User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 06:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > blackcats down
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blackcats down
  Jump to:

Posted Message
chumchum
_
15. January 2012 @ 15:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's back! I just logged in!

It's been fun!
Advertisement
_
__
socksoffavour
_
15. January 2012 @ 21:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
GUYS! BCG is up again..
gregerson316
_
15. January 2012 @ 22:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Its back up, but downloading isnt working yet
GatsuZodd
_
16. January 2012 @ 17:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Its back up, i just logged into it. So Enjoy.
chumchum
_
18. January 2012 @ 20:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
annnnnd down again.
deadbodyman
Inactive
_
23. January 2012 @ 13:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So any news on why its down again??
snapperhead
_
26. January 2012 @ 01:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by deadbodyman:
So any news on why its down again??
i would assume from reading the site updates before it went down again that the host probably hosed the cabling on the server and the tracker. according to the updates both servers where hooked to the internet instead or the web server being hooked to the internet and the tracker being hooked to the web server. what i assume happened is the host hooked the tracker to the internet and then the tracker to the web server in a way that will. or some such silliness but the impression i got was this was all a cabling issue. and it sounds to me like the server host has the janitor handling things instead of someone who knows what they are doing.
chumchum
_
26. January 2012 @ 08:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
annnnnd up again

13 product reviews
_
4. February 2012 @ 17:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I won't lie, but blackcats is ridiculous when it comes to games and P2P! I hate the whole kitty litter crap, cause it just makes things difficult. I'll stick with bitGAMER!

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
14. February 2012 @ 13:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by DavGerm4:
I won't lie, but blackcats is ridiculous when it comes to games and P2P! I hate the whole kitty litter crap, cause it just makes things difficult. I'll stick with bitGAMER!
Seed points make it pretty easy to avoid kitty litter. BTW the tracker is back up!
bandsgorrell
_
3. August 2012 @ 09:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am trying to access my black cats account and it keeps giving me a 403 Forbidden Unauthorized IP address when i sign in. I have accessed black cats many times and it wasn't until recently that it started doing this. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Benjamin J Gorrell
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. August 2012 @ 14:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
403 Forbidden Unauthorized IP address
Your IP has been banned. Thanks for playing!

chumchum
_
12. August 2012 @ 07:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
anyone else getting this?

[2013] dbconn: mysql_connect: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 113

this thread is my official "blackcats down" thread, haha

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. August 2012 @ 07:25

Praeceps
_
13. August 2012 @ 04:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
just wanted to try to gather some info on the recent downtime of Blackcats-games,

before the site went down a day or two ago it was being very slow but the staff said it was not from a DDOS attack, but from what I've read on some other forums and message boards (some info from /v/) a hacker (or someone associated with a hacker group) has taken credit for the downtime, I also saw someone post a Link to a YouTube video (that has since been taken down) showing supposedly how or why BCG was attacked. (if that is indeed what's happening anyway).

that's pretty much it, I'm not sure how much of this is accurate but I get a strong indication something is wrong. Also, I can't seem to login to BCG's official IRC channel, otherwise that's where I would be asking questions. (it might be nothing but regular maintenance).

I hope some other users here can chime in with more information,

thanks!
I was able to scrounge that up from a topic elsewhere.

I was experiencing slow load quite a lot over the last few days too, I wasn't sure what what was going on myself but I did suspect it might of been a DDOS attack. I think it's probably a reply to that brazil ban a few weeks ago because a brazil douchebag threatened to DDOS BCG.

Edit: Yep it was a DDOS, they're trying to sort it now.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. August 2012 @ 09:33

chumchum
_
13. August 2012 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Praeceps:
Quote:
just wanted to try to gather some info on the recent downtime of Blackcats-games,

before the site went down a day or two ago it was being very slow but the staff said it was not from a DDOS attack, but from what I've read on some other forums and message boards (some info from /v/) a hacker (or someone associated with a hacker group) has taken credit for the downtime, I also saw someone post a Link to a YouTube video (that has since been taken down) showing supposedly how or why BCG was attacked. (if that is indeed what's happening anyway).

that's pretty much it, I'm not sure how much of this is accurate but I get a strong indication something is wrong. Also, I can't seem to login to BCG's official IRC channel, otherwise that's where I would be asking questions. (it might be nothing but regular maintenance).

I hope some other users here can chime in with more information,

thanks!
I was able to scrounge that up from a topic elsewhere.

I was experiencing slow load quite a lot over the last few days too, I wasn't sure what what was going on myself but I did suspect it might of been a DDOS attack. I think it's probably a reply to that brazil ban a few weeks ago because a brazil douchebag threatened to DDOS BCG.

Edit: Yep it was a DDOS, they're trying to sort it now.

Thanks for the info!
stasisdotcd
_
15. October 2012 @ 00:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bcg is up as of now..
socksoffavour
_
22. October 2012 @ 05:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BCG is down again? zzz
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
24. October 2012 @ 08:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not down. Although you have to now do the key word log on on the fake page all the time now. That's slightly annoying, but not a big deal.
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. October 2012 @ 19:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"is blackcats down?"

Awesome.

_
14. December 2012 @ 11:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey guys, just wondering if anyone else if having trouble accessing bcg again?? i pinged the site and getting 0 packet loss...anybody have some info to share?? thanks
chumchum
_
9. April 2013 @ 20:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DDOSed again?! why do these guys have so many enemies
Advertisement
_
__

_
Leoheart
_
6. June 2013 @ 02:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Getting a 403 Forbidden Unauthorized IP address like I have been banned which is nearly impossible given how high up my account would be in terms of ratio. Anyone have any info on what's going on?

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > blackcats down

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork