User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 14:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > a newbies guide to setting up a dm500s for cardsharing
Show topics

Forums
Forums
A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bainy88
_
24. June 2010 @ 07:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Piopat

Really struggling to get this working for internal sharing would it be possible to send you my cccam config so you can tell me were im going wrong??

Thanks

Callum
Advertisement
_
__
bainy88
_
24. June 2010 @ 10:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Piopat

Really struggling to get this working for internal sharing would it be possible to send you my cccam config so you can tell me were im going wrong??

Thanks

Callum
_
24. June 2010 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
pm me your cccam.cfg details and ill have a look at them for you.

_
24. June 2010 @ 20:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
there is an issues with local network fline in that you must remove any share restrictions. as such the fline looks like 'f: user pass' and that's it. the cline looks like 'C: 192.168.x.x 12000 user pass'. and thats its.
dublinda
_
25. June 2010 @ 08:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Great Post piopat got everything working thanks again
bainy88
_
26. June 2010 @ 10:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A big thank you to piopat for all his help from someone that is more useless then a newbie!!

Managed to finally get it working and thats thanks to him and this thread for being so helpful.

Glad to see there is still helpful people out there.

Next problem will be external sharing now!! that looks fun haha

Callum
bainy88
_
28. June 2010 @ 12:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Trying to make a start on external sharing now, do I have to have my computer on all the time running the DynDNS updater??

Callum
_
28. June 2010 @ 16:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no your laptop can be switched off,but if your sharing externally to friends/family you will need to leave your broadband router on ,you could maybe buy one of those plugs that you would plug your router into that you could set to switch off say at 2am and come back on at 9am simillar to what you might use for switching central heating on and off at certain times. also if your router will be on for long spells make sure it is in a spot where it stays as cool as possible.

_
28. June 2010 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
but would he not need it to be on to keep the DynDNS updater working properly ??

Whatever you say, say nothing when you talk about you know what for if you know who might hear you, you know what youll get. Youll be sent off to you know where for you would not know how long. Maybe I could search through the threads so you dont have to ??
mickopla
_
29. June 2010 @ 01:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by SG8:
but would he not need it to be on to keep the DynDNS updater working properly ??
Have a problem that piopat might be able to help me with. Basically i obtained lines from server A which work fine on all channels bar one. I got another line from another server as a test and it worked perfectly. Decided to go with him for a test period and he sent me another line but this time its not working. The guy assured me that it should be working but its not. I'm putting the CCcam.cfg file in the var/ect folder. Server A line works and Server B doesnt. Would there be any reason why this is happening? 2 good lines one working and the other not. Any advice would be great
_
29. June 2010 @ 16:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you say you got two test c lines from two servers ,server A and server B. server A test c line works fine except for one channel ,server B test line works fine on all channels ,you decided to stay with him as he had all the channels working. but now you say he gave you a new c line but this does not seem to work ,if you typed the c line in to cccam.cfg check to ensure you typed it in exactly as you were given it. is there a # symbol at the start of the c line #C: (if there is delete it) if you are certain all is well exit and save and reboot your box. ask the server to recheck the c cline he gave you to ensure there are no spelling errors etc ,you may have to ask him for another c line to try . the fact that you have had two c lines working ok means that your setup is ok and that you are entering the c lines correctly ,so thats a good thing. i just reread your post are you saying he gave you a cccam.cfg file and not just a cline ,that would mean that you have 2 cccam.cfg files if im correct if so you will have to remame or delete the original one .if this is the case double click on var dir ,double click on etc dir ,single click on the original cccam.cfg to highlight it and then right click on it . now you see options edit/delete/rename i would simply rename it and keep the file ,call the file c (so you know the file if you ever want to use it in the future) exit and save and reboot your box and see if your c line is working now. if you want to use a second c line (server A) put the server A cline in to the new cccam.cfg .you will have to let me know if i understand your post correctly mate ,best of luck.

dublinda
_
29. June 2010 @ 16:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Good to see this Post back the only one worth reading for Sat c/s as the other was just more of the same
mickopla
_
30. June 2010 @ 01:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by piopat:
you say you got two test c lines from two servers ,server A and server B. server A test c line works fine except for one channel ,server B test line works fine on all channels ,you decided to stay with him as he had all the channels working. but now you say he gave you a new c line but this does not seem to work ,if you typed the c line in to cccam.cfg check to ensure you typed it in exactly as you were given it. is there a # symbol at the start of the c line #C: (if there is delete it) if you are certain all is well exit and save and reboot your box. ask the server to recheck the c cline he gave you to ensure there are no spelling errors etc ,you may have to ask him for another c line to try . the fact that you have had two c lines working ok means that your setup is ok and that you are entering the c lines correctly ,so thats a good thing. i just reread your post are you saying he gave you a cccam.cfg file and not just a cline ,that would mean that you have 2 cccam.cfg files if im correct if so you will have to remame or delete the original one .if this is the case double click on var dir ,double click on etc dir ,single click on the original cccam.cfg to highlight it and then right click on it . now you see options edit/delete/rename i would simply rename it and keep the file ,call the file c (so you know the file if you ever want to use it in the future) exit and save and reboot your box and see if your c line is working now. if you want to use a second c line (server A) put the server A cline in to the new cccam.cfg .you will have to let me know if i understand your post correctly mate ,best of luck.
Yeah you almost have it correct. the only difference is that i'm a subscriber to Server A the last 3 months and Server B i got a test line from which worked. He cut off the test after 24 hours. The service was good so i decided to subscribe for one month but the line he sent me didn't work. I checked the line in 2 boxes i have and neither work. He keeps saying its a problem at my end but surely if it was Server A line would not work.
_
30. June 2010 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
as server A c line works fine (and still works ) and server B original c line worked fine i dont quite know how they can say the fault is at your end .if they wont check the c line for you cancel the payment and stick with server A as he works fine apart from one channel (what channel are you missing) can i ask where you got the server from ,you dont have to say where from here if you dont want to you can om me if you like. as i said above it seems you are saying you have two cccam.cfg files if this is correct this is not good .

_
5. July 2010 @ 10:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bainy how are you getting on with the external sharing mate ,everything going ok for you i hope.

bainy88
_
5. July 2010 @ 12:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If only, as far as I know I have set up the static ip on my computer, set up my dyndns account and even managed to open my port on my wireless router which says its open but still not managed to get it working. I knew it would be hard but never this hard haha

Any extra advice would be very much appriciated.

Callum
_
5. July 2010 @ 14:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you set a static ip on the dreambox also, the static ip of the dreambox with the card in it (the server) will go in to your dyndns account and also in to the dyndns updater. your router can change the ip on your box if its not static and that would stop you sharing externally .you have done all the hard work getting setup and sharing internally ,are you using your dyndns host name in the c line in the external share box(example) C:bainy.dyndns.org 12000 mate share2 your internal share c line should always have your server box ip address (example)C:192.168.0.100 12000 bedroom share1 .also did you remember that you need an f line in cccam.cfg in the server box for each box that shares with you ,example F:bedroom share1 and F:mate share2 .if you have any questions just ask ill try my best to help you.

bainy88
_
6. July 2010 @ 07:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes i set a static ip on my dreamboxes, I have now added my server ip onto my dyndns account but cant seem to set my server ip address on the updater it seems to be taking a different ip address saying its my current ip with no way to change it?

I went through the steps to set a static ip address for my computer but it does not seem to be static on my wireless router have I done something wrong?

callum
_
6. July 2010 @ 09:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you should be able to alter the ip in the updater you should be able to see change user /view logs/refresh ip etc .if there is still a problem uninstall the updater ,install it again and put your info back in again. if your then happy that all is correct at your end you will need to check your mates end.

bainy88
_
6. July 2010 @ 13:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the problem seems to be my static ip, i followed the guide but when im on my dyndns account its says my ip address is different from the one a set as my static one?

callum
_
6. July 2010 @ 14:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you will have to resolve the ip address problem ,as i say you could close the dyndns account you have and open a new one (making sure to put in the correct static ip of the server box) and of course you need the same info in the dyndns updater. also make sure all static ips on all your devices are different as if two ips are the same they will clash.

bainy88
_
7. July 2010 @ 18:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Piopat

I cant get a static ip address for my broadband off my broadband supplier for some reason, talk talk and VM only use dynamic ip address.

Is there any other way for setting up my dreambox with the dyndns?

Callum
bainy88
_
7. July 2010 @ 18:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I also read online that i can set dynamic dns on my wireless router settings, would that work on a dynamic ip address?

callum
_
7. July 2010 @ 21:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you only need to set a static ip on your computer, and your dreambox (your internet provider cant do this) its in my tutorial you must do this your self
http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm
choose the one that suits.

Advertisement
_
__

_
bainy88
_
8. July 2010 @ 07:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi piopat

I set my computer with a static ip and I can set my dyndns account with my server box ip address but when i run the updater on my computer it updates the ip address automatically with my routers ip address which is dynamic, there seems not to be a way of manually putting your server ip address in the updater?

callum

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > a newbies guide to setting up a dm500s for cardsharing

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork