User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 18:14
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital video discussion for mac users > burning .bin & .cue on dvd - how???
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Burning .Bin & .Cue on DVD - how???
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AtrophyG4
_
29. September 2005 @ 13:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The one step we can leave out is the burning of the disk. What thelox is saying is that Toast has the function to mount the disk image on the desktop as though a disk were in the drive. We can then manipulate the files within and not have to burn the disk.

The problem I am seeing is that a VCD is standard mpeg1. SVCD is Mpeg 2, as is DVD. So...when we burn this file, Toast is not doing the conversion because it thinks that mpg is mpg and doesn't change the type. DVD players will only read layer 2 mpgs so that would be why it wouldn't work on a standard player. I think really the only choice is running it through ffmpegx or similiar program (are there any others?) to make the m2v and AC3 files and author those in Toast. Otherwise we end up with a 700 meg DVD that is suck quality.
Advertisement
_
__
_
29. September 2005 @ 15:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thank you for the clarification.. but then why would you burn only 700mb file onto a 4.7gb disk.

just by the way.. i have toast 6.. i burned that dvd at about 500gb each file. two files... so about 1gb. and that only took like 30 mins. i had safari and itunes running at the same time. and that's on a mac mini.. it does have 1gb ram.

i am getting toast 7 today.. hopefully the store has it in stock. i'll check that out and post results.. i know macman had done it.. and said it was pretty good speed.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. September 2005 @ 15:31

mac242
_
19. January 2006 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
k, the lox you are a genius, it works when you convert the dat files to mpg files, then drag them to video then burn. But I have another question, when it burns the mpg files, does it automatically burn the dvd with chapters and all, or do I have to get a certain type of torrent file?
_
19. January 2006 @ 21:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
stickied as per request :)

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
_
20. January 2006 @ 07:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanx creaky..
its a pain trying to dig this thing out everytime i need it.

mac242
_
20. January 2006 @ 15:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
stickied? huh? no one answered my question.....
_
20. January 2006 @ 15:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i thought i had on the other thread...

the chapters i believe are done automatically.. u can make your own menus..

the encoding does take a while tho.. that's why i leave it encoding overnite.

mac242
_
21. January 2006 @ 03:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok, by twice now ive tried burning from toast (dvd-video) and both times they almost finish but then they give me a disk error. The laast one said something about -050? The first dvd i tried to burn was an mpeg, and the second was an AVI file, no consistency here, im thinkin it might be the brand of dvds? u guys?
_
21. January 2006 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what brand of dvds are you using?

check my sig for good media..

mac242
_
21. January 2006 @ 12:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
maxell, the dvdinspector does not work when I bring it up.....lox any ideas in converting AVI files?
_
21. January 2006 @ 12:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ffmpegx...

streamclip might do it

mac242
_
21. January 2006 @ 17:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
k, ill try out ffmpegx and tell u how it goes......the brand im using is maxell....DVD+R.......i know i know DVD-R are better, but are DVD+R usable or what?
mac242
_
21. January 2006 @ 17:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so for ffmpegx whats the best format to change .AVI files to...DVDmpege2enc, DVDffmpeg or mpeg-TS?
_
21. January 2006 @ 19:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you should be good to putting under ts...

mac242
_
22. January 2006 @ 03:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
k, so just to be sure here, i can burn TS files under the DATA tab as a dvd-ROM? is this correct, cos it wont let me add the files unde dvd video.....

also anyone explain an error code im gettin under tost 6....disc error code -50????
mac242
_
22. January 2006 @ 15:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i just tried to burn a TS file after putting it through DVD2OneX, and got the following error Sense Key=medium error
Sense code=0x73, 0x73

any ideas?
_
22. January 2006 @ 20:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did it give you the error when you tried burning or adding it in?

and yes.. data tab-->advanced-->dvdrom udf..

dont use cheap media.. check my sig for quality media..

mac242
_
23. January 2006 @ 06:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no it gave me the error, while it was burning...so im confused here, i Haven't had 1 successfuel burn yet.....
_
23. January 2006 @ 14:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what brand of media are you using?

mac242
_
23. January 2006 @ 15:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im using maxell dvd+R
_
23. January 2006 @ 15:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
run that thru the program in my sig and post what they code out to...
what speed are those rated at?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. January 2006 @ 15:40

mac242
_
26. January 2006 @ 20:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this is going back to a previous question in this thread. I have a bunch of .AVI files, that I burn on dvd. With ffmpegx i select the.AVI file i want to change in the 'open' field, then the save as field ...do i change the ending from .AVI.ff to .mpeg manually, because when I dont, it doesnt create the file. Im confused on how to convert .AVI files. Toast wont burn unless they are converted
res1492
_
6. February 2006 @ 02:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok i know this is a lot of encoding but this is how i get my Tv episodes (AVI) onto DVD

First start by opening toast 7...under the "Video" tab choose "Video CD"
Drop in the episodes..for some reason i find that if i try to encode more than 6 at a time
they Fook up...so no mre than 6...it doesnt matter if the little coloured bar at the bottom
goes into the red at this moment in time because your not going to burn the image to a
CD..you just need the .Dat files that it encodes
Now goto "File" And "Save as Disk Image"..Save it somewhere..After it has encoded, right
click and "Mount it"
Now open the Disk image and goto the "MPEGAV" Folder ...You should see your episodes
there...they will be called "AVSEQ01.DAT" files
So depending how many episodes you dropped in you'll have as many .DAT files

OK now copy the .DAT files out onto your desktop and rename them to your TV show.
So....
If you dropped in 3 lost eps
AVSEQ01.DAT=Lost Eps 01.DAT
AVSEQ02.DAT=Lost Eps 02.DAT
AVSEQ03.DAT=Lost Eps 03.DAT
And so on......

Now open up toast again and under "Video" tab choose "DVD-Video" and drop in the .DAT
files...keep your eye on the little colouerd bar so you know when your DVD is full.
Choose the menu style you want and Goto "File" and "Save As Disk Image"
Once this has encoded you will be able to burn the image to a DVD and watch on your
Player

Guys i know that there must be easier ways of getting .avi files onto DVD but this has
always worked for me and with my new GigaDesigns 2GHz processor upgrade for my G4 it
doesnt take long at all
About 20 mins to encode an episode to VCD then about 1 and a half hours to encode a full
DVD

And please dont ask me any hard questions as i dont pretend to be a Encoding whizz...in
fact i stumbled upon this by accident
I hope this helps you out :D

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. February 2006 @ 11:30

reverb77
_
8. February 2006 @ 00:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This threads been a huge help...I have a question still, hoping someone can help me out.

I have a 790MB video file. I want to be able to watch this on a DVD player, not just my computer. I mounted the .bin and .cue files, and I copied the AVSEQ01.DAT file to my desktop. My only concern is this...the file is over 700MB which is what my CD-R is. I have some blank DVD-Rs also, but I dont want to waste them trying out different things. Can someone advise me on what to do? Is there a way to get a file that large onto a CD-R (or DVD-R...I'm still confused about what I need to put it on...VCDs can be recorded on CD-R, right?)?
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
8. February 2006 @ 07:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this one is actually from the post right above yours..
Quote:
Now open up toast again and under "Video" tab choose "DVD-Video" and drop in the .DAT
files...keep your eye on the little colouerd bar so you know when your DVD is full.
Choose the menu style you want and Goto "File" and "Save As Disk Image"
Once this has encoded you will be able to burn the image to a DVD and watch on your Player
that is pretty much the main way to do it.. i know i've tried it this way in its fine.. you can also check out ffmpegx..
but the toast option, i found, is to be pretty dang easy. yes, it will take a while to encode.. but just leave it overnight. go find something else to do while its encoding..

i'm constantly looking for new software for mac.. i did find this site..

http://www.pure-mac.com

they have shareware, demos and freeware.. check out the video section.. they may have something there for just that.. and if they do.. just post it back up.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital video discussion for mac users > burning .bin & .cue on dvd - how???

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork