User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 16:03
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > psx game cue file trouble
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PSX game cue file trouble
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kmanic
_
7. August 2010 @ 23:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If this has already been posted i apologize and kindly ask that u direct me to the correct thread. Every time i try to burn a PSX backup I fail. I always have a .bin and .cue file. I tell imgburn to burn the .cue file to a cd at 1x. However the burned game never works. I know that my PS2 is modded and can play burned PS2 games. Am i doing something wrong? or do PS1 games only work on a modded PS1.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2010 @ 11:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Burning PS1 games at 1x seems to work for some people I have noticed.

I myself always burn them at anywhere from 12x or 16x.

How is your PS2 modded. What modchip do you have?

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
kmanic
_
14. August 2010 @ 12:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by smokyrain:
Burning PS1 games at 1x seems to work for some people I have noticed.

I myself always burn them at anywhere from 12x or 16x.

How is your PS2 modded. What modchip do you have?
I have no idea what kind of chip my PS2 is modded with, is there possibly a boot disk (like with the xbox 360 softmod) that can be applied to a PS2 to play PSX games?
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2010 @ 13:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nope there is no boot disc to use first.
Do you get any errors when you try to play a PS1 game. Does your PS2 play CD games with no errors.

Just trying to see if you get any error messages, in case your laser may not like CD based games.

Sometimes just a cleaning with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip will fix this, unless your PS2 is fairly new, then thats not the issue.

So I would try a faster burning speed, and perhaps its the brand of CD you are burning on.
I mostly use Verbatim CD-R for PS1 and PS2 CD games.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
kmanic
_
14. August 2010 @ 14:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by smokyrain:
Nope there is no boot disc to use first.
Do you get any errors when you try to play a PS1 game. Does your PS2 play CD games with no errors.

Just trying to see if you get any error messages, in case your laser may not like CD based games.

Sometimes just a cleaning with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip will fix this, unless your PS2 is fairly new, then thats not the issue.

So I would try a faster burning speed, and perhaps its the brand of CD you are burning on.
I mostly use Verbatim CD-R for PS1 and PS2 CD games.
I will try that. My PS2 does play legit PSX games (not back up) and it is a very old system (about 5 years). And it does not give me any error message, it just goes to a foggy red screen saying to insert a PS2 or PSX game.
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2010 @ 14:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by kmanic:

I will try that. My PS2 does play legit PSX games (not back up) and it is a very old system (about 5 years). And it does not give me any error message, it just goes to a foggy red screen saying to insert a PS2 or PSX game.
OK so we know then it can play CD based games ok.
The foggy red screen is telling us that the PS2 does not recognize the disc.

So this could just be because the modchip is not recognizing it.
It would be a lot easier to help if we knew what modchip you have.

Some modchips required you to tap reset once then it will play the PS1 game. Most newer modchips just play it automatically.

AfterDawn Addict
_
8. September 2010 @ 14:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If this has already been posted i apologize and kindly ask that u direct me to the correct thread. Every time i try to burn a PSX backup I fail. I always have a .bin and .cue file. I tell imgburn to burn the .cue file to a cd at 1x. However the burned game never works. I know that my PS2 is modded and can play burned PS2 games. Am i doing something wrong? or do PS1 games only work on a modded PS1.
wow, i aint been on here for a while

your console which is chipped to boot ps2 games primarily will more than likely need putting into PSX mode
the most common method is to have the console in standby mode (red) then press the reset button and keep your finger on it for about 5 seconds
it should auto revert back to ps2 mode once you power it down again

join me,and other members here,on the "unofficial" afterdawn live chat channel ->
http://www.adbuddies.org/
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. September 2010 @ 14:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

your console which is chipped to boot ps2 games primarily will more than likely need putting into PSX mode
the most common method is to have the console in standby mode (red) then press the reset button and keep your finger on it for about 5 seconds

join me,and other members here,on the "unofficial" afterdawn live chat channel ->
http://www.adbuddies.org/
Advertisement
_
__

_
kmanic
_
8. September 2010 @ 15:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hursty:

Thanks, solved :-)
Related links
Read our guide on how to burn BIN/CUE files to CD with Nero.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Cannot figure out This Cue File 2 22. May 2014 Audio
Burning of .cue/.flac audio CD rips on Linux 4 29. December 2013 Linux - General discussion
Problem burning psx backup (multitrack, bin/cue) 3 23. February 2012 PS2 - CD backup discussion
Help with Cue Tools and EAC 1 12. July 2011 Windows - Software discussion
ive tried to back / burn my ps1 game whats wrong? any advice? 3 22. May 2011 All other topics
Nero 10 - Burn CD with .CUE w/o .BIN 1 16. March 2011 Nero discussion
ImgBurn and .Cue- how to burn a .cue file to DVD 3 1. January 2011 DVD±R for newbies
Burn cue/ape with Nero 2 23. December 2010 Nero discussion
Will my PSP play Bin/Cue files? 2 15. December 2010 Sony PSP - Homebrew software
.sub, .ccd, .cue, .img. 1 14. September 2010 Windows - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > psx game cue file trouble

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork