menu options. If you mean DVD menus, it depends on what you use to author. Gigapocket will make DVD compliant MPEG files which you can author with many different pieces of software. I never used the authoring software that came with my Sony so I can't tell you much about it.

It's also worth mentioning that the way Gigapocket gives you good quality captures is to use a high (but still DVD compliant) bitrate. This means that a Gigapocket MPEG will be much bigger than if it were captured at the same quality and then converted with a good software MPEG encoder. When I did a lot of capturing I always re-encoded with CCE to get it down to a reasonable size. You could also author an oversize DVD and then use a DVD compression program to shrink it to a small enough size before burning.

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd recorders > a patch software for sony gigapocket to remove macrovison which is copy protected such as disney's movies

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork