User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > a newbies guide to setting up a dm500s for cardsharing
Show topics

Forums
Forums
A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ddp
_
21. April 2010 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you had 2 empty lines giving you 7 lines whereas rules state 5 lines. fix it.
Advertisement
_
__
ackieuk
_
22. April 2010 @ 13:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi all , newbie here , could any 1 tell me how i would go about finding a card sharing scheme or could i join yours piopat .
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
22. April 2010 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
look or search on google thats where it all starts google eurocardshare
ackieuk
_
22. April 2010 @ 15:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
tyvm i shall try that now , thanks again
_
22. April 2010 @ 16:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its a bit difficult to( fix it) as you said when you have deleted the entire thing. i did not see that i had empty lines, but as i had clearly already made the effort to edit my signature area i would have thought you would have given me the chance to do so again. people will be looking for the links i mentioned in the above tutorial and will not be able to find them now ,indeed i have had pms mentioning this to me.

AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
22. April 2010 @ 16:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by piopat:
its a bit difficult to( fix it) as you said when you have deleted the entire thing. i did not see that i had empty lines, but as i had clearly already made the effort to edit my signature area i would have thought you would have given me the chance to do so again. people will be looking for the links i mentioned in the above tutorial and will not be able to find them now ,indeed i have had pms mentioning this to me.
piopat do you links the same way as mickhab has his done that way you will get them all in :-)
_
23. April 2010 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ddp, do you accept the work that piopat and i have put together as a possible stickie. if you are unhappy with information supplied can you please identify so we can can correct
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
23. April 2010 @ 18:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by fintannl:
ddp, do you accept the work that piopat and i have put together as a possible stickie. if you are unhappy with information supplied can you please identify so we can can correct
Did i miss something here where is your input on this was the post removed as the only input i can see on this thread is from Piopat ??
_
23. April 2010 @ 18:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
read the start of all this input e45, where it originated from and why, the other associated posts then revise your comments
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
23. April 2010 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i see 3 or maybe 4 posts from you but no information pertaining to what piopat was writing about only your self asking whether or not it could be stickied maybe i am missing something on this thread that i did not find ?? if i did appoligies
_
23. April 2010 @ 19:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
to the moderators, do we get a chance to tie all dreambox threads into a stickie or is the information considered inappropriate?
_
23. April 2010 @ 20:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just to make things clear ,fintann did ask the mods if certain threads could be made in to stickies or tuts and if he was to create such a thread if it was possible to make it a stickie if i am correct (if the rules allowed ,and the mods said it would depend on the content or words to the effect), and he has also posted his own very usefull threads detailing the different dreamboxes and their specs on the strenght of that . of course the mods or in charge and have full say and the rules are the rules ,and we all have to abide by these rules without exception. on the basis of fintanns discussion with the mods and his tuts on the various dreambox specs i said i would be willing to provide a tut (if the mods and rules allowed ) fintann has provided many people my self included with a wealth of information as of course have you e45 and my respect to you as always .but my tut does tie in with fintans tuts on the dreambox ,of course if the mods deem it unsuitable of course then that is the rules and we must abide by those rules .

AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
24. April 2010 @ 06:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Appoligies fintann maybe i was just looking at these posts here
_
24. April 2010 @ 15:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no worries e45. i am by no means innocent in some comments i have made in the past. so no big deal. its all about supplying forum members with good quality information which many users, yourself included, have done previously and continue to do
wozza65
_
24. May 2010 @ 03:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi, to forum. many thanx for this tutorial. Just got my 500s so I will have a play today

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. May 2010 @ 03:16

bainy88
_
9. June 2010 @ 08:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi

Trying to follow your guide hopefully will get it working soon

Im trying to istall the CCCam but when it comes up if I want to install the add on, I say yes but it goes back to a blank screen and I cant select the blue button to make CCCam my default.

Is this a serious problem or me just being stupid??

Thanks In advance

Callum
_
9. June 2010 @ 10:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you dont say what image you are using, but if you find the image is not responding as it should be why not download the same image from a different source and then reflash the box. when you scroll down to the cam you want say cccam 2.1.3 complete and press ok on the remote you should get a prompt(which you did saying do you want to install ) but when you press ok again you should have got a second prompt asking if you want to install addon. if you dont get the second prompt and dont install the addon then of course you then wont be able to set cccam as your default as it has not been installed. as i say some times the image for one reason or another does not respond in the way that it should (this does happen) so i would suggest downloading the image from another source and reflashing and i would think that your problem will be sorted.

as im posting here ill add a few links for people who want to flash the various dreamboxes via web browser ,you must use the correct image for your box ,a clone dreambox must have a clone image and please follow the instruction given carefully.
http://dreamforum.nu/wbb3/index.php?page...4791&highlight= (dm8000 hd pvr)
http://dreambox-dvb.blogspot.com/2010/01...box-dm7020.html (dm7020)
http://dreambox-dvb.blogspot.com/2010/01...eb-browser.html (dm800 hd)
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dream...easy-steps.html
(dm600)
http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?t=104167 (dm500)
http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/flashing-browser (shows the process in pictures)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. June 2010 @ 10:50

bainy88
_
9. June 2010 @ 10:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi

Im sorry it was the one you suggested in your opening thread the darkstar 2 images should i try a different image i have a 500s clone??

Thanks

Callum
_
9. June 2010 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you can get a nabilo image from either of the first 2 links in my signature area or if you like you can change the image but becarefull with gemini images as some can kill a dreambox.

bainy88
_
10. June 2010 @ 07:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How do you re flash your box?? Do you have to erase the data first or can you just do the same as you discribed in your first post??

Thanks

Callum
_
10. June 2010 @ 10:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
instructions for flashing your box can be found at the start of this tutorial ,also you will see the software and cable/s needed. when attempting to flash you will be propted (asking if you want to perform a flash erase ,this will erase the current image)if you want to erase the current image say yes ,if your image is faulty or not performing properly you should erase it.reflashing is the same as flashing but when you see the prompt say yes. i hope this helps.

bainy88
_
20. June 2010 @ 11:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi

Following your thread which is brilliant!! I have managed to setup the box to receive all the channels with a boxkey but im now stumped when im trying to setup the internal sharing in my house.

I have followed your thread but i dont seem to be able to get it to work and im stumped any help will be much appriciated.

I think it must be something to do with the c line on the client box

callum
_
20. June 2010 @ 22:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well on done on getting setup ,you say you think your c line may be at fault,as i cant see your setup i have to ask questions . is your box/boxes connected to your broadband router either by an ethernet cable or another device such as home plugs as your post has little detail.

ok if your connected up and all is well what is your c line (without you giving your c line to all who are reading) here is an example ,your c line for internal sharing(sharing in your own home) will start with C: followed by the ip address of the box that contains the card and then the most common port for cardsharing 12000 and then the user name and then the password. so your c line will look a little like this
C:(box ip address) 12000 share1 bedroom1
box ip is the ip address of the box with the card in it ,12000 is the port , share1 is (user name) bedroom1 is (password). you put the c line in to the second box.for each box that shares with you you need to put an f line in to your box ,for internal sharing put F:share1 bedroom1
F (for f line ) share1 is user name, and bedroom1 is password .you notice how the user name and password is the same in the f line and c line ,the user name and password can be what ever you like but they must be the same in both the f line and c line .

bainy88
_
21. June 2010 @ 10:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Piopat

Sorry about the lack of detail in my post I am a complete newbie to dreamboxs and im not sure what information you need or what information I will get away with putting on this live post without getting a slap on the wrist.

I have my boxes connected through a ethernet cable to my broadband with my c line looking just like you have pointed to. ( i got my ip address of my dreambox from the control centre I hope that is correct??)

Am I suppose to have a F line and a C line in my client box??

Sorry about so many problems and I do appreciate all your help and if you need any other information about my set up just let me know.

Callum
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
21. June 2010 @ 14:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you only put an f line in to the box with the card in it(the server)the c line goes in to the box that will be sharing (the client) feel free to ask if you have any questions.

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > a newbies guide to setting up a dm500s for cardsharing

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork