User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 us nework adapter to pal for hdd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PS2 US Nework Adapter to PAL for HDD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
21. January 2011 @ 06:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey,

Hopefully this thread is not dead, but to the point. I have an OLD PHAT PAL Ps2 (from Australia), I got this console like back in 2003 roughly and still works surprisingly, I don't actually see the laser dieing any time soon, but for precautionary reasons I want to have a fail safe (HDLOADER).

I am willing to buy a PS2 Network Adapter from the US on ebay, and I ask the guy,"Will this work on a PAL PS2". And they responded "Its new, in the package, but did not work on a PAL ps2", so I resent them an email asking about my intentions, but I might as well ask the wider community. Will a PS2 network adapter from the US work on a PAL console ? In terms of connecting a hard Drive to it and then placing it inside the PS2's BAY at the back, to use HDLOADER. Or are the connectors all different, or universal ? Can someone please shed some light.

Thank you soo much.

PS: The guy who said it wouldn't work on my PAL Ps2 is listing this one; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

MY PS2 is; SCPH-39002 PAL

ALSO, do you need the Installation DISC ? I mean does it install drivers on your PS2 ? And if it does, can I use a PAL or NTSC retail disc to install on my PAL (mod chipped) Ps2 ? Or are these drivers region coded ? Please explain.
_
21. January 2011 @ 07:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mega123:
Hey,

Hopefully this thread is not dead, but to the point. I have an OLD PHAT PAL Ps2 (from Australia), I got this console like back in 2003 roughly and still works surprisingly, I don't actually see the laser dieing any time soon, but for precautionary reasons I want to have a fail safe (HDLOADER).

I am willing to buy a PS2 Network Adapter from the US on ebay, and I ask the guy,"Will this work on a PAL PS2". And they responded "Its new, in the package, but did not work on a PAL ps2", so I resent them an email asking about my intentions, but I might as well ask the wider community. Will a PS2 network adapter from the US work on a PAL console ? In terms of connecting a hard Drive to it and then placing it inside the PS2's BAY at the back, to use HDLOADER. Or are the connectors all different, or universal ? Can someone please shed some light.

Thank you soo much.

PS: The guy who said it wouldn't work on my PAL Ps2 is listing this one; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

ALSO, do you need the Installation DISC ? I mean does it install drivers on your PS2 ? And if it does, can I use a PAL or NTSC retail disc to install on my PAL (mod chipped) Ps2 ? Or are these drivers region coded ? Please explain.
EDIT: You can close this thread, I got the answers, which was "YES" you can use the adaptor from another region. Unless someone else has something to add ?

Might as well ask this, but whats the best Harddrive to get ? External USB one and just pull it apart or buy a PC one ?
_
21. January 2011 @ 07:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mega123:
Hey,

Thank you soo much.

EDIT: You can close this thread, I got the answers, which was "YES" you can use the adaptor from another region. Unless someone else has something to add ?

Might as well ask this, but whats the best Harddrive to get ? External USB one and just pull it apart or buy a PC one ?
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 us nework adapter to pal for hdd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork