User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 21:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 controls freezes.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
ps2 controls freezes.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
samass123
_
2. October 2012 @ 01:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a playstation 2.most of the games are working ,but some of them are having the same problem..it gets to the menu and says u dont have any files for this game on ur memory card and control freezes..none of the are working..:( help pls..
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
2. October 2012 @ 02:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
been a while since i played a ps2 i'd start with perhaps a corrupted memory card try another or run game without one see how it goes,actually see what a transfer does from one mem card to the other that is known working,tho preferably without any saves on it & see if you get a transfer error or whatever

samass123
_
2. October 2012 @ 05:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
been a while since i played a ps2 i'd start with perhaps a corrupted memory card try another or run game without one see how it goes,actually see what a transfer does from one mem card to the other that is known working,tho preferably without any saves on it & see if you get a transfer error or whatever
thank you...but memory card cant be corrupted because other games are running on that only..i played that game (psi ops)first time on ps2 ,then how can i have saved game of it.?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
2. October 2012 @ 13:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Think of memory card like a lego set & is built with blocks,so mem card is say 16mb so you have sixteen blocks,if one of those blocks becomes corrupted the others will still work over time more blocks will fail.Harddrives work the same way as do cd & dvd discs tho it's called sectors

again try another memory card start a new game or start a new game without a mem card if possible if it plays ok then disc,ps2 & controller are fine leaving mem card as culprit,put faulty card back in if it happens again then mem card is stuffed & any saves that are working need to be transferred to another card

samass123
_
2. October 2012 @ 22:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so i have to buy a new mem card..the old save games cant be deleted and new games can be saved in those working blocks?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. October 2012 @ 02:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you can't delete the game saves that are causing trouble then it means those areas are definitely stuffed as they can't be read or written too,sometimes mem card saves become corrupted but mem card is alright,in your case yes get another mem card , if you can afford it get two that way you can transfer saves so you have a backup copy,nothing worse than having to replay a dam game, however remember aftermarket memory cards or cheapo's may not last long;

i think you'll be interested in these two sites,don't let the names fool you they have ps2 iso's as well
http://www.theisozone.com/
http://xboxisozone.com/

if you like gaming on retro consoles as i do i think you should seriously consider getting an original xbox,they're quite cheap & so are the modchips & fitting that way all games can be installed to hdd no need for mem card,there's other reasons too but for games it's 2nd to none apart from a rgh or jtag 360

just for the record i own multiple consoles all games for them number over 200 per type of console,of those the original xboxes get the most use as they play stored movies
1 x ps2 with modchip
1 x ps2 modchipped new never used
4 x xboxes modchipped
2 360's 1 std the other jtag'd

samass123
_
3. October 2012 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thank you man! in between how to play games from hdd on ps2...i have to install a hardware or software? and any good sites for ps2 torrents or iso?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. October 2012 @ 13:39

Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. October 2012 @ 22:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Don't know how to go about playing games off hdd for ps2 tho only a few can as i understand it,i seem to recall hdloader was needed,browse the forums to see any info if there is any here & at the two links,you could also try the 2nd link in my sig

there's a few games at isozone other than that the usual places,can't really talk about piracy or the thread will get closed

Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 controls freezes.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork