User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 hard drive
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PS2 hard drive
  Jump to:

Posted Message
vimalnick1
_
15. December 2010 @ 14:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello there,

First I would really appreciate if some1 will reply to this query related to Ps2 hard drive gaming. well I gathered all the things I got to know on internet required for playing games on PS2 hard drive. As of now I have the following:

1. PS2 Fat V.39004 with matrix infinity 1.93 mod chip
2. Network adapter
3. 40GB hard drive (HD) Samsung.
4. IDE to USB adapter to transfer files from Laptop to Hard drive.

Person who modded my PS2 told me to transfer the files in ISO format in my HD and after that I can play games through my HD. (I cannot catch that person as I got it done in my home country ) apparently that;s not right and I am very disappointed.

I like my PS2 a lot and really want to use the option of playing games over HD. Please provide me some info on what I can do step by step to play some awesome games on my PS.

Thanks
Advertisement
_
__
_
15. December 2010 @ 17:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Since you have a mod chip installed, download and build the free mcboot disc ( http://freemcboot.psx-scene.com/disc.html ). Once you have the free mcboot boot disc built, Install your the hdd into your ps2 using the network adapter. Then pop in your memory card into slot 1 and turn on the unit. Pop in the Free mcboot disc and install free mcboot to the memory card. Once done, you will get a menu that has HD loader, select it and it will launch. It will then format your hdd and allow you to install games to the hdd using your ps2's dvd drive. If you want to install games using a pc then download and install Winhiip ( http://sksapps.com/hd/WinHIIP_V1.7.6.rar ). Once it is installed connect your hdd using the ide usb adapter and install your games to the hdd that way.

You must use HD loader in order to launch the games off the hdd

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. December 2010 @ 17:06

vimalnick1
_
16. December 2010 @ 06:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the reply, but there seems to be a problem I made a Mcboot Cd as per the instructions and did the rest but every time I put the cd in the tray message pops up.... please insert PS or PS2 format..... please tell me what to do.... or Is there any simple way to put this stuff in my hard drive directly...

:( :( HELP
_
16. December 2010 @ 15:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you need to some how run HD loader since that is the only way to launch stuff off a hard drive. Can your PS2 play burned games? if it can, then you might just want to download HD Loader and burn the disc then( but this method requires that you launch HD loader using the disc every time instead of just using the boot app on the memory card)http://sksapps.com/hd/HDLOADER8C.rar ).
If it can't then you must some how get Free McBoot installed in order to use HD Loader since it is the only other way to run it(since HD loader has be discontinued and no longer being officially updated/produced )

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. December 2010 @ 15:15

vimalnick1
_
17. December 2010 @ 14:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah I was searching a bit on internet about this and I got the same information. The only thing I cannot understand is "what is going wrong".... Matrix logo I can see whenever I start the ps2.... If I play an original CD it says PS2 matrix infinity 1.93 and the game starts...... I am trying with copied CD;s which I bought with me to check if they are working but I am still getting the same error (Please insert...which makes sure that MCBOOT cd will not work) Do i need to change any settings by pressing green and circle button....

My matrix infinity config looks like

PS2 SCREEN FIX : COLOR
Y SCREEN FIX : OFF
PSX SCREEN FIX : ON
PSX MULTI DISC : ON
MC 16 PATCH : ON
ATAD AUTO PATCH: ON
MACROVISION FIX: ON
GREEN FIX : ON
DVDVIDEO REGION: 8
DVD9 DL SUPPORT: OFF
BOOT MODE : AUTO
PAD DETECT TIME: 8
BOOT LOGO : ON

and it is capable of DEV2 mode (as told by the person who modded) what can I do to put all the files in Hard Drive and play from it directly...

If any other information is required I can provide ...... :(
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2010 @ 18:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you already have Dev2 installed, you can access it by pressing L1 on the controller

Then using uLe you can browse to your memory card or USB device to Launch ELF files, or copy ELF files to your memory card

Its all in the guide here

http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9056

Also instead of using Hdloader, I would recommend using OPL V0.8, has much better compatibility as well

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f150/open-ps2-loader-project-v0-8-a-62141/

This new program will also allow you to play games off your PC,hdd, or USB drive

As for the CD you burned, what program did you use to burn it. Make sure to burn at middle speed.
Best to use imgburn, and its free. Google it. Your PS2 is just not recognizing the CD you burned is all.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2010 @ 18:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you already have Dev2 installed, you can access it by pressing L1 on the controller

Then using uLe you can browse to your memory card or USB device to Launch ELF files, or copy ELF files to your memory card

Its all in the guide here

http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9056

Also instead of using Hdloader, I would recommend using OPL V0.8, has much better compatibility as well

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f150/open-ps2-loader-project-v0-8-a-62141/

This new program will also allow you to play games off your PC,hdd, or USB drive

As for the CD you burned, what program did you use to burn it. Make sure to burn at middle speed.
Best to use imgburn, and its free. Google it. Your PS2 is just not recognizing the CD you burned is all.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
vimalnick1
_
19. December 2010 @ 15:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the rply m8 but probably I am not able to get that thread or that information didnt helped me much..... (you can say I am a noob) but it would be great if some1 can tell me step by step what to do which files to download and what to transfer in my hard drive as I downloaded these ISO files for transferring to my hard drive but as usual nothing happened matrix log came and all black after that...(I used wiinhip)

48-BIT-DEV2-INSTALL-ULAUNCHELF.iso
48-BIT-DEV2-INSTALL-PATCHED-HDL.iso

I have 40GB hard drive (HD) Samsung: SP0411N

Thanks
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. December 2010 @ 17:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok first off, I thought you said above that DEV 2 was installed already on your PS2 Hdd.

If it is then you only need to hold L1 on startup and it will work.

If it is not installed then you actually need the hdloader disc to install it.

So if thats the case you are better off to install Dev 1 to memory card. It is pretty self explanatory and easy to follow the steps.

Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 hard drive

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork