User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 10:29
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > does this cpu need extra cooling
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Does this cpu need extra cooling
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
_
26. March 2014 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just got a new cpu and motherboard. The cpu is an Intel i7-4930K LGA2011 and the motherboard is an Asus sabertooth x79. Can I just put the chip in the board right out of the box or do I need anything extra?

Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
26. March 2014 @ 20:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
are you overclocking because if not then no?
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2014 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by jerecho:
I just got a new cpu and motherboard. The cpu is an Intel i7-4930K LGA2011 and the motherboard is an Asus sabertooth x79. Can I just put the chip in the board right out of the box or do I need anything extra?
You will need heatsink compound.. and a cpu cooler fan..

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. March 2014 @ 16:17

_
27. March 2014 @ 16:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by 2oldGeek:
Do the motherboards usually come with sufficient ones?

AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2014 @ 16:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
mother boards DO NOT come with a cpu heatsink fan or compound.

p.s. or RAM memory.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. March 2014 @ 16:32

_
27. March 2014 @ 16:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
mother boards DO NOT come with a cpu heatsink fan or compound.

p.s. or RAM memory.
Sh*t
I guess I'll have to go buy one. Always missing something! LOL

AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2014 @ 17:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When all else fails...... Read the instructions LOL
ddp
_
27. March 2014 @ 20:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cpu should have came with heatsink fan assembly as a boxed package.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2014 @ 20:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I just got a new cpu and motherboard

looks like it hadn't been unwrapped yet.. He said "I just got" not I just ordered..
ddp
_
27. March 2014 @ 20:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
boxed cpu & heatsink fan assembly already has heatsink compound on the bottom of heatsink so doesn't need more of it.
_
27. March 2014 @ 20:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
should be a heatsink and fan with the cpu.should also have heatsink compound already applied.either that or a heatsink pad stuck on it.
ddp
_
27. March 2014 @ 20:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
copy cat!!!!
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2014 @ 20:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Forgive me. I just had a lost moment, lol That's because I always overclock an don't use the dingy cooler that comes with a cpu plus always use Arctic Silver compound.
_
27. March 2014 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dunno what i was thinking ddp.lol
_
27. March 2014 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Got a intel CPU fan and started building. Took me 2.5 hours but I got it assembled. All seems to work fine and I got windows installed but only half my memory shows up. I have 32 gigs installed but only shows 16. I installed them in the correct order but still doesn't work. I'm stumped.

_
27. March 2014 @ 21:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what kind of ram are you using? also make sure your os will recognize all 32gb of ram.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2014 @ 21:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Got a intel CPU fan and started building. Took me 2.5 hours but I got it assembled. All seems to work fine and I got windows installed but only half my memory shows up. I have 32 gigs installed but only shows 16. I installed them in the correct order but still doesn't work. I'm stumped.
What version of Win 7 do you have?

Here are the upper RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7:
? Starter: 8GB
? Home Basic: 8GB
? Home Premium: 16GB
? Professional: 192GB
? Enterprise: 192GB
? Ultimate: 192GB

For win 8

4GB for 32 bit, regardless of edition. For 64 bit, the standard edition of Windows 8 maxes out at 128GB. For Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise, 512GB.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. March 2014 @ 21:59

_
27. March 2014 @ 22:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What version of Win 7 do you have?

Here are the upper RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7:
? Starter: 8GB
? Home Basic: 8GB
? Home Premium: 16GB
? Professional: 192GB
? Enterprise: 192GB
? Ultimate: 192GB

For win 8

4GB for 32 bit, regardless of edition. For 64 bit, the standard edition of Windows 8 maxes out at 128GB. For Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise, 512GB.

I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2014 @ 22:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Could be bad sticks of ram or bad socket in the mobo.

try pulling them and install 2 and swap sticks and swap sockets till you narrow it down..
_
27. March 2014 @ 22:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ive read about problems with the motherboard recognizing corsair ram.a bios update takes care of that if that turns out to be your problem.
ddp
_
27. March 2014 @ 22:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what does the bios show for ram amount? did you install all your motherboard drivers?
_
27. March 2014 @ 22:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now it's worse. I lost my main moniter now and can only get it to work from the HDMI instead if the dmi I had it hooked to originally. Windows only sees 8 gigs now. The bios sees 3 of the 4 sticks.

AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2014 @ 22:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you change the ram sticks in the sockets?
ddp
_
27. March 2014 @ 22:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what does the motherboard manual show for max amount of ram that motherboard can handle? i presume you bought the board from a computer store not ebay or similar?
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2014 @ 22:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Specs on that board is 64 gigs. I looked it up.

I'm not having a very good night.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. March 2014 @ 22:53

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > does this cpu need extra cooling

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork