User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 20:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd / bd-rebuilder forum > bd rb beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (april 23rd, 2011)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)
  Jump to:

Posted Message

3 product reviews
_
9. January 2009 @ 04:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've found the release linked from this thread totally stable so far.

No problems opening running or closing, and the rest of the system is as stable as before.

Running Vista 32 Home Premium SP1 with all latest patches.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. January 2009 @ 04:26

Advertisement
_
__
vamsilak

1 product review
_
9. January 2009 @ 17:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have the quad core prcessor but it is 6600
bd-rb would take atleast
i tried using i robot movie only by usin ftsmuxer rip the movie it came under 27gb and then use bd-rb to 25gb which came under 19.20gb physical and i wish i can put more like 21gb or 22gb physically it would be perfect its like 0-5 percent shrink i can handle it
it took 6hours
i know with menu it would take a bit imean 20hours long

i have two concerns:
one is i saw traget size which will be very good i know they will release in future version

second on eis as far as i know theres is no software that can keep true-hd ot hd-ma audio i wish bd-rb would release that too
GOOD JOB GUYS
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
9. January 2009 @ 17:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
single layer disc holds 4,483MB, allowing for the approximate 6% header that the Blu-ray structure requires leaves 4,214MB of usable media space. If you were to re-encode a movie that is 1 hour 45 mins in length and have a single layer DVD as your target. Using Dolby Digital @ 640Kbs, you would be left with a video bitrate of 4,967Kbs. That to me is nowhere near enough bitrate to keep all the detail from a 1080p BD source and that is not even considering the discs that use 1536Kbs DTS audio as the core track (which would restrict video bitrate even further).
]

The bitrate is correct as far as average bitrate is concerned but you're missing two points. The first is thatH/X.264 is 3 to 4 times more efficient than mpeg 2, the second is that the bitrate is not a constant but a variable. The Peak bitrate for a 2 hour movie as set by BD RB on a single layer disc is 17,500kbs which more than enough for 1080P.

Quote:
In regards to the cost of dual layer discs, I know three shops that I can get Ritek DVD+/-R DL's for 80c AUD/58c US (as mentioned earlier) so I don't see it as a budget buster to retain that extra level of quality.

Post the link to those deals, I could always use a good deal on dual layer discs although I've experienced compatibility issues on standalone playback using their dual layer discs in the past.

Quote:
I am saying that I don't need to stare to see the differences, but as I mentioned earlier we are all different. A 35Mbs original down to a 5Mbs recode has it's obvious degradation.

Remember that's only 5mbs average but few encoders use CBR. When bitrate is redistributed the peak bitrate is much higher where it's needed (17.5mbs). When a BD movie is originally encoded the people setting up don't sit down and decide to run it at 35 mbs because that's what's needed. Once they've calculated the content and all the extras the encoder decides on bitrate based on available space. I do movie only backups but jdobbs is working on providing all the extras as well. His basic philosophy is to make it simple enough to be useable by those who aren't well versed in DVD or BD backup.

Quote:
I am fully aware of this. So why add to all this by further degrading quality with compression algorithms?

As I've previously stated, in a blind test very few people can tell you which of two mixes is better, HD audio or 640Kbs, which is by the way superior in quality to standard CD quality which is classified as lossless. 100% if all forms of recorded audio are lossy. There is no such thing as lossless. The original source for many of those discs that sport HD audio generally come from a source that is inferior to AC3 640 kbs.

Quote:
I am sorry but I didn't quite follow that last part. Please accept my apology for my lack of comprehension. I would like to say that all that I have stated above is simply my point of view. I am not expecting that you will share this. It is obvious that you are quite strongly set about the way you do things. However, I do feel that it is only fair for the benefit of other AfterDawn Members that they are able to gather other viewpoints in order to form their own way of doing things.
Nothing to be sorry for, I am the typo king. I keep reminding myself that I should use a word processor first but it takes too long for me to post. I am typing this reply directly as well.:D

Below is my message with a few dyslexic letter placements. As a musician I played lead guitar and the left hand always precedes action from the right hand. This often causes me to type some letters in the wrong order such as beat for beta.

Quote:
I appreciate your disagreement and respect your view, but for it to be completely true it would have to assume that my view is wrong. I wouldn't suggest anything to anyone that I didn't think had merit.

"Please Read!!! Post your questions only in This Thread or they will go unanswered:

Help with development of BD RB: Donations at: http://www.jdobbs.com/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. January 2009 @ 17:23

5 product reviews
_
10. January 2009 @ 04:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Sophocles:
The bitrate is correct as far as average bitrate is concerned but you're missing two points. The first is thatH/X.264 is 3 to 4 times more efficient than mpeg 2, the second is that the bitrate is not a constant but a variable. The Peak bitrate for a 2 hour movie as set by BD RB on a single layer disc is 17,500kbs which more than enough for 1080P.
With all due respect, I am not "missing" any points. I have been playing around with digital media long enough to know the efficiency of a codec. I often tout the same words that you are right now, albeit against a different argument.

I am fully aware how peak bitrate works but if the average bitrate is not high enough, often times the encoder will starve the film of bits during certain scenes to the point where it easily becomes visually perceivable.

Yes, h264 is 3-4 time more efficient. However, BD's provide 6 times the pixel count.

DVD (720 x 480) = 345,600 pixels.
BD (1920 x 1080) = 2,073,600 pixels.

2,073,600 / 345,600 = 6.

Even most DVD's have an average bitrate of about 6Mbs.

Having 6 times the amount of pixels using a codec 3 times as efficient, still leaves us with the mathematical resultant of needing to allocate twice as many bits as the average DVD (MPEG2) bitrate.

Post the link to those deals, I could always use a good deal on dual layer discs although I've experienced compatibility issues on standalone playback using their dual layer discs in the past.
Here's one... http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

They seem to have listed $26 for a 25 pack ($1.04 each) of dual layer DVD's. I recall paying about $20 dollars last time. Maybe the price has increased since new year or they were feeling nice that day.

Remember that's only 5mbs average but few encoders use CBR. When bitrate is redistributed the peak bitrate is much higher where it's needed (17.5mbs). When a BD movie is originally encoded the people setting up don't sit down and decide to run it at 35 mbs because that's what's needed. Once they've calculated the content and all the extras the encoder decides on bitrate based on available space. I do movie only backups but jdobbs is working on providing all the extras as well. His basic philosophy is to make it simple enough to be useable by those who aren't well versed in DVD or BD backup.
I think we have gone a bit off track here. All I wanted to point out earlier (for the sake of other AfterDawn members who may be interested in others experiences) was that I don't agree that a single layer DVD is enough for a 1080p movie only recode. I still stand by that view. I think we will have to agree to disagree here.

As I've previously stated, in a blind test very few people can tell you which of two mixes is better, HD audio or 640Kbs, which is by the way superior in quality to standard CD quality which is classified as lossless. 100% if all forms of recorded audio are lossy.
For movies, of course Dolby Digital is the better choice as it provides a 6 channel track. However, for music I haven't felt the same way. I have listened to a few music DVD's, and you can give me the CD instead any day. CD audio is lossless. Although it is lossless at 44.1kHz, 16 bit Stereo (Linear PCM @ 1411kbs). That being said, wouldn't a 8 channel, 24 bit, 192kHz track (as that is what the Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD MA tracks offer on Blu-ray) be considered superior to a 6 channel Dolby track @ 640kbs, 48kHz, 16 bit?

There is no such thing as lossless. The original source for many of those discs that sport HD audio generally come from a source that is inferior to AC3 640 kbs.
?? So you are saying that the claims from Dolby and Digital Theater Systems saying that their HD audio tracks are bit for bit identical to the studio master is just marketing and propaganda?

Even if that were true, the source is still the source. If you re-encode it with a lossy codec, it is going to further degrade regardless. It's always best to keep as much quality as possible.

If you had a mp3 at 192kbs, and then re-encoded it again at 192kbs, it is going to further lose quality and sound far worse than if you re-encoded it with a lossless encoder the second time around.

Ok, I don't mean to sound arrogant or rude but I feel this is where we may need to discontinue this conversation. We are straying too far off topic. I would like to reiterate that I am simply expressing my view for others to share. I didn't intend to enter into any kind of debate. Please excuse me if that is the way it seemed.

I am looking forward to seeing the progress of BD Rebuilder. Let's hope that in the future it can be the DVDShrink (with higher quality recoding) of the Blu-ray World. :-D

"Great minds discuss ideas... Average minds discuss events... Small minds discuss people"

PS3 compatible video creation thread... mkv2vob, tsMuxeR etc.: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/621809
The complete HD (Blu-ray/HD-DVD) back-up thread.: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/639346

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 04:47

3 product reviews
_
10. January 2009 @ 05:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If it only ends up being the DVD Shrink of the BD world 'I'll certainly be giving it a miss'.
Shrink was a good tool for backing up DVDs but was no where near as good as DVD Rebuilder was/is.

If it ends up as good as DVD Rebuilder currently is for DVD, then it will be the only real choice for people that want to do backups, and want the best available solution that allows removal of content, and allows media change.

At the end of the day, its only a backup tool, if anyone really needs/wants only the best graphics and audio, then they need to be playing the original discs, then it only comes down to how good the film is and the how good the system you're playing it on is.

5 product reviews
_
10. January 2009 @ 05:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BigDK:
If it only ends up being the DVD Shrink of the BD world 'I'll certainly be giving it a miss'.
Shrink was a good tool for backing up DVDs but was no where near as good as DVD Rebuilder was/is.

If it ends up as good as DVD Rebuilder currently is for DVD, then it will be the only real choice for people that want to do backups, and want the best available solution that allows removal of content, and allows media change.
Originally posted by Ryu77:
I am looking forward to seeing the progress of BD Rebuilder. Let's hope that in the future it can be the DVDShrink (with higher quality recoding) of the Blu-ray World. :-D
I meant it in way that was easier to understand for those newer to this scene that can relate to DVDShrink in terms of ease of use and popularity.

I am sure that I don't need to relay the facts that I understand about the gains made with proper 2 pass encoding. I have also had my fair share of experience with Cinema Craft Encoder and rebuilding DVD's manually. In fact I never really used DVD Rebuilder, I have always preferred a more hands on approach.

Quote:
At the end of the day, its only a backup tool, if anyone really needs/wants only the best graphics and audio, then they need to be playing the original discs, then it only comes down to how good the film is and the how good the system you're playing it on is.
This will change when BD-25's become more affordable and 1080p TV's are considered the norm. I am really looking forward to being able to keep the lossless audio and only re-encoding the video if necessary to fit onto a BD-25 (that's if the movie only rip exceeds 25GB).

"Great minds discuss ideas... Average minds discuss events... Small minds discuss people"

PS3 compatible video creation thread... mkv2vob, tsMuxeR etc.: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/621809
The complete HD (Blu-ray/HD-DVD) back-up thread.: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/639346

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 05:59

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
10. January 2009 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
With all due respect, I am not "missing" any points. I have been playing around with digital media long enough to know the efficiency of a codec. I often tout the same words that you are right now, albeit against a different argument.
I didn't mean you personally I meant that they were missing from your post.

Quote:
I am fully aware how peak bitrate works but if the average bitrate is not high enough, often times the encoder will starve the film of bits during certain scenes to the point where it easily becomes visually perceivable.
That's true in movies that are continuous action from beginning to end and for those I would recommend a dual layer disc. That's why I recommend mounting and playing back the result to check for errors. Out of 20 movies I ran into only one that clearly displayed visual artifacts. The rest appeared pretty much as the original and since I own originals of all my discs I can rerun a comparison anytime.

Quote:
Even most DVD's have an average bitrate of about 6Mbs.
Again bitrate is not a predetermined need set before encoding, it is a calculated result based on available space.

Quote:
Having 6 times the amount of pixels using a codec 3 times as efficient, still leaves us with the mathematical resultant of needing to allocate twice as many bits as the average DVD (MPEG2) bitrate.
If MPEG2 was encoded to fit a 25 Gb disc then it too would be capable of 1080P. As you know many BD discs are encoded in MPEG2 with 1080P, especially the earlier ones. This would have us taking a format that has about a quarter of the efficiency of MPEG4, increasing the Pixel count from 720 X 480 to 1920 X 1080. If this is true then why is it so hard to believe that the inverse can also be true (with the exception of lowering pixel count)? As you also know 720 X 480 was chosen back in a time when only type 5 discs were available. Using Mpeg4 one could encode a movie with the same specifications as an MPEG2 movie to a 1.46 GB mini DVD-R with the same quality. The biggest problem facing a BD single layer recording isn't pixels but disc spin rate, a problem I've overcome by building my own BD system. Many BD systems can only play dual and single layer disc at about 2X to 3X which can cause stutter when playing high bitrate content. This is why many of us choose to lower bitrate regardless of whether we are recording to single or dual layer.

Quote:
I think we have gone a bit off track here. All I wanted to point out earlier (for the sake of other AfterDawn members who may be interested in others experiences) was that I don't agree that a single layer DVD is enough for a 1080p movie only recode. I still stand by that view. I think we will have to agree to disagree here.

I've accepted that this is how you feel about it, but you chose to post your disagreement in another forum and thread to disagree with a statement that I made. This implies that I am lying to members which I am not. I have many 2 hour BD movies successfully reencoded to single layer disc with full 1080P quality and no visual artifacts. I also know dozens of others including jdobbs himself who has made the same claim.

Quote jdobbs

Quote:
I've done some 720x480 encodes at bitrates in the 1500Kbs range -- and frankly they look good. But having not done any extensive testing/comparisons at that range I don't think I could make any statements as to absolutes. I have also done a lot of 1080p at the 3500Kbs range (VBR with a maximum bitrate of 17500) using X264 -- and those also look very good...

No miracles reported or expected -- but my experience with X264 and high compression ratios has been very good.

here isn't a whole lot you can do about that. If you set X264 for high-quality on the second pass it is very CPU intensive. I have a quad processor and I only get about 6-7fps on the second pass -- with 100% CPU utilization on all four cores.

Lot's of work to do in H.264 encoding... it feels a lot like MPEG-2 encoding was a few years back.

But the quality sure is outstanding. I've been doing 1920x1080p encodings to single layer DVD on the last few discs, and it looks outstanding. I backed up my copy of Apocalypto yesterday. It's a fairly long movie with lots of movement and detail (in the jungle) -- and it looks really impressive. The people I show it to can't tell the difference from the original.
Quote:
Mine can.... If we were to go back a week then I would say that I couldn't hear the difference but since my Home Theatre upgrade I can certainly hear a difference between lossy and lossless audio tracks. The difference is as noticeable as mp3 vs. CD. With that said, until the price of BD media comes down that is one sacrifice I am prepared to make. I will extract the regular Dobly Digital/DTS core for the time being, or A) Just play them straight from my hard drive with my Home Theatre PC, or B) Enjoy the original BD discs I own with lossless audio.

There is no such thing as lossless. When we refer to lossless we are referring to lossless as it is perceived by humans. All (100%) recorded of audio formats are lossy. For instance 640 kbs DVD audio is as superior to standard 44.1 Khz PCM CD format as H/X.264 is to MPEG2. For those that would like an outside opinion regarding sound follow the link below. I think that you might be surprised, and remember that they're using equipment that none of us could ever afford in a listening environment that none of use could ever own.

http://www.hemagazine.com/node/Dolby_Tru..._PCM?page=0%2C0

It's evident that this debate has taken over this thread, but it shouldn't have, and the DVD Shrink analogy was an unfair one. My intent was never to insist that anyone use single layer disc over a dual layer disc it was just to report my actual experiences doing it.

A little note on bitrate.

105 minutes (the length of a 1:45 movie) times 60 seconds equals 6300 seconds

Size of a single layer DVD is 4,700,000,000 GB or 37,600,000,000 bits and that divided by the number of seconds comes to 5,968,253 bits per second or rounded to 5968 Kbs, and 5968-640 kbs for a surround AC3 sound track comes to 5328. Minus 6% overhead we get 5008.32 kbs. This is as you know the average bitrate of the movie, but we also know that Blu-Ray is not a constant but a variable bitrate (VBR). For those who don?t understand this means that bitrate changes throughout a movie depending on how much is required to encode a specific set of frames. Where little is happening in a movie bitrate can be lowered and still produce excellent video results. This in turn allows for the redistribution of the remaining bits to more complex video scenes that require a higher bitrate. This would be enough bitrate to produce decent video quality with standard DVD mpeg 2, but H/X.264 is about 4 times more efficient than a standard mpeg 2. If we set the peak bitrate to 17,500 (which has been tested many times) we are able to fit most under two hour BD movies to a single layer disc with stunning 1080P quality.

"Please Read!!! Post your questions only in This Thread or they will go unanswered:

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 10:51

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
10. January 2009 @ 10:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A small addendum

Ritek makes a decent single layer disc but their dual layer discs have a terrible track record. I still have some unused ones sitting on a shelf because I stopped using them two years ago. They might be down to $.80 a disc but once the coasters start adding up then the costs goes up. For dual layer discs I use Verbatim almost exclusively because I have never had a bad burn with them. Unfortunately they are around $2 a disc.

I can find Ritek for $.80

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRev...N82E16817132395

Verbatim will cost you more but you will get more. I'm betting that Ryu doesn't use Ritek either.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...pe=&srchInDesc=

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2009 @ 11:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sophocles, the MII disc don't fair as well as the MIS or MIT disc

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
10. January 2009 @ 11:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
True, but since I have yet to burn a dual layer coaster with Verbatim I feel more comfortable with purchasing them. I've also had successful burns with Ritek dual layer that still couldn't be read by some DVD players. Which discs do you feel comfortable with?

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2009 @ 11:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the MIS DVD+R DL is my first pic then the MIT

Taiyo Yuden for SL DVD+/-R

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
10. January 2009 @ 12:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Both good choices so it seems we are in agreement on media choices but my first pick is not to have to use one unless I have too.:D

scpete26
_
10. January 2009 @ 14:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can't get bd rebuilder to work. when I click backup it shows this error

Run time error '76'

path not found

Any ideas why it won't work? I have the bd disk in my drive, anydvd running, and everything else installed (does haali media splitter work? because I can't install the matroska splitter)

3 product reviews
_
10. January 2009 @ 14:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What version of ios r u using?
You'll need the corrrect sw loaded to get it to work.
You're better off encoding from hdd file rather than from disc.
You do have anydvd hd not just anydvd?

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2009 @ 14:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
use this method in order

1: Get AnyDVD HD, which you have right?

2: Download BD Rebuilder, Beta version available for download via another thread on AD. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/733781

3: Download the 3 applications required to work with BD Rebuilder, Listed in the BD Rebuilder associated readme file.
a)Matroska Splitter
b)FFDSHOW
c)AVISYNTH

4: Install the 3 applications, (make sure MPEG2 decoding is enabled in FFDShow)then install BD Rebuilder.

5: Rip you BD film via AnyDVD HD to a HDD location.
(just right click task bar icon and select rip video DVD to HDD file)

6: Run BD Rebuilder choose option to backup full disk or just main movie, and then choose option to output to BD25, DVD-9, DVD-5, there some other ooptions which don't need changing.

7: You then just burn the image with Imgburn to BD or DVD media and play in your standard BD Player.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 14:45

vamsilak

1 product review
_
10. January 2009 @ 15:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what is error 424?
i tried enemy of the state

oriignal selected video and audio
file size 25.7
selected size bd25
and i click 10 percentage contrast and sharpness
please help!

5 product reviews
_
10. January 2009 @ 15:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've accepted that this is how you feel about it, but you chose to post your disagreement in another forum and thread to disagree with a statement that I made. This implies that I am lying to members which I am not. I have many 2 hour BD movies successfully reencoded to single layer disc with full 1080P quality and no visual artifacts. I also know dozens of others including jdobbs himself who has made the same claim.
I think I have expressed many times that it was simply my point of view for the sake of other AfterDawn members who would like to share a wider range of experience. You really don't need to take it so personal, I never said you were lying.

It's evident that this debate has taken over this thread, but it shouldn't have, and the DVD Shrink analogy was an unfair one. My intent was never to insist that anyone use single layer disc over a dual layer disc it was just to report my actual experiences doing it.
Again, that was all I initially set out to do. This is now the third time I have expressed that it is only my personal opinion. What do you mean the DVDShrink analogy was an "unfair" one? Do I need to reiterate again, that I meant it in a way that related to ease of use and popluarity? I quite clearly made this evident in brackets...

Originally posted by Ryu77:

Ritek makes a decent single layer disc but their dual layer discs have a terrible track record. I still have some unused ones sitting on a shelf because I stopped using them two years ago. They might be down to $.80 a disc but once the coasters start adding up then the costs goes up.
My coaster rate is maybe one in twenty or thirty. No big deal. I use DVDInfoPro to check for CRC errors. If it has corrupt sectors, I burn again. One disc out of twenty or thirty is ok for me. In regards to the cost, I am surprised you haven't caught on that I mentioned AUD many times. I am quoting 80c Australian, which is 56c US.

We are going around in circles with our opinions. You have yours and I will continue to have mine, so once again I would like to request that this conversation end here. Of course, we can discuss other things and help others on this thread and elsewhere but I really don't want to take this line of discussion any further.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 15:53

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
10. January 2009 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ryu

Quote:

I might have read something into it that was unintended but it still makes a less than complementary comparison. I was never a big fan of DVD Shrink.

There are two things to look forward to as BD RB progresses. Ease of use for those who are somewhat challenged by other methods, and the ability to retain menus if one so desires. The only time that I keep a menu is if it's a concert of some kind with relevant alternate material otherwise I prefer movie only.

Quote:
I think I have expressed many times that it was simply my point of view for the sake of other AfterDawn members who would like to share a wider range of experience. You really don't need to take it so personal, I never said you were lying.

I realize that it was largely your point of view and I'm not taking anything personally, but the intent of your posts was to refute my claim to quality on a single layer disc, albeit by your opinion. Since I made that claim based on empirical knowledge it assumes that I am either wrong, or not telling the truth neither of which I can accept as true. I doubt that you meant to imply I was lying, but sometimes our word usage inadvertently betrays our thoughts, or impart meaning that was unintended.

No worries though, I'm cool.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 16:02

3 product reviews
_
10. January 2009 @ 17:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
use this method in order

1: Get AnyDVD HD, which you have right?

2: Download BD Rebuilder, Beta version available for download via another thread on AD. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/733781

3: Download the 3 applications required to work with BD Rebuilder, Listed in the BD Rebuilder associated readme file.
a)Matroska Splitter
b)FFDSHOW
c)AVISYNTH

4: Install the 3 applications, (make sure MPEG2 decoding is enabled in FFDShow)then install BD Rebuilder.

5: Rip you BD film via AnyDVD HD to a HDD location.
(just right click task bar icon and select rip video DVD to HDD file)

6: Run BD Rebuilder choose option to backup full disk or just main movie, and then choose option to output to BD25, DVD-9, DVD-5, there some other ooptions which don't need changing.

7: You then just burn the image with Imgburn to BD or DVD media and play in your standard BD Player.

Didn't I write this?

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2009 @ 17:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes, i passing it on

hope its ok

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
10. January 2009 @ 17:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you guys go back to the very first post in this thread you will not only find information on setup, but a link to download updates as well. I think one was just released. Sorry, minus the reference to AnyDVD which in my view is a must have.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 17:27

3 product reviews
_
10. January 2009 @ 17:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just kidding, its fine if it helps.

Will look for that update.

5 product reviews
_
10. January 2009 @ 17:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sophocles, I too have had my share of Blu-ray recoding. I have re-authored at least 100 discs at this point in time.

You only need to visit the links in my signature to see the help that I have imparted to other members here.

I respect your view. In my very first post here, I attempted to digress in a softer manner. I obviously didn't do this well enough. All I ask from here on in, is that you also respect my point of view.

Sorry, minus the reference to AnyDVD which in my view is a must have.
I completely agree, anyone looking to get into BD re-authoring/re-encoding should definitely have AnyDVD HD in their arsenal of applications. :-D

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 17:56

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
10. January 2009 @ 18:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Sophocles, I too have had my share of Blu-ray recoding. I have re-authored at least 100 discs at this point in time.

You only need to visit the links in my signature to see the help that I have imparted to other members here.

I respect your view. In my very first post here, I attempted to digress in a softer manner. I obviously didn't do this well enough. All I ask from here on in, is that you also respect my point of view.

I've followed your threads and I think I've even dropped in from time to time, and you've indeed helped many. I do respect your point of view and I respect you as a knowledgeable member. I've also read a few of your posts at D9. I was merely defending a point that I thought was valid. I understand your attention to quality with dual layer and I also use dual layer for many of my encodes. We have more in common than not except (lol) in some situations. It's in my nature to try and find a way to do the most with the least, and I'm doing that in this thread.

Quote:
All I ask from here on in, is that you also respect my point of view.

You had my respect before this debate began, and you still have it
now. I still contend that one can make a great (often visually lossless) single layer backup of under 2 hour BD moives to a single layer disc. Just to make things clear to anyone reading this. If you find that your single layer backups don't meet your approval then please use dual layer discs, I do every time one fails.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 18:28

Advertisement
_
__

_
scpete26
_
10. January 2009 @ 18:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the quick replies.
yes I have anydvd hd,
I can't install matroska because I don't know how to install ax files. I tried adding them to system 32 and using run to install them but it came up with some sort of an error...
instead i installed haali media splitter.
In ffdshow, you go to codecs and mpeg2 choose libavcodec right?
I have iron man saved as iso image and use virtual clone drive to mount it and tried to run bd rb, that didn't work. putting the disk in the drive doesn't work either.
thanks!

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd / bd-rebuilder forum > bd rb beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (april 23rd, 2011)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork