User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 21:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > how to make your own memory card exploit using the independence installer
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to make your own Memory Card Exploit using the Independence Installer
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jonjakjam
_
6. October 2004 @ 11:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok man, let me know when youve finished workin on it.
I just hope it works =)

Advertisement
_
__
minmao
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
6. October 2004 @ 12:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
L-Burna, thank you. how could I get the files you made for me?
Ataxonu
_
6. October 2004 @ 20:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
KL.ELF is not there...???

Oh lol... the KL.ELF is already pre-renamed to BOOT.ELF lol...'

And the SNES emulator you used, was that the "SNES STATION"???

And I was wondering if it is in anyway possible or needed or a like to have a ELF for Swap Magic Disk... I have Swap Magic Disk and would like to stop using my pressed disk and somehow use it off this exploit as my final button...

Are HDDAdvance and HDLoader both patched with support for larger than 120 GB HDD???

ALL TRUE GAMERS PLAY ON EVERY PLATFORM!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. October 2004 @ 20:53

minmao
_
6. October 2004 @ 21:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got a ps1 game working. Thanks for the terrific guide...you are really awesome, L-Burna.

I will try to get ps2 game working this weekend...no energy now.

_
6. October 2004 @ 21:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I guess you are right jonjakjam I tried a couple of methods of getting it to boot PS2 Dvd game,Demo,and even the GameShark2V2,but they all don't work.I guess it was only meant for PS1 games,well that sucks.Glad you pointed that out,but was hoping to find a better way around the PS1 game method.I am gonna keep trying and hopefully something might pop up out the blue.Sorry to say this minmao,but jonjakjam has made a proven statement that the exploit is only able to trigger off the PS1 games for the moment.Yeah Ataxonu the KL.ELF file was renamed to BOOT.ELF pretty much the keylauncher file,but glad you saw that.The SNES_EMU.ELF file I used was the SNES Station pretty nice to use,and can boot dvd compiled SNES station discs.I recently put the PGEN V1.2.5 on my memory card also,so I am good on the emulator issues.The HDDLoader and HDDAdvance I think are not patched.I think they are just the originals with no patch to them,but I can't confirm this since I don't have a harddrive.If you can install the hddloader or hdadvance and maybe connect to it.Then upload the patch from there,and run it.That might work,but I can't really say since I don't have a harddrive.Sorry I can't really help you there man.

...........................:SiG cReAtEd By Phantom69:............................
Ataxonu
_
6. October 2004 @ 21:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a general question about installing apps... If possible is there away to install the apps via a device like action replay onto the memory card instead of having to burn the app to a disk and then some how cause the app to be streamed off it and onto the memory card???

_
6. October 2004 @ 21:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nah it is not possible Ataxonu for this technique.That is probably why the Action Replay Max with the pen drive is better I am thinking.I just realized there is no way of upgrading it or adding more apps,unless making another compiled disc.I guess this exploit isn't that bad,but probably should look into the ARMax EVO edition.I actually have the ARMax EVO edition,but just haven't messed with it yet.I guess I can look into it and see what it is like.If I see anything usefull I will let you all know.The independence exploit is not that bad for just starting out.

...........................:SiG cReAtEd By Phantom69:............................
jonjakjam
_
7. October 2004 @ 04:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I knew id prove you wrong sooner or later L-burna =)
I tried using a dvd game when I first got the MCexploit, to see if it would work but no luck.
This also proves that breaker pro is a ps1 disk man and not some "magic" PS2 software disk like you said.

I dont think youll find a way to use a ps2 dvd with this exploit, like I said before this exploit takes advantage of a small flaw in the boot sequence for ps1 games only!
I guess il just have to stick with my custom made exploit disk(my ps2 boots ps1 backups).

_
7. October 2004 @ 11:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah man it has the PS1 driver inside it only.I think if we give it time though someone might release a version with the PS2 drivers.I just thought this one might have it,but yeah you was right.The reason the breaker pro I wouldn't consider a PS1 game,as some people call it is the fact that it can play dvd-rips using swap magic.It is actually a PS2 software disc,but like you said it contains a PS1 game.I am working on messing with the ARMax EVO pen drive exploit right now.It isn't bad to be honest,you can save discs in the long wrong.It also lets you add more elfs I think.I am gonna keep reading up on it and see what else it can do.The pen drive is the way to go if you use the exploit alot,and upgrade it with more elfs or beta elfs all the time.

Ataxonu
_
8. October 2004 @ 20:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, I gave it a shot though as usual there is a problem... For somereason the black instal screen can't even find the title.dat file... Now what is the most interesting is that it miss spells it to tile.dat so wtf is up with that shizzit!

_
8. October 2004 @ 22:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You lost me,Ataxonu I can't figure out what happened man.I was wondering did you fix your KL.DAT file man.I know I said to delete the KL file that was named BOOT.ELF thing and replace it with PS2Menu mainly just renaming the PS2Menu to BOOT.ELF,but if you delete the actual KL.DAT file then you are gonna have to get it again.Then go into it with notepad or wordpad whatever you prefer,and fix it to look like this:

O=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/HDLOADER.ELF;HDD Loder Free

It should look something like this man.Everytime you add an .ELF file to your cd right.You have to go into this file and look at one of those buttons and type in the sequence man.I was wondering what kind of region PS2 do you have also man.I am just trying to find out as much info about the prob as possible.

trych0t
_
9. October 2004 @ 09:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sweet setup L-Burna, this thread helped a lot. I appreciate all the help you've given. If you don't mind to give some more I had 2 questions.

1) What's the purpose of editing the LBA number on the System.cnf file?

this one is big, so I'll take it slowly

2)How does the install of this go?

I'm using GameShark v2 for ps1 discs. Burnt the image with the change in LBA on system.cnf. Followed your helpful guide to a 'T'. Turn on PS2, put in GameShark. Let it load through all its crap, and then hit 'Start Game', Then 'Without Codes', then it asks for me to insert game discs. I insert the burnt MC exploit disc and hit 'X' to continue, screen freezes a bit and says "loading please wait", I hit 'X' again. Whole screen goes blank.

my question to all this is in parts.

a) do I really need use a slide card at this for the gameshark booting, even if it asks for a disk at that point?

b) if I have to use the slidecard...I use it at that screen "when it ask for inserting discs" and everything should be ok?

c) do I use the actual PS1 discs I have instead of the burnt cd I made from the first post you had posted, or is that after I have successfully installed the mc exploit? because i remember you mentioned that acts like a trigger.

sorry but I haven't been able to find any solutions with anyone using gameshark v2. many ppl using cdloader or swap magic.

i appreciate any info and help you can give.
thanks
trych0t
_
9. October 2004 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah trych0t I can help you out man.The system.cnf LBA is tooken from the swap magic cd disc,normally alot of discs made use this LBA to boot the discs.It acts like a reflection code for the disc you boot it with.If you are using a modchip the LBA is not needed,but it is a trick to swap users.The GameShark booting the exploit I have no clue man.I think if you get the swap magic discs they will benefit more,it is not bad to have the gameshark as a boot discs.It is really just the fact that normally after awhile you start to get read errors,saying insert PS2 format disc.It gradually increases after awhile,and mainly the swap magic discs seem to be on top man as for swap users go.The rest of the questions I would answer like this man:

(a)Although you are very happy with gameshark.I would suggest investing in the swap magic discs.I promise you that you will benefit from those discs more than you will the gameshark or even better the hdd exploit.I am not real familiar with the gameshark method,but I do have it and can work from it if needed.The slidecard is not the way to go man.If you are planning on getting a better setup go with the fliptop or harddrive man.

(b)The slidecard is the one you should focus on man.It is not as good as the fliptop or harddrive in being a safe method.Your PS2 will soon start to fatigue over time man,and laser and tray will start to wear n tear.

(c)You should go with either a PS1 game or Breaker Pro V1.1 either one will work.If you use the breaker pro it will not effect it since it acts as a TOC refresh disc anyways,and if you go with a PS1 game make sure it is something you don't play man.The discs I mentioned should be original man,if it is burned it will not boot to the exploit at all everytime you plug that disc in.What the trigger does is boot to the exploit off the memory card everytime you plug that trigger disc in.The step right here is pretty important,making sure you get a disc that self boots is the main factor.If you invest in the swap magic discs the breaker pro discs would be perfect for this.

I think the main thing is that I am not trying to make you go out and buy it.The thing is that I am just saying you should probably get the swap magic discs with a flippy lid or something like that.If you are running a mod or something like that.The swap magic discs will not matter since mod boots everything almost,except the messiah chip.I heard that chip has the most problems running this exploit.I think the mod is alright,not making it look bad.I am just saying this is not something to have if you are running this exploit also.

The gameshark can't boot the exploit that I know of.I am sure it is possible,but from what I have seen.It hasn't succeeded,sorry to tell you that man.I know that probably got your hopes down for using the gameshark with it.I am sorry man,but I can't really help you out with the gameshark method.Wish I could,but have no clue on the gameshark method man.

Ataxonu
_
9. October 2004 @ 10:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, I "think" the problem was because I had no memory card inserted, so I will try putting one in next... (Wanted to see if program would boot before using a mem card)

Also, have you made any advancement into if a usb pen drive (max evo) would work as well...

jonjakjam
_
9. October 2004 @ 13:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
The gameshark can't boot the exploit that I know of.
Wrong again L-burna, GS2 or AR2 v2 or less work with the exploit, just dont change the LBA of the system.cnf.
Quote:
and if you go with a PS1 game make sure it is something you don't play man.
Why do you say that L-B?

trych0t, the PS1 Gameshark cd wont work, you need to use the PS2 version to install the exploit, if you dont have it you might wanna concider gettin ARMAX...its better for exploits, I found that you can even use a digital camera or flash pen instead of that expensive Max drive thing to load and boot any exploit you want =)
SMD are pointless once you have the exploit installed L-B.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. October 2004 @ 13:26

trych0t
_
9. October 2004 @ 15:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cool thx for the info guys. yea i'll guess i'll try a few more times with the gameshark v2.

btw, what i meant by ps1 gameshark,was that the it was a ps2 gameshark v2 cd, blue backside, it just had the ps1 cheat codes instead of the ps2 cheat codes. would that make a difference if that is what you meant. to load the ps2 cheat code disc of gameshark v2.

thx for the advice on the slidecard, didn't know that would happen.

thx again guys,
trych0t

btw, how the heck can you do that with a camera. and also, was thinking about ARMax. not a bad idea.. ah so many choices.. lol
_
9. October 2004 @ 19:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I never said it didn't work jonjakjam what I meant is that I don't know the technique of getting it to work.I was saying that the LBA is changed for swap magic users,and so forth.If you are hear to criticize then be my guest.I am not trying to make mistakes,but I guess you see them more clearly then me so be my guest.
Quote:
and if you go with a PS1 game make sure it is something you don't play man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you say that L-B?
Yeah man this is pretty much explainatory right here.The PS1 game is gonna be launched right,so if you like PS1 and are using a PS1 trigger disc.I don't see how that would be the way to go.If it is just one game you don't like then this makes sense to me right.Since it won't work after you put that in the title.db right.
Quote:
The gameshark can't boot the exploit that I know of.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong again L-burna, GS2 or AR2 v2 or less work with the exploit, just dont change the LBA of the system.cnf.
I didn't really say it could or not.I am just saying that I haven't tried it,and from what I hear the disc never stops spinning right.You would have to stop the disc inside the system,and the only way to do that would be slidecard.I wouldn't recommend a slidecard to anyone jonjakjam that is why I said not to use the slidecard.In all fairness jonjakjam I wasn't wrong with this man,it might seem like it but nah man I am just trying to help out.

Another thing trych0t the method would probably be like this then to clear the gameshark method up.

Insert your gameshark2V2 the PS2 disk.
Tell it to start without codes,using slidecard which I don't want to tell you.
Slide the tray out and insert the Memory Card Exploit disk.
The tray will stop making it possible to swap the discs.
If you are using fliptop cover then you will go with swap magic discs.Since the fliptop will not stop spinning the actual disc in the drive.
Quote:
SMD are pointless once you have the exploit installed L-B.
Nah man I use them quite frequently and they seem to boot more than you think.Although it might not seem like it yeah it is safer then the other methods described.The LBA that came off swap magic discs is the same LBA that is on the gameshark2V2 discs also.I don't see how they are that different,beside the actual gameshark being able to stop the drive inside the PS2.I am glad you know alot on this and happy to have you help out also jonjakjam.Like I said man I am not making false statement just saying use what is safe,because we all want to keep the PS2 alive right.

Peace L-Burna

_
9. October 2004 @ 19:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh another thing the ARMax exploit is the way to go man
Quote:
if you dont have it you might wanna concider gettin ARMAX...its better for exploits, I found that you can even use a digital camera or flash pen instead of that expensive Max drive thing to load and boot any exploit you want =)
I agree man glad we both see that right.The pen drive can be bought at a WalMart or something similiar,buying a pen drive with the ARMax is kinda pointless.If you do I think they charge you more for it,not really sure on how much it costs.I have the pen drive that came with the ARMax,and it is no different than any pen drive you can buy at the store.It looks cooler that is pretty much all,but besides that nah you can get that cheaper from the store than buying it with ARMax probably.You say you can use a digital camera jonjakjam where did you see that man.I never heard of it,but sounds cool man...Nice

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. October 2004 @ 19:44

_
9. October 2004 @ 20:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am still working on it Ataxonu,but should be done real soon man.I think this guide would pretty much help you out though:

|||[[INSTALLING MC EXPLOIT USING AR MAX/EVO CD]]|||

Author iMNeW

Posted 2004-10-06 @ 23:33 GMT

<<<<INSTALLING MC EXPLOIT USING AR MAX/EVO CD>>>>

GATHER THESE TOOLS FIRST:
-PS2 (duh)
-8mb MC (duh)
-ACTION REPLAY MAX/EVO CD
-Pendrive
-Title.db (it should be modified to ur psx disc id)
-ELF FILES (hdloader, hdadvance, dms format, etc...)
-Ps2 save builder (its on ps2savetools)
-Xps to Max converter (its on ps2-scene)
-PC
-BOOT.ELF ( this usually the ps2menu.elf, it was rename..)

Overview:
first, turn on ur ps2 with mc inserted and without disc, and got to ur save on ur mc...
IF YOU SEE THIS (Your SYSTEMCONFIGURATION) thats where ur exploit files will be installed....
(besure you dont delete this)

HERES THE GUIDE:
1. open up ps2 save builder
2. put BADATA-SYSTEM or BEDATA-SYSTEM on the ROOT/ID space
3.then click text icon...then window will pop up
just put (Your SystemConfiguration) all in the 3 blanks...
4. then just drag files (title.db, BOOT.ELF, hdloader.elf and other elf's) on the ps2savebuilder....
5. besure u have list of file that listed on the ps2savebuilder window....
6.then save it...FILE=>SAVE AS=>anyname.xps
(BESURE YOU CHOOSE *.xps as save as type when saving this)
6. then just open up the xpstomax convertor....
then click FILE=>Load xps... (locate where u save the *.xps, this is the one u save when u use ps2save builder...)
7. then a list of file will appear...(those are the files u drag on the ps2savebuilder you dumb nuts and u should have the important files =>TITLE.DB, BOOT.ELF and ur hdloader and other elfs...)
8.then click FILE again then click SAVE MAX...
(this will now convert ur xps to max saves)
wait for few minutes, then ur MAX save will be created..
9. now its time to put on ur MC....
first copy that *.max save to ur pendrive then use ur AR MAX/EVO CD to uncrush taht max save on ur MC... (to do that goto ur memory card manager, then goto ur pendrive then u would see ur shit
&Your SystemConfiguration<= yea this shit on ur pendrive check it then choose uncrush it on ur MC and ur done...
(NOTE; besure that thers no systemconfiguration on ur MC before u uncrush &systemconfiguration...)
10. turn off ur ps2...
11. insert ur psx cd...
12. AND THEN YOU WILL SEE UR SHIT PS2MENU ...
press r1 on ur ps2 controller then choose MC0... teh u will see ur BADATA-SYSTEM... choose it ...
then u will see HDLOADER.elf and the files u drag up from ps2savebuilder.....just hightlight HDLOADER.ELF then press x then ur SHHHH***T HDLOADER LOOOADSSS UP..

HOPE U UNDERSTOOD WHAT I DID

I found this guide out when searching on the way to load it from the memory card using ARMax with the pen drive and so forth.It might be a little sloppy,but sill it is understandable to somewhat.I think you can make out what has to be done.If not I can help you out,me and jonjakjam right.I am sure jonjakjam knows more about this than me,using a digi cam to boot the exploit.That is wild man I still can't really get over that ;).

Ataxonu
_
9. October 2004 @ 21:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, the digital camera and its memory card act just like a hot swapable usb pen drive so I would think it is plausable... I just got done making a new cd-r compilation that I think will work this time (going to try it out in a little bit) you made some very BIG advancements and developements and I think the folks over at ps2-scene and ps2ownz would love to have your guide as well, but lets test the crap out of it before hand... I am going to use the ps2menu-k 1.3 as my boot.elf along with my 10th button being linked to ps2os.elf (which has support for flash memory cards)... Then tomorrow I'm going to try that new max evo guide of yours (got max evo from bestbuy today 0-yeah-baby!) and see if I can get that running aswell, assuming my new image works tonight by the standard exploit way... This is going to be a huge developement (well already found out to some extent but made easier to do by u)... It will now allow us to hopefully just transfer a ELF right onto the pen drive and plug it into the ps2 and execute it off the pen drive (Have you tried that yet?) I also got some good deals on a 128mb pny and 128mb sandisk cruzer and I also have on hand a 256mb pny pen drive and a flash card "slot" type of drive and will try all 4 and report what I have found... I also got some fresh memory cards tonight which I believe will kill that tile.db error (I figure a miss-spelling of title.db) (if I find out what is the cause I will report and you can put a warning in your guide).......

_
9. October 2004 @ 23:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah man glad to have any help on the guide as much as possible.I was thinking about it,but never tried it.I think it is a good idea and yeah man am looking for a better method of upgrading the .ELF files as much as possible.Any helpfull finds to make it better is much appreciated,and definately worth trying.There is another way by using ftp way,but this is more complicated than usual if you have never setup a ftp server.I think that is another way of doing it,but would probably need the ethernet adapter for the PS2 to get it to work.Like I said man any help is appreciated and will look forward to your progress.

_
10. October 2004 @ 00:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have another nice find it is the EMS memory adapter that can work.It is a memory card slot that runs through usb to connect to the computer from the PS2.If you want to check it out you can find it here http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=23&products_id=2360& .It is nice to have since you can store your game saves on the computer,and even upgrade the exploit this way also.I thought it is cool,let me know what you think of it.

jonjakjam
_
10. October 2004 @ 03:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
About the PS1 trigger disk... explainatory right, if you take out the MC it will boot the game as normal, did you ever think about that L-Burna =)

About GS2... The disk STOPS spinning once the main menu has booted up so you were wrong...but its all good.
The slidecard wont damage too much if the disk isnt spinning right, I dont use it anymore but never had a prob with it. fliptop is better but its gonna cost ya!

About the digi cam... I thought to myself, theres got to be another way??? So I just plugged my cam into my pc and tried sending a file to its media card with the Max software. Strangly enough it worked fine with ARMAX... so it saved me alot of $$$ =)

That EMS adapter looks outdated but would be good for transfering saves etc..

_
10. October 2004 @ 04:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah it fixes it when you take the memory card out when you want to play PS1 games.I guess you gotta keep pulling that sucka out when you want to play your favorite PS1 game.Other than that,it can be fixed by downsizing the title.db with just one game though.I was just saying it isn't really needed all the other games on the title.db,when you pretty much only need one game.
Quote:
About GS2... The disk STOPS spinning once the main menu has booted up so you were wrong...but its all good.
The slidecard wont damage too much if the disk isnt spinning right, I dont use it anymore but never had a prob with it. fliptop is better but its gonna cost ya!
I was thinking a different method man.It was the method where you get to the Insert Game Screen then use slidecard.I thought when you slide the tray out,it will automatically stop the disc from spinning.I don't know man,like I said I am flippy user with swap magic discs.

Yeah man the digi cam method aint bad.I think it's cool and yeah it probably does save you money in the long run.That is cool jonjakjam to see you got it working with the digi cam method.

The slidecard is the worse jonjakjam,it not only defects the tray of the PS2.It has serious probs with later effects is all.The drive tends to get weakened by this,and the laser also gets weak.Glad to hear you got something better man.

The EMS adapter would have to agree it looks outdated,but still can be used man.It has more than one adapter also,so there are numerous possibilities with this one man.I was looking at the specs of it,and this is what all it has for it:

Compatible with PS2 and PS1 Memory Cards
Format function to fix corrupted PS2 Memory Cards
Backup your Save Games on your PC
Edit PS2 Save Games
Connect the Memory Card to your PC via USB port
Download and exchange game save data
E-Mail game saves to your friends
Software supports Windows 98, ME, 2000 and XP

The main thing is the adapters for it man.I think you can find them here http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=25&products_id=287& this one is the smart media add on,and this one http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=25&products_id=503& which is the flashcard 16mb.I know it doesn't look nice,but yeah it has its possibilities right to work pretty good with the exploit.I don't know man just pointing out more stuff that works with the exploits right.Whatever will save money in the long run is the best way to be honest.

Advertisement
_
__

_
Doodmar
_
10. October 2004 @ 12:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, anyone know if it is possible to use the gameshark method with the gameshark you can rent at Hollywood Video? Or do you have to use a gameshark that has the memory card dongle?

The reason I ask this is because I don't want to go and buy a gameshark just to use it once to install an exploit.

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > how to make your own memory card exploit using the independence installer

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork