User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 14:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - modding & hacking > so how much is the original ps3 game..?? anyone have any speculation??
Show topics

Forums
Forums
So how much is the original PS3 GAME..?? Anyone have any speculation??
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. May 2005 @ 23:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just wondering how much is the actual game cost when the PS3 launch? I hope it's not going to be somewhere like $70 - $80 a piece.

WARNING: Do not "update/upgrade" your SAMSUNG BD-D5XXX series (Bluray Player), or else you cant enjoy any of your movie files.
How 2 downgrade Samsung BD-D5XXX Series Bluray player http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4244
Advertisement
_
__
_
18. May 2005 @ 17:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I hope not that would really suck its bad enough we may have to shovel out close to 500$ anyways for the system but with the Blue Ray technology it is hard to say they may jack the price up for games that sucks :(
Anthony7
_
20. May 2005 @ 04:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the rumor going around is it's going be 10 dollars more
currently it's 49.99.so expect ps3 games to be 59.99. Now TOO bad
_
20. May 2005 @ 09:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Im in Canada and the top games here already cost $69.99, which comes close to $80 after taxes. Soooooooo, $79.99 will be close to $90. I wouldnt be surprized if games will go for close to $100 up here. If games where $20 each i wold happily pay for it but not $100. Its not my fault they're to stupid to know how to make games for cheaper. This is the main reason i mod my consoles. I rent em and rip em. I have no choice.
jpp01uk
_
20. May 2005 @ 09:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
top games in the uk go for between 30-40 of your english pounds! so hopefully less than £50

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. May 2005 @ 09:16

nuttin_88
_
28. May 2005 @ 15:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it seems like they're going to be $10 more expensive

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?where...
_
28. May 2005 @ 16:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I live in the uk so once the VAT is added on about £60-70 at 1st then thell drop to maybe around £50-55. I think it will all depend on the format wither it be dvd or blu-ray.

aye aye man

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. May 2005 @ 16:31

MarkPS2
_
29. May 2005 @ 01:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats a rip off, but those disks do hold like 50GB. I suppose its worth it for the games you know will be good, like PES6
RemyK313
_
31. May 2005 @ 22:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I bet that the games will probably be the same price as they are now, if not a little more. However, game prices have been getting a little expensive over the last years.

A couple of years back, most games were about $40 USD at release, but most are now $50 USD on release days.

Just a question for the brits. Isn't a UK pound about 2 US Dollars? If so, then aren't you guys are getting seriously ripped off if you're paying £40/£50 per game? I mean, that's like twice the price of the same game in the US.
ps22man
_
1. June 2005 @ 18:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how can they charge more for games because of the type of disc they are using the average costumer wont care and pirates dont like becaue the bu ray disc will be to expnsive at first, because xbox 360 is coming out first thye wil set the benchmark in console price and game prices so ps3 will probably be the same price. So an avergae joe goes to ebgames and says why are all the ps3 games 15 $ more than xbxo 360 and the person says because they are blu-ray dvds. why does he care he think he is getting ripped off, the general public who plays vidoe has no clue about discs or anything i tell people at high school i can burn games and 98 % of people are clueless and no nothing even about disc at all. so how will that work out.
nuttin_88
_
1. June 2005 @ 20:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you are so right ps22man, i can relate to that.
_
2. June 2005 @ 02:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a feeling it will be as much as the PSP games are selling for $65 dollars.I am not sure,but PS2 games where a little more than $50 dollars when they where first released.After awhile it dropped down to 50 dollars,then just kept decreasing for older games down to 20 dollars.

...........................:SiG cReAtEd By Phantom69:............................
umbcorp
_
26. June 2005 @ 06:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey there is some info at http://www.UmbrellaForums.com
about the three systems:
NINTENDO REVOLUTION
XBOX 360
PLAYSTATION 3

Umbrella Staff
Umbrella Corporation
UmbrellaCorporation.com
P.(240) 384-2183
F.(260) 846-5474
M.L
_
26. June 2005 @ 07:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
will they put all games on bluray.'cause they can still use dvd.

Themea
_
6. July 2005 @ 23:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I still don't know how they can charge so much for an 8MB gameboy advance game!!!!!

I'm in New Zealand, and a new release ps2 game is $109, gba is around $60.

PSP gets released here in September, $435 for the value pack, you's have it better over there trust me. Everythings expensive here :(

Rent & Rip
mr_magnon
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
7. July 2005 @ 14:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol and were complaining about our prices
demonkill
_
10. July 2005 @ 10:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
£50-£60! I would not pay that much for a game. Ps2 games were £40 when the ps2 first came out and I don't expect them to be anymore than that

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. July 2005 @ 10:02

HipN
_
17. July 2005 @ 15:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think itll start out as being arounf $70-$90. but theyll drop the price after a while cuz no one is willing to pay that much.

Sony PS2 (Playstation 2) Slimline (V12) GH-035-71
Sony Playstion 2 Region: NTSC (North America - USA and Canada)
DVD-/+R: Verbatim DVD-/+R 1x-8x 4.7GB MCC and PRO-DATA DVD-R 4x 4.7GB
DMS4 Lite Modchip + ToxicBIOS Ver. 1.3 + Possible Fix
Dual Shock Controller
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MD Memory Card

Burner: Sony DVD RW DW-D26A
Software: DVDDecrypter, Nero, and Alcohol 120%
HipN
_
17. July 2005 @ 15:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think itll start out as being arounf $70-$90. but theyll drop the price after a while cuz no one is willing to pay that much.

Dual Shock Controller
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MD Memory Card

gillies
_
17. July 2005 @ 20:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey another kiwi on here. i am from nz two and just bought gt4 for $119.00 i still remember paying $1000 for my ps1
xboxmj
Suspended permanently
_
17. July 2005 @ 23:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The prices really suck, i can barely afford 50 bucks for a game. And now pay 60, its insane. The system will be really expensive, and people will have to buy games(10 more expensive) that will be close to 500 dolars for a system with only 1 game. And SONY knows there will be kids in the world waiting for the ps3 but their parenrts will not be able to afford one
lajr1980
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
18. July 2005 @ 00:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
damn $60
i'm sorry but too much

~Much luv for my D.C. Honiez
HipN
_
21. July 2005 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PS3 should release the system with 2 controllers, 1 memory card, and 3games, that be a good deal and thats a pretty good way to attract customers

Dual Shock Controller
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MD Memory Card

Freddy_C
_
21. July 2005 @ 15:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If it's more than £40, I would not buy real games, it's just a rip off.

And I also think that format wouldn't really matter - Blu-ray/DVD. Since they cost probably similar amount to manufacture. The Blu-ray games might be more expensive because they hold more game info and took longer to develop etc.
Advertisement
_
__

_
InMaChip
Suspended permanently
_
21. July 2005 @ 17:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I heard X-box games were goin 2 be around 70-90 dollars so the ps3 will be about the same
IM gunna get a mod 4 ps3 i aint payin that

CH

Page:12Next >
Related links
Download PS3 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Pachter: Sony likely to cut PS3 prices next week 6 15. August 2017 News comments
PlayStation 4 can stream PS3 games, reports say 12 24. October 2016 News comments
Sony reveals free PS Plus games for Vita, PS3 and PS4 owners 1 7. June 2015 News comments
PlayStation Now subscriptions headed to PS3 next week 1 6. May 2015 News comments
PlayStation Music powered by Spotify now available on PS3, PS4, Xperia 1 31. March 2015 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
PS3 not spinning discs / new laser no light 3 8. May 2014 PS3 - Everything else
ps3 fat, ylod fix, can does not work right- 2 7. May 2014 PS3 - Modding & Hacking
What is Cobra ODE for PS3? 1 7. May 2014 PS3 - Modding & Hacking
how to unban my dex ps3? 10 16. March 2014 PS3 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - modding & hacking > so how much is the original ps3 game..?? anyone have any speculation??

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork