User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 20:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > how to make your own memory card exploit using the independence installer
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to make your own Memory Card Exploit using the Independence Installer
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Ataxonu
_
10. October 2004 @ 13:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
REPORTING:

If you get a "tile.db" error right off the bat then you either don't have a memory card inserted in the first place, or it is unformatted... Insert and format before hand...

Also, I got it to boot and boy is ps2menu-k UGLY green and black...

Notice durring the boot sequence that it mentions that ipconfigure.dat is screwed up or not right (forget exact error, look carefully)... I'm going to also test KeyLauncher 0.4 to see if R3 and L3 are working... (How exactly did you get your R3 and L3 buttons working when it doesn't seem that ps2menu is configured to hotlink them...)

Also, and most astonishing is that in ps2os the usb pen drives are unfound wtf!!! What other ELF can I try to in order to find if they indeed are working and that something is wrong with ps2os...

ALL TRUE GAMERS PLAY ON EVERY PLATFORM!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. October 2004 @ 13:16

Advertisement
_
__
_
10. October 2004 @ 13:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey Doodmar wats up yeah the gameshark2V2 should be the gameshark that doesn't automatically eject the tray.If you can find the older version then you should be good to go.The ARMax can also be used,same thing also.It should have a dongle memory card,and not have the auto eject button.This is a good way to get the gameshark or action replay to work,making sure the tray doesn't auto eject.The newer builds are made to auto eject so there really is no way to trick the PS2 into knowing you actually swapped discs,so that counts them out.Anyways good luck on finding something to boot it with man ;).

...........................:SiG cReAtEd By Phantom69:............................
_
10. October 2004 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey wats up Ataxonu glad to hear from you man.The menu-k is ugly,that is something to point out man.I never seen it,but you probably right.When you are talking about the L3 and R3 buttons for the KL.DAT config file for PS2Menu they are just for the install man.They actually point out the .ELF files when you install them.When you config that file it should pick up right away when installing,the keylauncher is not as good as PS2Menu man.You might want to stick with PS2Menu,not the menu-k version but just the normal PS2Menu V2.6 .When you get that error with PS2os I think the menu-k is only for harddrive users.I am not real sure about it,but that could be the problem with it I think.

...........................:SiG cReAtEd By Phantom69:............................
Doodmar
_
10. October 2004 @ 14:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, just rented it. It's Gameshark2 V.2 lite. When I boot it up it goes to the main menu and doesn't stop spinning....is it suppose to do that? When I pick start game, there is no option to start with no cheats enabled, but it doesn't auto eject. It came with no dongle.

So.....how do I do it?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. October 2004 @ 14:43

Ataxonu
_
10. October 2004 @ 17:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"""When you are talking about the L3 and R3 buttons for the KL.DAT config file for PS2Menu they are just for the install man."""

(Install of what, the initial installation onto the mem card????? and then they dump those key assignments?????)

(How does PS2Menu know to look at the KL.DAT file for key assignment...or is the KL.DAT file associated with the independence installer application?)

(When in the PS2Menu it is black with green font on my screen) It doesn't have the buttons assigned to a specific program rather it is a program much like PS2os where you can execute a .ELF by hitting X...)

"""They actually point out the .ELF files when you install them."""

(The button assignments point at the .ELF files? Only when installing them?)

"""When you config that file it should pick up right away when installing, the keylauncher is not as good as PS2Menu man."""

(CONFIG WHICH FILE AND WHEN? and PICK UP WHAT?)

When you get that error with PS2os I think the menu-k is only for harddrive users.I am not real sure about it,but that could be the problem with it I think.

(Which error? If it is the ipconfig.dat file that I mentioned then the error is this: "Could not find ipconfig.dat, using defaults")

P.S. Have you tried or been able to get PS2os to see a usb pen drive, did you have to add a file somewhere as the readme says?

And is PS2MENU v2.6 pretty like keylauncher??? and/or has the same hotlink button setup???

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. October 2004 @ 17:25

_
10. October 2004 @ 18:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It is like this Ataxonu the KL.DAT config file is edited to associate with the BOOT.ELF file in the install.When you assign those buttons,it is like telling the BOOT.ELF file.This is gonna be PS2Menu V2.6 or keylauncher that the ELF files are on the exploit to install.If you miss something in the KL.DAT config file it is more than likely fail to recognize the .ELF file.The keylauncher you can try it out if you want.All it does is use the actual key buttons which is only limited to 12 buttons.The PS2Menu is better then this,because it lets you press the X button over the .ELF files.If you use buttons rather than using the button X feature.You will run out of buttons before you will using the button X to boot the .ELF files.

_
10. October 2004 @ 18:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey Doodmar do you have a way of swapping discs by using slidecard or fliptop.You are going to have to trick the PS2 into not knowing the disc is being switched out.That is why I am asking you this.

Ataxonu
_
10. October 2004 @ 19:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AH, so more or less the KL.DAT file informs the BOOT.INF that "hey there are some ELF files you need to know about" And so it helps guide the BOOT.ELF in the install process...and thats it, unless you have a keylauncher BOOT.ELF then it will boot KeyLauncher with those pre-assigned buttons with linked ELFs

I guess what I'm confused about is that how does the KL.DAT file know to associate itself (for it was specifically made for KeyLauncher) with the PS2MENUv2.6's BOOT.ELF... Was PS2MENU's BOOT.ELF built to look for that KL.DAT FILE in the first place, and thus are all initial menu type BOOT.ELF's looking for that KL.DAT file or is it that the KL.DAT was not made for Keylauncher specifically and is a general important file???

How can a program (other than KeyLauncher) that is not coded for KL.DAT see and use it in the first place, and know to use it???

I guess I'm looking for more of a "WHY" than "HOW"...

Ok, I re-read your last post in detail and I think you said that the installer actually edits the KL.DAT file to fit itself to the other programs (PS2MENU) BOOT.ELF... So it actually tweaks itself in the install process...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. October 2004 @ 19:23

Doodmar
_
10. October 2004 @ 19:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes L-Burna, I made a slide card in order to do this, but I don't know when I am suppose to use it with this version of GS(the cd never stops spinning...is it suppose to stop?).

Could you please give me a step by step tutorial for when I have my slide card, GS, PS1 game and exploit CD made?

Thanks
_
10. October 2004 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well they probably put the KL.DAT config file in for updates to it.I am thinking since they leave this file out of the actual program such as PS2Menu or keylauncher it would make it more adjustable to improving it by upgrading older .ELF files and such.If the program was adjusted to have it already built into it.Then the possibilities of ever upgrading it would decease.Other than this man,it is always good to use this for advancing and improving the memory card exploit by adding removing whatever you want ;).

Ataxonu
_
10. October 2004 @ 19:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Also, my exploit file size is about 7.3mb right now in size so there is little room on the memory card... Is their a way to compress this or would it be wise to cut it down to some of the more basic menus like PS2OS (cuz it requires a shit load of space for the DEV 1 stuff) and get the USB pen drive working and then launch the misc. ELFs off of it???

_
10. October 2004 @ 19:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah Doodmar the method you probably want to use should be like this:

Start up the GameShark2V2 that you have right.
Then select without codes and when the screen that says Please Insert PS2 game comes up.
Just use the slidecard method to exchange the compiled exploit.
Let the exploit install everything until it says Installation Complete then hit the reset button.
Next use a PS1 game you have and insert it into the PS2.The PS1 game should be original also,not a copy of the a game.The disc has to selfboot in order to access the Menu everytime you use it.
Good Luck man and hope it works,but if it doesn't.You might have to use a different boot disc.I hope I helped you out.

kujima
_
10. October 2004 @ 19:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First off thanx for the guide. I got a few q's for yaa 1. Can I use this guide to put pgen on my memory card by itself without the additional files?
2. I have a ps1 demo disc can I use the slus from this?

Also: my ps2 is totally non modded and it is my understanding that you can get pgen on the memory card and it will load a burnt cd with genesis roms without a modchip. But I have not found anyone who has done this yet.
_
10. October 2004 @ 19:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah man the Pgen can be put on the memory card,and you can use a PS1 demo disc also to boot it.As long as it is PS1 you are ok.The way you should probably go about this would be to find the version of PGEN V1.2.5 it was the beta demo release from http://www.gamebase.ca when you get this file.Open it up using winrar,and add the .ELF file into your FILES folder along with your .ELF files are.Now go into your KL.DAT config file with wordpad or open it up with a text document,and make the adjustment to this.

[]=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/PS2MEDIA.ELF;PS2 MediaPlayer 1.50
/\=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/MCLOADER.ELF;MCLoader
O=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/HDLOADER.ELF;HDD Loder Free
X=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/HDADVANC.ELF;HDAdvance
R1=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/CSL.ELF;CogSwapLoader by Hermes
R2=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/SNES_EMU.ELF;SNES
R3=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/PS2LINK.ELF;PS2Link 1.23
L1=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/PS2LOAD.ELF;CDLoader v7 5.2
L2=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/MCFORMAT.ELF;MCFormat
L3=

The L3 button in the KL.DAT config file is empty so you can use this button to put PGEN on there,all you have to do is type this in the line after you inserted the PGEN.ELF into your FILES folder along with all your other .ELF files.

L3=mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/PGEN.ELF/PGEN V1.2.5

Another thing when you want to get the title.db to work with the PS1 demo disc.You are going to have to get the Title.db creator window gui or either title.db frontend program.Your chances of getting a good title.db are easier with title.db window gui version.This is pretty much just taking the system.cnf file from the PS1 demo disc and using that to create the slus file for it.You can find this tool off of http://www.ps2savetools.com and the Pgen V1.2.5 should be off of http://www.gamebase.ca .The compilation also is different for the PGEN emulator,because you can't use cdgen you are going to want to use magiciso or something similiar to it.I am not sure why it tends to mess up the compilation using cdgen,but it won't work from what I read.I hope I helped you out,and good luck.

Doodmar
_
10. October 2004 @ 19:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
On the main menu for the gameshark there are 3 options - start game, codes(or somethin like that), and language. When I select start game, there is no option for "without codes" it just goes directly to "insert disc and press X to start or O to go back". I tried the slide card here and the disk was still spinning, then I inserted the exploit disc. When I pressed X, it just froze up. Didn't even sound like it tried to read it.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. October 2004 @ 19:57

_
10. October 2004 @ 19:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hmmmm.....maybe you could try jonjakjam's method where right when you get to the start menu of it,try to swap the disc with slidecard.That might work instead,keep trying and eventually you will get it man.

Doodmar
_
10. October 2004 @ 20:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
K, I'll go mess around with it some more. Thanks for all the help.
Doodmar
_
10. October 2004 @ 21:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nope. Nothing worked. I tried switching disks at the main menu, but when it was reading the exploit CD, it just stopped. I also tried swapping with a ps2 game(by the eject button) and then slidecarding the exploit cd. I can't find a way to make the GS cd stop spinning. Guess I need a full version... :(
_
10. October 2004 @ 22:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hmmm...sorry to hear that man,maybe you are right.It could be the dongle that you mentioned earlier,that could have something to do with it right.

jonjakjam
_
11. October 2004 @ 02:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The disk stops at the main menu, but thats not where you do the swap. Once it does stop you choose start game, without codes..you do the swap with slidecard or whatever when it says "insert game disk and press X".
Doodmar you will need the dongle or it wont work.

one more thing
Quote:
I got it to boot and boy is ps2menu-k UGLY green and black...
Ataxonu you have the major ugly and old version of ps2menu, theres a version out there thats alot easier to use and looks much nicer...
i cant remember the link>?? but if you want it pm me with an email an il send it to you.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. October 2004 @ 02:13

kujima
_
11. October 2004 @ 09:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok cool I think I got it. One last thing though..since I dont have a modchip or the network adapter what would I have to do to get this on to the memory card? Will this load automatically after I put it in? If needed I have a gameshark v2. And yes the demo disc is a ps disc not a ps2 disc.
kujima
_
11. October 2004 @ 10:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok I think I followed the instructions pretty good but before I start making coasters can I send you some screen shots of how I set it up?
kujima
_
11. October 2004 @ 10:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm using magic iso to prepare the bind but I was wondering if I still need to add that lba 12231 in the system.cnf because it doesnt give the option for it as it does in cdgen
kujima
_
11. October 2004 @ 16:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I dont knowabout you guys but for me the score is: COASTERS 2 KUJIMA 0. I tried using magic iso twice and had no luck wit my first cd the second cd stated spinning and reading and I thought it worked. but when I put in my ps1 cd it it started the cd. I'm gonna try the newest version of cdgen tommorow maybe I'll have better luck.

P.s. If anyone needs the directions for how to make a slide card let me know.
Advertisement
_
__

_
rowdan
_
11. October 2004 @ 21:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok im really confused, your telling me i can burn a disk link cd-r and boot it in my unmoded ps2? if this is not what your saying can you explain how i "compile" this disk? what type of media?

Rowdan
V4 PS2 ~~ PnP No Solder Mod-Chip ~~ HDL ~~ MCL ~~ SM DVD & CD
Nero ~~ DVD Decrypter ~~ Emprix "POS Fry's Special" ~~ NexStar USB2 HD Enclosure
Buy blank DVD-R at http://compcdr.com/

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > how to make your own memory card exploit using the independence installer

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork