User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 07:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > how to: hotswap with xboxhdm v1.9 (super tutorial)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HOW TO: Hotswap with XboxHDM v1.9 (Super Tutorial)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
9. July 2011 @ 01:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello everyone,
I'm planning to make my own EEPROM reader from scratch and I'm planning to get all of the required parts & the soldering iron from Radio Shack so that I can put in my old 80GB PATA/IDE Hard Drive. My Hard Drive is a Western Digital WD800JB-00JJC0 and the reason why I'm putting a new hard drive in is because the Seagate ST310014ACE Hard Drive's PCB Logic Board got fried on the one small spot, well, that; I need more storage so that I can store my music CDs onto the Hard Drive. I'm currently cleaning out the hard drive now and I'm going to run a ScanDisk to locate and fix the bad clusters (if any) so that I can delete the partition and make the new hard drive for the Xbox via XboxHDM v1.9

Here's my list of items I need (if I miss any, please state the item and catalog # please)
50-ft. Wiring - $4.19
5-pack 3.9K OHM 1/2W Resistors (2 needed) - $1.19
2-pack 5.1V Zener Diodes - $1.59
Cheap Soldering Iron 30W/120V - 250mA (.25A) - $7.99
DB9 Female Connector - $2.19

Total Pricing w/o the tax: $17.05
Total Pricing w/ the tax: $18.07

Is the pricing good?
Catalog Numbers for the items & part(s) on radioshack.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zener Diode - Catalog #: 276-565
3.9K OHM 1/2W Resistor - Catalog #: 271-1123
50-Ft. Blue Insulated Wrapping Wire (30AWG) - Catalog #: 278-503
DB9 Female Connector - Catalog #: 276-1428
Soldering Iron - Catalog #: 64-2802

What do you guys think?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. July 2011 @ 19:45

ePod111
_
15. November 2011 @ 01:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
U got everything covered, really dont need 50 feet, u might use 2-3 tops but if its cheap might as well. i followed the guide about 8 months back worked like a charm. your prices are pretty good too. the only thing is u gotta have an older computer for the d-sub connector, otherwise your set.
efaustus9
_
19. November 2011 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was given an original unmodified xbox with an error 21 code, that can not boot games. I have been trying to fix the issue with this tutorial. I have seen this tutorial through to completion 3 times with 2 versions of the official xbox dashboard that I could find. The with the latest version being from here and the earliest on bittorrent. Still following boot I am greeted with the error 21 code. Any ideas as to what else I could do, or should I just bin this ol xbox? Thanks!

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > how to: hotswap with xboxhdm v1.9 (super tutorial)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork