User User name Password  

Tuesday 11.6.2024 / 05:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > can i turn my lcd laptop monitor into a desktop monitor?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can I turn my lcd laptop monitor into a desktop monitor?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
David83Gr
_
16. October 2011 @ 19:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by yesyesuk:
one of the buttons on the controller does auto config when you press it. Can't remember which button. Try that when you get the distorted signal.

also, what resolution and refresh rate is the output on the computer set to? it might be too high resolution for the controller/display or too high refresh rate...
Well I checked it again, the auto config button is on the tele-control, it shows auto-config box correctly when no input is plugged in. Also I made sure the resolution and refresh rate output of the vga is 1280x800 @ 60Hz. I also played a little with them a little, set some lower resolutions and frequencies but still the result was distorted. Plus the auto config button does not solve the problem.

It's really weird. If I don't plug any input in, everything's fine!
Any clues?
Advertisement
_
__
yesyesuk
_
17. October 2011 @ 05:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Since it seems to work when there is no video input signal, I guess the output side is fine. Must be something on the input side then.

Your display panel has a resolution of 1280x768 (WXGA). If you feed it with 1280x800, that might cause problems. Maybe start with the basics, like 640x480 or 800x600 @60Hz if you haven't tried that already.

What is the video source you are using? A PC?

Not quite sure what else it could be. Might be a good idea to contact the seller and see if they have heard of that problem before.
David83Gr
_
17. October 2011 @ 07:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by yesyesuk:
Since it seems to work when there is no video input signal, I guess the output side is fine. Must be something on the input side then.

Your display panel has a resolution of 1280x768 (WXGA). If you feed it with 1280x800, that might cause problems. Maybe start with the basics, like 640x480 or 800x600 @60Hz if you haven't tried that already.

What is the video source you are using? A PC?

Not quite sure what else it could be. Might be a good idea to contact the seller and see if they have heard of that problem before.
My main video source is a pc. But I've also tried a ps2 on av and s-video.

As for the resolution, I'm quite sure the diplay resolution I had on my laptop (while it was still working) was 1280x800 @ 60Hz.. But I've also tried setting smaller ones like 800x600 and 640x480 and none of them worked. The only change I see, is that when I change it, the distorted schemes get larger on a smaller resolutions.

Also, something else worth mentioning is the following:
1. I turn on the LCD and browse to the VGA input channel. It shows no signal correctly.
2. I plug in the vga cable from my pc. (I've already set the resolution and frequency for the second monitor on windows, also set it as extended desktop).
3. The image gets distorted. It actually shows my windows desktop in a distorted way. I can figure out the colors, that identify that.
4. I unplug the vga cable from the input.
5. Now the LCD shows the No Signal box but it's still destorted!
6. If I browse through the input channels on the controller they are all distorted until I switch back to the vga channel which is now clean. -OR- if I turn off the controller and turn it back on it gets clean again.

Now what could that mean? Could there be something wrong with the controller or the LCD?
I remember the LCD worked fine until the laptop died.
yesyesuk
_
17. October 2011 @ 10:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hmmm... not sure.... Since it also happens with the other input methods, I'm beginning to suspect the controller. I would contact the seller. I've bought from them before and they usually respond quickly.
ddp
_
17. October 2011 @ 15:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think 1 of the sync wires are in wrong spot.
Advertisement
_
__

_
noobah
_
22. October 2011 @ 03:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have an lcd panel (sharp VF200P02 just goolge it) from an old toshiba cds4000...
and what i want to do with it is basically play my ps1 and ps2 games...
so can anyone guide me into the right path and btw i dont have any electrical skill but im a fast learner... :) tanx

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > can i turn my lcd laptop monitor into a desktop monitor?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork