User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > modding a ps2 hard mod or soft mod
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Modding a PS2 Hard Mod or Soft Mod
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Justwanna
_
1. February 2011 @ 19:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello all I have a question for anyone who can help what is the best method of modding a PS2 Model #scph-39001 I want to be able to do the following whether it be hard mod or soft mod I want to be able to play ntsc backups either from disk or from a hard drive with the network adapter or in a usb external enclosure. If anyone can give point out something for me at this time I would appreciate it greatly. also with my version is it possible to get anything that I dont have to swap the disks anymore that is another thing I am wondering.

Michael Becker
Advertisement
_
__
_
1. February 2011 @ 19:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://freemcboot.psx-scene.com/
This thing is great, installs to your memory card and that's it. It allows you to run home brew/ backups easily ether off hdd, usb drive, or dvdr(needs to be patched thought).

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed
Justwanna
_
1. February 2011 @ 20:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok here is one thing I am wondering about this with the freemcboot method once I get it onto the memory card correctly do I need to do anything more with disks or is it a one time deal with ar max evo or whatever whats the story on that.

Michael Becker
_
1. February 2011 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Justwanna:
ok here is one thing I am wondering about this with the freemcboot method once I get it onto the memory card correctly do I need to do anything more with disks or is it a one time deal with ar max evo or whatever whats the story on that.
you only need to use the ar max once in order to install it to the memorycard. After that you no longer need it. There is no boot disc's required to launch free mcboot(it will launch by it's self when the ps2 is turned on(same way a modchip does). after that you can hook up ether a hdd using the network adapter and install the games on to it using HDloader(included with free mcboot) or burn them to dvdr's that are patched with esr patching tool(I dont know anything about esr since I have a hdd installed in mine and use hdloader).

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed
Advertisement
_
__

_
hemant81
_
13. May 2011 @ 05:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hardmod for the ability to play burnt games (because I don't want to go through the hassle of going through the trucha hack and other stuff for every iso, the extra bit of money on a chip is not a problem) and softmod to get region free.
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > modding a ps2 hard mod or soft mod

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork