User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > action replay on a modded ps2 slim??
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Action Replay on a modded PS2 Slim??
  Jump to:

Posted Message
YuiMio
_
18. August 2010 @ 15:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a modded slimline PS2, and my chip tricks the reader into always thinking the disc cover is closed. Because of that, the disc continues spinning and I have no way of taking out my AR disc and inserting a game to be read with cheats. Is there any way around this without taking apart my PS2?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. August 2010 @ 15:51

Advertisement
_
__
YuiMio
_
4. October 2010 @ 16:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello? Anyone? D:
Igmutaka

1 product review
_
4. October 2010 @ 17:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What chip do you have?
YuiMio
_
6. October 2010 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Igmutaka:
What chip do you have?
I want to say it's a duo3 but to be honest I'm not entirely sure. I bought it modded, so I never had to open it up or anything. And I really don't want to D:
Igmutaka

1 product review
_
7. October 2010 @ 02:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So if you open the lid the disc is still spinning?
YuiMio
_
8. October 2010 @ 14:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Igmutaka:
So if you open the lid the disc is still spinning?
Yeah, that's it.
YuiMio
_
30. October 2010 @ 18:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello?
YuiMio
_
8. November 2010 @ 19:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I guess nobody knows, it's been like 3 months :(
Igmutaka

1 product review
_
9. November 2010 @ 16:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It seems what you fail to inform and what you do not know is what modchip you have and why it is a useless one that keeps your PS2 spinning when it should not.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
7. December 2010 @ 19:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I do not remember any chip that makes the disc tray think that it is closed. You will most likely have to take it apart and take pictures of the board. But before you open it can I see some pictures of area a and b of this picture
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/2033/abc2lb.jpg

also the inside top area where the A point meet of the cover.
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > action replay on a modded ps2 slim??

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork