User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:25
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > tutorial: making mp3 ringtones
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Tutorial: making mp3 ringtones
  Jump to:

Posted Message
lannigan
_
5. September 2005 @ 13:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok guys, just wanted to let you all know i found a place to download motorola phone tools v3.20. It took me about 2 hours and a language pack install but i found it, so enjoy, you may have to drop your firewall to download this.... enjoy.... :)

http://www.ttdown.com/

use the edit, than find on this page thing in internet explorer for motorola and youll find it....

The Doorbell Rings....
Ahh The Postman.....
Nothin Beats The Smell Of A Freshly Cracked Spindle.....
I Close My Eyes And Smile......
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

23 product reviews
_
6. September 2005 @ 01:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just google for "sound effects" to find what you want. I have Austin Powers communicator sound as sms tone ^_^
buckweat
_
6. September 2005 @ 08:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
awsome thread! Helped me so much!!!!! Thanks to everyone at afterdawn!!!

-=ChAd=-
lannigan
_
7. September 2005 @ 08:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use a program called goldwave, open the mp3 and than split out the 10 or 15 seconds that I want for my ringtone, than save it as a 56kb mp3 file. Usually ends up making files no bigger than 175kb and they are awesome, i can make ringtones from any song I want for free ;)

The Doorbell Rings....
Ahh The Postman.....
Nothin Beats The Smell Of A Freshly Cracked Spindle.....
I Close My Eyes And Smile......
liljoe
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
12. September 2005 @ 19:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i did everything you said and i downloaded mobiledit how do i get the clip of music on my moto v180 ?

if your cookies are stale dip them in milk !!!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. September 2005 @ 19:07

AfterDawn Addict

23 product reviews
_
13. September 2005 @ 01:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Connect your v180 with your computer via usb-cable, and then just copy files to audio-folder in mobiledit.
sosegado
_
13. September 2005 @ 07:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the thread.

http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=15105842
FREE 20 GB Photo iPod

Two of my friends have gotten Free 20GB iPods through this. I'm not kidding. All you have to do is complete 1 cheap offer.
TheWorth
_
15. September 2005 @ 10:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How do I get my computer to recognize my phone? I have a Razr V3.
soccer33
_
16. September 2005 @ 12:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a motorola v505, wit atnt or cingular whatever, can someone tell me how to create mp3 on my computer for free and then get them to my phone with out going on the internet on my phone and costing money, wat do i need to do that?? thanks for the help
skeeter69
_
18. September 2005 @ 10:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the link to razorlame comes up as a zipped folder...how do i run the program?????
cliffbong
_
18. September 2005 @ 13:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yea how do you get the computer to reconize your phone, i have a razor v3 as well adn when i plug my phone in it conects then disconects within a couple seconds. also can i email
sosegado
_
18. September 2005 @ 15:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Soccor,

You need to get Motorola Phone Tools. Use the mp3 program that is mentioned above and then transfer it to your phone through Motorola Phone Tools.

http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=15105842
FREE 20 GB Photo iPod

Two of my friends have gotten Free 20GB iPods through this. I'm not kidding. All you have to do is complete 1 cheap offer.
cliffbong
_
18. September 2005 @ 15:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have mpt and it wont stay connected
fantom
_
18. September 2005 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have mpt connected..how do i transfer the ringtone files?

Knowledge is Power!
CivlDX
_
11. October 2005 @ 17:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I used nero's wave editor to make my mp3 tones. Its opens mp3s and waves, and allows you to choose which part of the song you want, cut the rest, and save the file as an mp3 whith tons of options for bitrate and whether you want your ringtone mono or stereo.
copprhead
_
12. October 2005 @ 21:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Am having the same problem as Brett06. When encoding I received message the Lame.exe cannot be found. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

copperhead
chuy01
_
14. October 2005 @ 06:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can i email the tones 2 my phone? and where? im using tmobile on a razr
e_lectric
_
19. October 2005 @ 17:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
By far the easiest way to send files to your phone is bluetooth. USB BT dongles can be had for ~$10. Nothing to plug in, no software, just send it.
JRL47
_
7. November 2005 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK. My phone is a V551.

So I got as far as to get the ring tone on my phone (via P2K Tools). The applied "as ringtone". Then called my phone from the house and the old ring tone is still playing.

I tried this with two separate MP3 files, same thing happend both times. I have no user groups or catagories set up for ANYONE in my phone book. Confused??

Jason
victa815
_
15. November 2005 @ 17:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
where can i dl this mobile edit program u say that is from motorola itself? :D [link]

thx

~Victor~
Hexxen7
_
6. December 2005 @ 21:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anyone know any advanced sound editing? I made a few ringtones with the above method, but they still dont sound very good. I have some ringtones from cell one, paid ones, though i didnt pay for it..but they sound really good. Loud and clear, no distortion what so ever and these are ringtones by linkin park, which have a lot of distortion. I am just wondering if anyone knows how the cell phone companies make them sound so good. oh i tried that method someone posted about setting the highpass to 100, that didnt work just had a error.

btw i have a Motorola V400
gaz69er
_
7. December 2005 @ 03:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey just email me what realtone u want and ill make it 4 u then send it bk (rodsteel69@hotmail.com)
mateofams
_
17. December 2005 @ 08:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I HAVE A IMAC.. DO YOU GUYS KNOW IF I CAN SEND MP3 FILES TO MY MOTOROLA V600
THROUGH THIS METHOD? I HAVE A PROGRAM THAT IS SIMILAR TO THE ONE POSTED AND
CAN FIX THE SONG TO HOWEVER I WANT IT. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN SEND MP3
FILES TO MY FONE ? IS Mobile Phone Tools COMPATIBLE WITH IMAC 0SX 10.3.9

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. December 2005 @ 08:15

bill7213
_
17. December 2005 @ 21:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Need help please.

I made some .wav ringtones for my i730 of some of my bands songs. i know some people that would like to also have them. would a .wav ringtone work on all phones that can play .wav files or does different phones need to have different bit rates and all of that.
Advertisement
_
__

_
pr0w3ss
_
24. December 2005 @ 08:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
YES!!!!!!!!!!!1 free ringtones!!!!

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > tutorial: making mp3 ringtones

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork