User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 06:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > blackcats down
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blackcats down
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
socksoffavour
_
3. January 2012 @ 18:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I woke up in the morning and found out all my torrents that I am downloading in red. Shocked. I tried opening blackcats web page but i can't seems to get in the web page first of all. Is anyone else having the same problem? Is black cats server down?
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
3. January 2012 @ 23:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum as not a "xbox 360 - everything else" issue.
Praeceps
_
4. January 2012 @ 06:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Its been like that since yesturday, I'm a bit concerned too, it could either be hacking or maintenance.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. January 2012 @ 06:45

socksoffavour
_
4. January 2012 @ 07:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm, then, we've got to wait and see.
Praeceps
_
4. January 2012 @ 20:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by socksoffavour:
Well I was able to get somewhere with google search, it seems that its just a server move.
Quote from a staff member
"We're down for the server move. Should be up in a few hours at best, a few days at worst."

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. January 2012 @ 20:57

BloodlustNL
_
8. January 2012 @ 11:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Praeceps:
Originally posted by socksoffavour:
Well I was able to get somewhere with google search, it seems that its just a server move.
Quote from a staff member
"We're down for the server move. Should be up in a few hours at best, a few days at worst."
i'm guessing it IS the worst case scenario huh?
damn u gotta hate downtime, lets just hope its is back online within a week.
and i just got my badge of honour back lol oh well......
BooFoo
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
8. January 2012 @ 21:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Seem like its dead for good.
socksoffavour
_
9. January 2012 @ 01:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BooFoo:
Seem like its dead for good.
i hope its not..
kmfdm515
_
9. January 2012 @ 08:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
any IRC channel to check for a status, etc?
gregerson316
_
9. January 2012 @ 19:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Its just downtime. They will be back within a few days or less.
folkster7
_
10. January 2012 @ 11:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by gregerson316:
Its just downtime. They will be back within a few days or less.
yeah it's been about a week now, i hope everything is ok :/
BloodlustNL
_
11. January 2012 @ 02:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the biggest problem is that you can't find any info on the internet about the outage.

only thing we know is that the server would be moved but for a server move it is taking an incredibly long time anyway

so we cannot be sure that BC is gone for good unless you have inside information or something. But fact remains it was the best site out there!
gregerson316
_
11. January 2012 @ 14:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah it is taking a very long time. Hopefully SOPA doesnt have anything to do with it.
deathinc1
_
11. January 2012 @ 21:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Im pretty sure this is longest i noticed server being down for a move but I can be mistaken.

took forever to find this thread about it least i knwo its not back up and I dont have a new link lol
socksoffavour
_
12. January 2012 @ 22:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by deathinc1:
Im pretty sure this is longest i noticed server being down for a move but I can be mistaken.

took forever to find this thread about it least i knwo its not back up and I dont have a new link lol
i think blackcats is no more.. lol.. a server change doesnt usually take this long.. :'(
socksoffavour
_
12. January 2012 @ 22:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OMG, wat i am to do if its really no more.. thats the only private tracker i signed up to.. I am doomed.
BooFoo
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
13. January 2012 @ 03:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just found out BCG isn't dead, they are really doing a server move.
socksoffavour
_
13. January 2012 @ 08:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how did ya find out?
chumchum
_
13. January 2012 @ 13:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I guess this is the official "where's blackcats" thread.

I just got in a few weeks ago and had a bunch of stuff queued up :(
Morreale
_
13. January 2012 @ 20:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ugh thank God. I've been a member for years. Not really avid anymore but its always been a great site.
GatsuZodd
_
14. January 2012 @ 16:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been trying to figure out whats happened myself. Im actually good friends with one of the moderators of the site, problem is he has been out of town since new years and wont be back for another week. If we dont have answers before then i will talk to him and try to figure out whats going on when he gets back and will let you guys know.
joonbugg
_
14. January 2012 @ 22:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Of course Blackcats is the best, but I also use bitgamer as a backup tracker. Has pretty much everything Blackcats has, except the seed points method. I dont think signups are active right now. I got an invite awhile back through torrentinvites.org

PS3 Username - Coochey
XBOX 360 Username - Joonbugg (banned)
chumchum
_
14. January 2012 @ 22:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by GatsuZodd:
I have been trying to figure out whats happened myself. Im actually good friends with one of the moderators of the site, problem is he has been out of town since new years and wont be back for another week. If we dont have answers before then i will talk to him and try to figure out whats going on when he gets back and will let you guys know.

Sounds like they're just on vacation and it'll be back up at some point.
socksoffavour
_
14. January 2012 @ 23:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by joonbugg:
Of course Blackcats is the best, but I also use bitgamer as a backup tracker. Has pretty much everything Blackcats has, except the seed points method. I dont think signups are active right now. I got an invite awhile back through torrentinvites.org
Is there anyway u can invite me into bitgamer?
Advertisement
_
__

_
Praeceps
_
15. January 2012 @ 10:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know if I'm allowed to post links so I'll give you a direction.
Just google "when will bcg be up again?"

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > blackcats down

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork