User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 15:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > another "ps2 won't read burned discs" thread!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Another "PS2 won't read burned discs" thread!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
Moraos
_
5. February 2012 @ 09:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
EDIT: I just noticed I put this on "CD Backu-up" discussion, my apologies! I'd appreciate it if a moderator could would move this to the correct section. Thanks.

Hello there!

I've read quite a few of the most recent threads on this subject, yet still I can't find out what I'm doing wrong (or IF I'm doing something wrong).

So...
- I got the .mdf and the .iso files from the backup (Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance)
- And I used Verbatim x16 DVD-R's, burned at x8 for the following burns:

.iso with ImgBurn: didn't work.
.iso with Alcohol (with the PS2 burning profile): didn't work
.mdf with Alcohol (with the PS2 burning profile): didn't work

For all of them I got the "insert PS2 compatible disc" message.
I know the PS2 is modded (it isn't mine) as it does run other burned games.

Am I missing something?
Does the DVD+R or -R matter? (I have some Verbatim Lightscribe DVD+R's, would it harm trying those?)

Thank you in advance!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. February 2012 @ 10:08

Advertisement
_
__
Moraos
_
1. March 2012 @ 09:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
*Poke*
Kannz
_
1. March 2012 @ 15:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how is it modded? modchip or softmod? also I've had some ps2s not able to read +r and +rw discs.
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. March 2012 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Imgburn should be just fine to burn the ISO for PS2

If the PS2 is softmodded, and say using fmcb 1.8 and esr to run the backups, you also need to patch the ISO image first with the esr disc patcher .24a

If it has modchip, it should just auto detect and play. Most do anyway.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
Moraos
_
3. March 2012 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Solved!

The PS2 is modded, although I do not know how - it's not mine, I borrowed it.
Problem though was much simpler... I was burning a NTSC while the PS2 is PAL *facepalm*

I patched the ISO with NTSC2PAL and burned: DVD-R did not work, but DVD+R did.
The bottom line on dialogues is cut off though, I imagine it's from patching it heh.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the poke, I'm a bit of a newb in this subject :P
p147
_
9. April 2012 @ 11:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm mayb im having the same problem. the games im trying to burn are ntsc. but mayb my ps2 is pal seing i got it in australia. how dod u patch the iso? please help me
ps355528
_
14. April 2012 @ 20:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
try a pal iso.. or rip a working disk.. we used to just copy them with alcohol120% in ps2 mode..

I haven't done any ps2 stuff in years after wrecking my eyes chipping them semi commercially. I agree that +r disks set -rom seem to read better when the laser gets a bit weak.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. April 2012 @ 20:46

hsd123
_
16. April 2012 @ 21:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
anyone know how i can play burned ps2 games WITHOUT a mod-chip?? i have free mcboot installed, but somehow the copyright protection on discs is very strong..i have a slim ps2 ntsc, not moded in any way

haikosaw
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. April 2012 @ 02:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hsd123:
anyone know how i can play burned ps2 games WITHOUT a mod-chip?? i have free mcboot installed, but somehow the copyright protection on discs is very strong..i have a slim ps2 ntsc, not moded in any way
If you have FMCB installed then use esr to play the backups. You have to patch the ISO first with 'esr disc patcher .24a'

Or you can use OPL V8 and play the ISO from a hdd, usb , or network (pc)

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
hsd123
_
19. April 2012 @ 15:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my esr does not work, i have tried the patching too. where its suposed to say "ps2dvd in drive", it says "invalid media in drive"! i dont know what else is wrong, is it impossible to get around the copyright protection? how can i eliminate that?? =/
or could it be the dvd type? i have maxell dvd-r, theyre blue

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. April 2012 @ 15:37

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. April 2012 @ 20:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hsd123:
my esr does not work, i have tried the patching too. where its suposed to say "ps2dvd in drive", it says "invalid media in drive"! i dont know what else is wrong, is it impossible to get around the copyright protection? how can i eliminate that?? =/
or could it be the dvd type? i have maxell dvd-r, theyre blue
Its not copyright protection. Its either the media you use, or the burning procedure.
How are you burning your backups?

What program, and what speed.

Most use imgburn. And burn it at 4x-8x speed.

I like too use ESR beta r9b dvdv direct.elf

http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/f164/14518d1220607050-esr-public-beta-esr-beta-r9b.rar

I never used the gui much.

hsd123
_
20. April 2012 @ 12:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i do with nero burning rom 10- 4x speed
what exactly do you mean with the media?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. April 2012 @ 12:31

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. April 2012 @ 13:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Media is the brand of discs you use.
So you may want to try a different brand. Verbatim, Sony, TDK etc.

When you launch fmcb, then esr, do you already have disc in PS2. If your putting the disc in after, unless you have all the sensors blocked, your PS2 will know and won't recognize the disc.

If the sensors are blocked, you can put a disc in and if using a slim PS2, lift the lid and the disc should still be spinning.

hsd123
_
20. April 2012 @ 13:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i just dont know where i get those dvds jet, currently im using Maxell, if you know that brand
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. April 2012 @ 14:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes I have heard of Maxell. They should be fine.
But some PS2 can be fussy about what brand of discs to use.

Try burning the ISO with imgburn.

Or make sure the disc is in the PS2, then turn it on and launch esr.

And also you can try ESR r9b as I said above.

hsd123
_
20. April 2012 @ 14:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks a lot for youre answers, i apriciate it. i downloaded youre file from above
hsd123
_
20. April 2012 @ 20:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by smokyrain:
Yes I have heard of Maxell. They should be fine.
But some PS2 can be fussy about what brand of discs to use.

Try burning the ISO with imgburn.

Or make sure the disc is in the PS2, then turn it on and launch esr.

And also you can try ESR r9b as I said above.
-i followed youre last instructions and what if the screen is just black?? the disc still spins unlike usually, but after the esr logo the screen stays black...
can you help?-
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. April 2012 @ 20:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I checked the ESR Official threads, and usually the black screen is the same problem you had using the ESR gui.

They suggest about the same as me.

Different brand of disc, or different program too burn.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/esr-no...-screen-101145/

You can check through that forum and see if anyone has any more ideas.

Have you cleaned your PS2 lens lately? You have no issues playing any retail games.

hsd123
_
20. April 2012 @ 21:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I checked the ESR Official threads, and usually the black screen is the same problem you had using the ESR gui.

Have you cleaned your PS2 lens lately? You have no issues playing any retail games.
is that the problem? ESR disc patcher GUI v0.24a? ive even tried it with cogswap, but it only did until the loading screen..
hsd123
_
20. April 2012 @ 22:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Before i buy some kind of dvds id like youre opinion on what type..dvd-r or dvd+r?
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. April 2012 @ 23:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This is the thread we always went by for PS2 Media

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/303681

I myself always use Verbatim or Sony DVD-r

But I have used dvd+r as well.

I remember reading something about Blue discs once, but I can't remember now exactly what it was with the PS2.

Also clean your laser with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip

Dip the q-tip in the rubbing alcohol, but not so its dripping.
Clean in a circular motion for about 30 secs, then using dry end do the same.

hsd123
_
21. April 2012 @ 20:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

I remember reading something about Blue discs once, but I can't remember now exactly what it was with the PS2.

thanks smokyrain for your help, il try to get a better media type, if it goes wrong again il ask you again :-)
hsd123
_
29. April 2012 @ 10:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

i really dont know if theres anything i can do, ive tried all you said, nothing works.
is there another method or will my ps2 not accept anything without a modchip?

haikosaw

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. April 2012 @ 10:15

AfterDawn Addict
_
29. April 2012 @ 10:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your ps2 does need a modchip of some sort, whether it be an actual modchip, swap magic or fmcb 1.8

Does your PS2 read Regular CD or DVD fine? YOu cleaned the laser now.

Do you have fmcb configured to Fastboot? If not maybe try that.

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/config.php

Advertisement
_
__

_
hsd123
_
1. May 2012 @ 19:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your ps2 does need a modchip of some sort, whether it be an actual modchip, swap magic or fmcb 1.8

Does your PS2 read Regular CD or DVD fine? YOu cleaned the laser now.

Do you have fmcb configured to Fastboot? If not maybe try that.

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/config.php
ive polished the lens with alcohol and it reads an audio cd just fine, however, the disc still does not boot. yes fastboot is on

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > another "ps2 won't read burned discs" thread!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork