User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 08:25
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital video discussion for mac users > burning .bin & .cue on dvd - how???
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Burning .Bin & .Cue on DVD - how???
  Jump to:

Posted Message
reverb77
_
8. February 2006 @ 14:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Now open up toast again and under "Video" tab choose "DVD-Video" and drop in the .DAT files...keep your eye on the little colouerd bar so you know when your DVD is full.
Choose the menu style you want and Goto "File" and "Save As Disk Image"
Once this has encoded you will be able to burn the image to a DVD and watch on your Player
OK so I did that...and everything worked great until I got an error message with 3 mins left to burn (after encoding). The error message read:

THE DRIVE REPORTED AN ERROR
SENSE KEY=ILLEGAL REQUEST
SENSE CODE=OX21,OX02
BUFFER UNDERRUN

However, the DVD plays great for the first 9 mins on my player. I have no idea what to do next. Ideas?
minusbear
_
18. February 2006 @ 16:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi, i recently procured a movie from the internet and am used to .AVI and the occasional .VOB but the files that i got were a .bin and a .cue

i want to get the .bin and .cue into .VOB files so i can watch my movie on my dvd player.

i have Toast 7 Titanium and ffmpegx.

whenever i try to add the .bin to ffmpegx, it tells me that there are no audio or video tracks and doesn't encode.

help?
_
23. February 2006 @ 10:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this is from the first page of this thread.. that's why i had it stickied. hop this helps.

Lets try it this way...never actually done it but we can see.

Open toast and click copy and select Disk image in the side panel.
Click Select... and find the BIN file and open it.
Back in the Toast window, click Mount... (should be right next to Select...)
You should have a Disk on your desktop titled similiar to your files.

Open the disk and find a folder called MPEGAV and open it.
Drag the .dat file out onto your desktop or HD and wait for it to copy.
Change the extension from .dat to .mpg which should make it viewable mpeg in Mplayer or Quicktime.

Go back into Toast and unmount your image (button used to Mount...)
Click Video up top and select DVD Video in the advanced pane.
Drop your newly aquired mpeg into the window, insert a DVD and click burn.
Set your burn prefs in the drop window and click record.

It should encode the mpeg and burn it as a DVD, but it will take some time. Set it to go before you go to bed and it should be about ready or done when you wake up.

All of this seems to work on my system. The only thing I did't do is the burn process. When I did drop the MPG into the DVD Video window I noticed it only took up a fraction of the disk, whereas the .AVI files I have encoded through Toast have always taken up the whole disk for best quality. Try saving as a disk image and then mounting the image to make sure it plays in OS X's DVD player before you make a coaster.

yes, i do realize you are on toast 7, but you also do have that feature in toast 7. you're really just using toast to mount the image

Advertisement
_
__

_
biggy350
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
10. March 2006 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am having the same problem and have read all 3 pages and still can't get it to work. Here is my problem. I select Disc Image in Toast 7 and I mount the .bin file to my desktop but when I open the disc all the folders are empty - "No Items" - So I can't continue. I know the movie works because I can view it with the VLC media player. Which is fine but I don't want my 5 year old anywhere near my powerbook! :) Any help is greatly appreciated!

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital video discussion for mac users > burning .bin & .cue on dvd - how???

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork