User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > soft-mod tutorial: how to play backups with only sd media launcher + extra info
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Soft-Mod Tutorial: How to play backups with only SD Media Launcher + Extra Info
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

23 product reviews
_
30. August 2009 @ 16:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No Problem. I'm assuming the alcohol didn't work.
Here's a link to the gamebit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-5MM-3-8MM-for-SEGA...4#ht_1811wt_973
Advertisement
_
__
SuperKnux
Inactive
_
7. October 2009 @ 19:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It works only on 4.0 or after.
fp94
_
26. October 2009 @ 19:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Guys, I've been watching this method for a while but only just orderd my SDML and was wondering what are the chances of having to open the GC to adjust the POT if I have 3 cubes, One Purple DOL-001 I got on release date, another DOL-001 that I bought 2nd Hand a few years back and A silver DOL-101 I got given yesterday :) Hoping I this is gonna' work...
Thanks fp94

EDIT: Oh, and sorry if it's been asked bfore but if all the cubes are PAL can I still run NTSC games?
Cheers,

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. October 2009 @ 19:20

AfterDawn Addict

23 product reviews
_
26. October 2009 @ 20:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea you can run NTSC games. About having to adjust pots, I've tried this on 4 GC's. It's worked properly on 1 of them only.
fp94
_
28. October 2009 @ 12:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay, thanks for the info, my SDML came today I'm already running NES,SNES and N64 emulators perfectly, I havn't got and Mini DVD's yet though so can't try GC, Which brands work best? I saw some Maxcell (sp?) in ASDA anybody tried using them?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. October 2009 @ 10:40

AfterDawn Addict

23 product reviews
_
28. October 2009 @ 12:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
All systems are different. I had tried Panasonic and it worked but then crashed after 5 minutes. I tried a Ridata disc and it didn't load in mine but worked excellently in another Gamecube. 25/25 worked perfectly.
Here's a link to the Ridata's I bought.
http://www.amazon.com/Ridata-Mini-DVD-R-...56747194&sr=8-1

That's probably gonna be your best price too. If you can't order online, I suggest going to a Walmart and picking up a Visa Gift Card and using that to buy the DVDs.
fp94
_
28. October 2009 @ 18:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got the DVD's and they worked perfect on the first cube I treid :D The first one didn't but I was using Nero, after switching to imgburn I've ran Mario Tennis, Kirby Air Ride, Pikmin 2, F-Zero and DK Jungle Beat, Thanks for the help :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. October 2009 @ 10:41

AfterDawn Addict

23 product reviews
_
28. October 2009 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Which brand was it and what speed are you burning at?
fp94
_
29. October 2009 @ 10:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can't find the exact model number but they are made by Maxell, are Gold and come in Spindle cases of 10, As for the speed, I'm buring in imgburn at 2x Speed, I just got a 'Media can't be regonized by Paper Mario, but i'll re-burn it later and see what happens,
fp94
_
29. October 2009 @ 20:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Paper Mario worked after I re-burnt it, Also, do you know how/if I can get Action Replay working on GCoS 1.5? I can't use my original PAL Mario Kart DD save with the NTSC Backup, so I want to use AR to unlock everything again...
xray69
_
29. October 2009 @ 20:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have burned 100's using Ridata and clone DVD2 at 2x, no problems.
Only thing I don't like about this setup is that the SD media launcher DVD itself is apparently uncopyable, so if anything happens to that, you're screwed.
I've tried making copies of it, locks up any program I have tried.
fp94
_
30. October 2009 @ 09:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anybody know why I keep getting The 'Reffer to Instruction Booklet' error after playing some games for a while? It happend in Paper Mario when you get the first special move and in Fire Emblem when you get attacked by the enemy on the first mission? Anybody else had this?

EDIT: Time Splitters Future Perfect has stopped working at all, It work fine, but I turned off the GC Came back today and I get the same error on two of my GC's after the logo's come up at the start, and I've burnt Pokemon XD and I get the error again if I try to start a New file... Help! D:

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. November 2009 @ 14:14

Zollex
_
13. November 2009 @ 13:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi! I try Sd Media Launcher and Fuji Film mini dvd-r but most games don't works. I use imgburn and nothing... only Nero and a little bit Alcohol works. Most games hang at middle game. What can I do?
AfterDawn Addict

23 product reviews
_
13. November 2009 @ 16:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You need to adjust your laser. If you are burning at 2x and it still does it then it's the laser.
Zollex
_
14. November 2009 @ 07:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How can I adjust the laser? Information pages don't works.
Bubba101
_
14. November 2009 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by core2kid:
No Problem. I'm assuming the alcohol didn't work.
Here's a link to the gamebit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-5MM-3-8MM-for-SEGA...1wt_973

Core, I'm baaack!!! (Sorry for any grief caused.)
I haven't tried the rubbing alcohol, by the way, and this is the first time I've checked this post since I posted my last message. I was wondering, what rubbing alcohol do I use? Isopropyl? Might sound like a stupid question, but I have no clue what rubbing alcohol is lol. And what's a q-tip? Hope you get back to me soon.
Bubba101
_
18. November 2009 @ 14:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh wow, I'm stupid. I was supposed to hold down "A" at startup. Tsk tsk. sorry for the trouble. YAYYYY GAMECUBE BACKUPS, HERE I COME!!!
Can2113
_
28. March 2010 @ 19:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Woohoo! I found a dvr-108 in my basement. Does anyone have a link to the 1.20MOD firmware for it? No more coasters!
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

23 product reviews
_
28. March 2010 @ 20:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry I've not been posting lately. For the rubbing alcohol, use some high percentage Isopropyl. I used 70% but I hear 99% is better.
Use this link for laser adjustment:
http://www.gcisozone.com/tutorial/19/laser-pot-tweak-.html

It's not the best tutorial but it'll do. There should be only 1 pot on the GC. From the pictures, it looks like its on the motherboard and not the laser.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > soft-mod tutorial: how to play backups with only sd media launcher + extra info

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork