User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 17:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - general discussion > how to transfer iphone contacts to computer without itunes
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to transfer iPhone contacts to computer without iTunes
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AaronGreen001
_
23. August 2013 @ 05:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1.Connect the iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch the iTunes application. iTunes displays your iPhone on the left panel under "Devices."
2.Click your iPhone on the iTunes panel and click the "Info" tab. Click "Sync contacts with" and select "Outlook."
3.Select "All Contacts" if you want to sync all the contacts from your iPhone to Outlook. If you want to select specific contacts, click "Selected groups" and place a check on the contacts you want to sync to Outlook.
4.Click "Apply" to sync your iPhone contacts to Outlook. Click the "Eject" button on the right panel and disconnect your phone from the computer. Close iTunes.
5.Launch Outlook and click the "Contacts" tab. You should see the imported iPhone contacts.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. October 2013 @ 07:19

Advertisement
_
__
wAmjok
_
24. August 2013 @ 04:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bitsdomer:
Hi Guys, most of the ways that I checked here are ways to transfer iphone contacts directly to a computer as contact files. However, I am trying to transfer my iPhone 5 contacts to Outlook on my PC, how could I do that without having to use iTunes?
You can just sync iPhone contacts to PC via iCloud,
I think it's the simplest way.
Or you can transfer contacts to you Google account first,
then download to your PC.
Jordana
_
5. October 2013 @ 08:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Because iDevice syncing is one-way - computer to iDevice. There are third-party utilities for transferring data from an iDevice to the computer. Look for them at MacUpdate and CNet Downloads.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. October 2013 @ 00:33

melarolisa
_
14. October 2013 @ 04:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
iTunes can backup iPhone data in computer, such as SMS, contacts, photos, videos. But when you change your computer or working with a computer without iTunes. It seems that you cannot backup important information of your iPhone. In that case, i thing you really want to have a way to backup iPhone contacts without iTunes. It can help you.
Miguelez
_
5. November 2013 @ 02:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am a Comcast customer and use their App to sync to the cloud, if you are a customer you could use that.

In addition I use a an "App" called "Contacts Tool" ($4.99)I can save my contacts as many form of files including text and the file used by the app to restore the contacts(LDIF) After exporting I can email the files within the app to myself so they can always be recovered and imported back when the app is on my new phone. It's compatible with Dropbox.

I found using address book on PC is quirky at best.
selinajolin
_
6. November 2013 @ 04:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I find MobileGo for iOS, which is a great program that enables me to transfer iPhone Contact from iPhone to computer.
angelina111
_
9. December 2013 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you want to transfer iPhone contacts to computer without iTunes? if you ask this kind of question 10 years ago, it seems impossible. but at modern time, this become quite easy.
a free software can solve all the problems.
i'd like to recommend a great software--iphone data recovery software to you
only by 3 steps, you can transfer your contacts successfully in a moment.
you need no efforts, no money,no technician. what a perfect software it is~

do what i like to do ~

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. December 2013 @ 03:21

Chiracy
_
10. December 2013 @ 06:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Use the iCloud, you can tranfer your iPhone contacts to computer without iTunes, else try to use the contacts transfer app, it also effective.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. December 2013 @ 06:56

Chamanoal
_
23. December 2013 @ 00:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Because iDevice syncing is one-way - computer to iDevice. There are third-party utilities for transferring data from an iDevice to the computer. Look for them at MacUpdate and CNet Downloads .
Chamanoal
_
28. December 2013 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When you plug your device into your computer and open iTunes it will bring it up in the initial set-up and ask you what you want to sync with in drop down menus. If you have already done your initial setup I believe you can specify by clicking your device and in the 2nd tab it shows the email accounts, contacts, calendars, etc that are syncing and you can specify there. Forgive me, just going off of memory, I don't have iTunes on my main work computer.
More Reviews:
How to transfer and sync contacts from iPhone to Computer
How to transfer and copy contacts from iPhone to Mac
NicoKars
_
9. January 2014 @ 03:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Probably you need to read this guide on Apple forum:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/24427431#24427431

You can also transfer iPhone contacts to computer without iTunes with iPhone Transfer.
You can find other solution for iOS Transfer.

Get more information here: http://www.transphone.net/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. January 2014 @ 22:16

heroly88
_
24. April 2014 @ 02:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How to Transfer Contact from iPhone to computer
1.Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable
First of all, install and run MobileGo for iOS on your computer. Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. After detected, your iPhone will be shown in the primary window, like the screenshot shows below.
2.Transfer iPhone contacts to computer
In the left sidebar, click "Contacts" to show the contacts on your iPhone memory card and accounts, like iCloud, Exchange and Yahoo!. In the contact window, choose the contacts that you'd like to transfer to the computer. Click "Import/Export" > "Export Selected Contacts" or "Export All Contacts" > "to a Single vCard File" or "to Multiple vCard Files". Then the file browser window pops up. Browse your computer to find a place to save the exported contacts.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. April 2014 @ 03:05

Advertisement
_
__

_
tech-mess
_
8. May 2014 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Some people are posting some really bad and PAID solutions to transfer iPhone contact list to a PC or Mac. You can backup iPhone contacts to computer with iCloud without paying a penny: http://mashable.com/2013/08/10/export-iphone-contacts/

For the less technically inclined, here is the Wikihow guide on how to transfer iPhone contacts to a computer.

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - general discussion > how to transfer iphone contacts to computer without itunes

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork