User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > 2 xp os on one pc-different drives
Show topics

Forums
Forums
2 XP OS on one PC-different drives
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 14:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
I have installed two XP operating systems on one computer, I don't know what drivers I need to download for the second one, which is XP Home 32 bit, and what I need to have in order to get my ISP to make a new connection for this OS

Also, can I connect both OS to the same sound card/video card?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

tgunn2760
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 15:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why do you have 2 xp's? yes on both cards.
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 15:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
One is Home other is Pro, want to transfer software from Pro to Home then delete Pro and install Windows 7

What is a network driver? I think I am supposed to use Nvidia which I may have downloaded.

My ISP cannot offer tech support, that is reason I am here

Regards,

tgunn2760
ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 16:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
network driver is for your netcard so you can get on the net. what software needs to be copied over from pro to home, data, programs or both? don't need to load drivers onto pro if just copying info off it to home & loading win7 onto pro drive.
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 16:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am not sure I got that, when you say copy, can I simply copy program files from one OS drive to the other, and they will work? That would be great.

Yes, a main issue is network driver for XP home so I can call my ISP and get on the net with it. Now I can only connect to net with XP Pro.

Except for two internal drives where the two OS are stored, the other two drives are external so I have all my files saved there.

Regards,

tgunn2760
ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 16:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why not keep the pro & load win7 on the home drive? most of the time installed program files cannot be copied over to another drive & still work because when installed, files for that program are spread out thru windows & registry.
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Like the home better.

Which network driver do I need to install on XP home to get on the net?

Regards,

tgunn2760
ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 16:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
same as what is in pro.
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 16:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How do I find it?

Regards,

tgunn2760
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 17:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
and what is the difference between a driver and controller? Do I need both?

Regards,

tgunn2760
ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 17:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what does it show under network adapters in device manager on the pro windows? driver is software and controller you could say is hardware which you have but not the software.
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 17:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1394 net adapter
Nvidia nForce networking controller

Regards,

tgunn2760
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 17:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
would this do it?

http://www.techrepublic.com/forums/ques...nternet-access/

and is the nvidia network driver sp36769.exe for Windows XP prof 32 bit compatible with XP home?

Regards,

tgunn2760
ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 17:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what is the make & model# of the motherboard or computer?
ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 17:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes on the 2nd part.
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 17:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A8N-SLI - Asus I think=pretty sure it's that one

Regards,

tgunn2760
ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 18:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
check in "others" chipset Version V6.65 in xp
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?S...8N-SLI&p=1&s=21
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 18:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You lost me-what am I looking for here?

Regards,

tgunn2760
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 19:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK, downloaded, virus-scanned chipset...now what please?
What do I install?

Regards,

tgunn2760
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
8. June 2014 @ 19:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes install; it should auto setup the drivers for the hardware if not there's other steps that can be done to get the the net working buy using add new hardware then navigate to chipset install files or by using device manager

tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 19:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK, so I guess I double-click on setup.exe and it will do the rest?

Regards,

tgunn2760
ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 19:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes
tgunn2760
_
8. June 2014 @ 20:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Looks like a chipset is installed on the XP Home drive, have no idea how it got there, but it is not same as the one you had me download.

I attached a screen cap

http://pixama.de/picture/gxdlm/CAP0060.jpg

Regards,

tgunn2760

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. June 2014 @ 20:53

ddp
_
8. June 2014 @ 21:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
which are you booting from, pro or home because it looks like pro & you have to boot from home to install the drivers for home?
Advertisement
_
__

_
tgunn2760
_
9. June 2014 @ 06:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I boot up it shows both drives/OS and I choose which one to go into by using the down arrow and then enter

Regards,

tgunn2760

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > 2 xp os on one pc-different drives

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork