User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 22:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > ripit4me..quick reference guide
Show topics

Forums
Forums
RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ag_kgn
_
20. July 2007 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by arniebear:
Quote:
Total available memory: 504MB
Available physical memory: 74MB
Memory load: 84%
Buy yourself some more Ram, you don't have enough to do anything no wonder things are so slow. Shutdown some of your programs that are starting up and are unnecessary.
well the thing is, my computer worked real smooth and fast before I used Ripit4me. hence the reason for my worry. I've done all kinds of graphics/animation/video work on this same laptop and it's given me no prob. It's only after i tried Ripit4me, and it took really long. Since then my laptop's been conspicuously slow. I was wondering/hoping if you've heard of anyone having a similar case so that you could help me. thanks anyways for ur time... i don't think i will be able to fix my prob w/o going to the service station.. but i really appreciate your effort!
Advertisement
_
__
ag_kgn
_
20. July 2007 @ 22:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
...ok. So i've decided to up my RAM. Just one question, what's the difference between norman RAM and valueRAM? Thanks!
hackneye8
_
28. August 2007 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I asked the question today that this answered comprehensively, even by going off track a little and re coding with Nero and not DVD shrink has done the trick. A very good guide that is now in my favourites- thanks a lot for the guide!I still dont know really if that PSL: creation remedied a scratch or some form of protection, but it worked either way...perhaps you could let me know which it would have been?Having seen the area of disc now copied there is a short momentary pause in this section if that helps.

regards
bart3426
_
13. September 2007 @ 13:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry if this has been asked before, I know it must be annoying, but I don't have the time atm to search for it.

I recently got Ripit4me and I'm trying to put a disc of Futurama episodes on my computer, but I can't get it to get all the episodes off the disc or split the disc so it creates a file for each episode. Like, if I played one of the files it would start by the opening credits and end with the ending credits.

Any help on what I need to do would be appreciated.
burner131
_
19. September 2007 @ 19:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm trying to backup a DVD using ripit4me, dvdshrink, and dvddecrypter... everything goes fine until the burning ISO with dvddecrypter portion, i get this error:

DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed!
Device:[5:0:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L 0603 (E:) (ATA)
Unable to lock volume for exclusive access.
Reason: Access is denied.

Any suggestions?
_
13. October 2007 @ 22:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Arniebear -

I hope you're still monitoring this thread, as I have come up against a doozy. I am trying to make copies of my recently acquired Beatles Anthology DVD's. Here is what I found, First I tried simply to use DVD Shrink alone. After the first analysis it came up with a red section on the top bar, showing me that it won't fit. So I unchecked the big sound item, called LPCM 2-ch English, and the red part of the line left and it fit. When I checked the video in the lower window it played fine, but no sound. I figured my sound must be glitching, even though I tried to turn it up, and I encoded it with Shrink anyway with no problem. Then I burned it with my Nero 6, and it made a perfect video reproduction with NO SOUND! (One coaster!! GRRRR.)

So I went to my next tried and true backup method. <><> Alkohol's VobBlanker method to successfully rip and backup any new release DVDs <><> It worked great. Since the files that method created were small I didn't even need to use DVD Shrink and just burned the files from the VIDEO_TS folder it created and........... I had burned a DVD with great sound and completely pixilated video. I mean unwatchable! So there's coaster #2. So I go back to my ace in the hole: your Ripit4me guide on this thread..... and ended up with another failure. The files I created, when I analyzed them with DVD Shrink, have the same red bar, and when I check the lower window there is no sound. (Just so you know, I tried these files created from the Ripit4me method using Windows Media Player and they play great. Full sound, clear video, etc.

So I figure OK, I'll just break the thing in two since it's two episodes on one disc anyway. I chose this knowing that they will fit on two discs with no problem, and I don't care about the menus. So in DVD Shrink I choose re-author, then pick one of the two files, and guess what? In the lower window perfect video and again NO SOUND!

OK, so I'm at my wits end. It's late, I'm tired, and I am throwing in the towel. Can you please tell me what I'm missing? I've never had DVD Shrink not copy the audio track, or not find it or not be able to hear it when I check the lower window. It's something I don't even think to check. (Thus coaster #1.) So can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it? I can't bear to waste another of my Verbatims on this project until I hear from you and my other mentors here at Afterdawn.

As always, thanks so much for your help and guidance!!

Fryerider
aabbccdd
Suspended permanently
_
13. October 2007 @ 23:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm assuming this is the title right?

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.as...yle=movie&BAB=M

its an 1996 release and should be no problem backing it up, heres the audio it says it has

Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
DTS Surround 5.1 - English
PCM Surround 5.1 - English

have you tryed a different audio stream when backing it up?

and since you have tryed everything else i would try clonedvd 2 + anydvd that should do the title fine

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

or rip with dvd fab decrypter(freeware) then transcode with dvd shrink and burn with nero 6.6.18.0

heres some helpfull guides

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. October 2007 @ 04:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
fryerider,

I know this may sound silly and almost trivial but do this just for giggles. :) Go into the sound/audio menu (push the audio button on your DVD player's remote) and see if you can "select" another sound stream. I've had this problem before and for some reason the DVD player of choice didn't "choose" the correct audio stream for playback. It's something to try and you never know it may be the problem. :D

....gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
15. October 2007 @ 07:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello to all my Mentors! As usual your help was stellar!! But....

I think I may have lost my mind. I DID burn two coasters. I did everything that you're supposed to do. I gave up and wrote my question here. And then I thought: Forget THIS!! So I distrusted DVD Shrink's lack of audio, re-authored the disc in Shrink into two separate rips of the two episodes, opened up Windows Media Player, and what do you know....Perfect Video and Audio. So I stick a Verb in my burner, burn Ep 1 with Nero, and wham....Perfect video and audio. So I come back and read aabbccdd's idea of ripping it with DVD Fab Decrypter. (And by the way, on your post that's a very nice picture of my mom!)So I stick the disc back in, rip it with Decrypter, and open the files in DVD Shrink. I check it out and there is still a big red strip on the green bar. So I uncheck the audio called LPCM 2-ch English, leave checked the audio that took less space, and the red bar goes away. I check it in the lower window and still no sound. So I figure, "What do I have to lose?" I shrink it, open the Shrink file with Windows Media Player, and again, perfect video and sound. So I grab another Verb, burn it, and boogity shoop, a perfectly functional disc with both Eps, primo video, the menus and great sound. So now I'm baffled. Why did Shrink work this time when it had failed before? So I take one more step. I stick the disc back in, open up DVD Shrink, turn off the LPCM 2-ch English, check the same smaller audio track, WHICH WAS WHAT I HAD DONE THE FIRST TIME UNLESS I'M LOSING IT, rip it with just Shrink, and then take THAT one and open it with Windows Media Player. And what do you know: perfect video, audio and the whole tamale. So now my question is, what in the world did I do wrong the first two times that made me two coasters? Now I just turned 60 on Wednesday, so maybe turning over my life odometer has something to do with it. Or maybe when I restarted my machine before I tried these other attempts it straightened things out. But now I feel like an idiot for even coming here and asking my original question. So please send the BoneHead award to Fryerider. And thanks so much for all your help and advice. It worked great. I just don't know why it went wrong for me in the first place.

Afterdawn -- The best site for intelligent resources I have ever found!

With much appreciation,

a very confused Fryerider

PS to Gm - I did think of and try that audio switch idea on my player, but no dice. Great idea though.
Bigswede3
_
6. April 2008 @ 09:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cardsfan4:
I am hoping for help. I have been reading the posts in this forum searching for answers. I have been running DVD X Copy and DVD 43 for the last year problem free, until today. After reading all the discussions in this forum, I guess I need to uninstall DVD 43 and download ripit4me.

Do I need to uninstall DVD 43 before I download ripit4me? Should I download all of the 4 suggested software to go with the ripit4me, or can I still use DVD X Copy? Should I uninstall XCopy as well? Will it interfere with the new software I am going to download?

I am a novice looking for support from the gracious members of this forum who take their time to help computer idiots like myself. Any thoughts ot help will be appreciated!!

Thanks!
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
6. April 2008 @ 14:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You will do better to upgrade the whole process instead of just downloading another obsolete program.

You need dvd fab HD decrypter vobblanker fixVTS dvdshrink and imgburn.. with possibly snydvd (but I never advocate using paid tools when freeware does the job just as well)

Reading the threads about the latest disks will show you what you need.
irish1
_
2. July 2008 @ 17:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm hoping someone is still monitoring this page that can answer this for me. I have ripit4me on one computer in my house and I want it on my new computer but the beginning of this forum says it was shut down.... yet underneath of that line there's a link to download it.... so is it down or not? The link goes to a dl page but I don't want to use it if it's a virus or just not going to do anything. Anybody know?
Thanks!
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. July 2008 @ 17:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

99% of all problems are between the computer and the chair.
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. July 2008 @ 17:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what is this? It seems available but you'll need other things with it. ;) google will find you FixVTS, Decrypter, and DVDShrink... the last 2 will have to be installed BEFORE you run RI4M. ;)

hth.....

..gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. July 2008 @ 07:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Go here for any dl you may need, great site and clean dl's.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/netlinks.html

Advertisement
_
__

_
irish1
_
12. July 2008 @ 12:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for your help everyone. I actually tried AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and I guess I should have listened earlier and just put out the money. They're awesome, and I'm not getting the hangups on the dvds that I did when I was using ripit4me.
And Arniebear, that site you gave is great. Thanks!

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > ripit4me..quick reference guide

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork