User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 18:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > first ps2 games on ps4 available now including gta, twisted metal
Show topics

Forums
Forums
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal
  Jump to:

The following comments relate to this news article:

First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal

article published on 8 December, 2015

Earlier this week, Sony confirmed the first PlayStation 2 games that will be available via backwards compatibility on the PlayStation 4. Says Sony: "Hello everyone. As we continue our celebration of the PlayStation 20th anniversary, we want to take a look back at the heritage that helped propel us to the brand that we are today. PlayStation 2 holds a special place in the hearts of many ... [ read the full article ]

Please read the original article before posting your comments.
Posted Message
_
9. December 2015 @ 02:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OO! how exciting.

ZX Spectrum 128K
Advertisement
_
__
hearme0
_
9. December 2015 @ 13:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Awesome! We're 33% of the way to me buying a PS4. Twisted Metal is one and now we just need Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder and the SSX series and then I'll buy a PS4. Sure, the new games are dope but those three consume a LOT of my time and they are my favs!
doowop72
_
10. December 2015 @ 10:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ya, let's repurchase these instead of being able to slip the original disk in the unit that you already own.
chubbyInc
_
10. December 2015 @ 14:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Rather disappointed that I would need to re-buy GTA San Andreas (still have my ps2 copy). I was looking forward to the PS2 release as being free, kinda like how Xbox One has it for their 360 games.
xnonsuchx
_
11. December 2015 @ 08:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's not "backwards compatibility"...it's recompiling old games w/ extra tweaks to be low budget PS4 games (you have to re-buy!).
713tex
_
11. December 2015 @ 10:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
It's not "backwards compatibility"...it's recompiling old games w/ extra tweaks to be low budget PS4 games (you have to re-buy!).
Exactly. It's the same thing with HD remakes, just re-packaging old stuff and selling it as new.
hearme0
_
11. December 2015 @ 14:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by doowop72:
Ya, let's repurchase these instead of being able to slip the original disk in the unit that you already own.
I was gonna unleash on your crap comment but then realized that you, in all fairness, couldn't have known that I don't own a PlayStation at all. Used to but the PS2 broke due to power supply failure.

So while I didn't clarify myself, you best watch that tone.
chubbyInc
_
11. December 2015 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hearme0:
I was gonna unleash on your crap comment but then realized that you, in all fairness, couldn't have known that I don't own a PlayStation at all. Used to but the PS2 broke due to power supply failure.

I don't see how his message was directed at you directly. Sound to me that he was just stating an obvious point for anyone who has the system and original PS2 games.

Playstation 2 and/or the power supplies are quite cheap these days...
doowop72
_
13. December 2015 @ 18:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

My apologies if the comment I made had seem to be directed to you. I assure it was intended for the whole audience in general, including myself, as I have those old games and consoles. I know this thread has been around for a month, but I just caught this. I love afterdawn and by no means will I argue with an individual, especially with an A.D. addict, but will shed an opinion about what these companies are pulling on us.

Advertisement
_
__

_
doowop72
_
13. December 2015 @ 18:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

My apologies if the comment I made had seem to be directed to you. I assure it was intended for the whole audience in general, including myself, as I have those old games and consoles. I know this thread has been around for a month, but I just caught this. I love afterdawn and by no means will I argue with an individual, especially with an A.D. addict, but will shed an opinion about what these companies are pulling on us.
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > first ps2 games on ps4 available now including gta, twisted metal

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork