User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 04:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - everything else > ps3 console, common issues
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PS3 console, common issues
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
12. June 2013 @ 19:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I've been playing on an Xbox 360 for 5 years or so and now I'd like to buy a PS3 console. I know what issues are associated with what Xbox 360 console revisions, but I have no knowledge of PS3 console and common issues associated with them.

I've read online that some models have problem with over-heating. Could someone tell me if the latest PS3 console (super slim) has any known issues? or would I be OK with buying a pre-owned console from EB Games.

Cheers.

16 product reviews
_
16. June 2013 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by censored:
Hi,

I've been playing on an Xbox 360 for 5 years or so and now I'd like to buy a PS3 console. I know what issues are associated with what Xbox 360 console revisions, but I have no knowledge of PS3 console and common issues associated with them.

I've read online that some models have problem with over-heating. Could someone tell me if the latest PS3 console (super slim) has any known issues? or would I be OK with buying a pre-owned console from EB Games.

Cheers.
All PS3's failure rates are/were within acceptable industry standards...with that said the earlier models (20gb, 40gb, 60gb, 80gb) or the "Phats" (as they are more commonly known as) did "heat up" more than the 1st slim and the current Super Slim. But didn't have the excessive over heating issues like the 360's in mass. I personally have 3 PS3's 1 launch 20gb (w/"full" BC), 1 80gb (w/"part" BC) and 1 original regular 120gb Slim (No BC) and have had absolutely no problems with any of them...but I would suggest if you are looking to purchase a pre-owned console then a Slim or Super Slim would be your safest bet to get into a PS3 right now. Additionally with some of the savings you should check out PS+ (unless you can get your hands on a free trial). Hope that helps.

_
17. June 2013 @ 06:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a ps3 the latest 500gbs model.
Havnt noticed any over heating.
have had issues with cinivia on streaming movies (look up cinivia on wikipedia for description)

it has crashed a couple of times on need for speed most wanted (2012 version) but that is probably due to the game itself.no issues on other games

had an issue with fifa season pass but went to fifa website and they had an easy fix on there.

time setting on mine is out by an hour due to daylight savings.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Related links
Download PS3 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Pachter: Sony likely to cut PS3 prices next week 6 15. August 2017 News comments
PlayStation 4 can stream PS3 games, reports say 12 24. October 2016 News comments
Sony reveals free PS Plus games for Vita, PS3 and PS4 owners 1 7. June 2015 News comments
PlayStation Now subscriptions headed to PS3 next week 1 6. May 2015 News comments
PlayStation Music powered by Spotify now available on PS3, PS4, Xperia 1 31. March 2015 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
PS3 not spinning discs / new laser no light 3 8. May 2014 PS3 - Everything else
ps3 fat, ylod fix, can does not work right- 2 7. May 2014 PS3 - Modding & Hacking
What is Cobra ODE for PS3? 1 7. May 2014 PS3 - Modding & Hacking
how to unban my dex ps3? 10 16. March 2014 PS3 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - everything else > ps3 console, common issues

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork