User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 23:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > spiderman 2, anybody had luck speeding it up?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Spiderman 2, Anybody had luck speeding it up?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Phyrus
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
20. July 2004 @ 19:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I know this game steams the city itself, as well as music. This makes it insanely choppy at times (and quite frustrating sometimes when you've got only seconds to waste and the damn game is so choppy it's hard to get on the right building).

Anyway, has anybody had any luck getting this game to a playable speed? The best speed I've gotten thus far is with PSUL 1.1 and S3-ACL 1.4b

(on a somewhat related note, does anybody know the real story about delay/frequency/cache and what settings are best for what games?)
Advertisement
_
__
YM2151
_
2. August 2004 @ 21:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You're screwwed. There is nothing you can do. Because the game "streams" game graphics/data and game music at the same time there is a no chance that the ACL software will be fast enough. Delay is supposed to have to do with how long the program waits between sending packets. Not sure about frequency. Cache is the program using RAM to save parts of the disc image to ram so if they are requested again there is less harddrive access as it would already be in RAM. While this may seem useful, it's ussually not. Because it just caches whatever the hell it wants, it ussually doesn't cache anything that will make a difference. So, unless you have 2 gigabytes or more of ram, and set your cache to fit the entire disc, it's useless.

I still can't believe people even bother with the ACL. I thought it was neat, but then S3 was gone, and with it the "scene" was too. No one has taken over, so it's going no where fast.
lm_mario
Account closed as per user's own request
_
3. August 2004 @ 08:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Which loader would you recommend???
xRichManx
_
4. August 2004 @ 18:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think the best loader for that game is GCL 1.0

it runs the fastest. It does have lag every once in a while, and there are random crashes, but it's alot faster than ACL 1.4

I hope a new loader is released soon that will speed up more games.
Advertisement
_
__

_
lm_mario
Account closed as per user's own request
_
5. August 2004 @ 07:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am having trouble getting GCL 1.0 to load wind waker. I am using Pheonix 2.3 and I was wondering if the GCL 1.0 works best with any particular Packet Frequency and Delay setting. The game starts to load and then just stops. THis syptom is similer to when the Delay and Frequenies are not set right.

Mine are Delay 20 Frequency 16 and Cache 4meg.

- Mario
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > spiderman 2, anybody had luck speeding it up?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork