User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 17:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > tutorial: how to play backups w/o mod chip, only max drive pro memcard
Show topics

Forums
Forums
TUTORIAL: How to play backups w/o mod chip, only Max Drive Pro Memcard
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mr-cube
_
4. February 2006 @ 06:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this is great it is so much cheaper than hard mods

the link for GcoS is dead

Robert
Advertisement
_
__
t1grfire
_
4. February 2006 @ 08:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you try googling for GCOS, i found it pretty easily, i know i cant link to the site because of forum rules but i'll give you a hint
europe+asia 'dot' 'nu'
what's the combined word for europe+asia? hmm cant seem to remember ;)
mr-cube
_
4. February 2006 @ 08:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol thanks,

There are four copies of it

GCOS v1.5 (teaser)

GCoS v1.5 Final (pack)

GCoS v1.5 T3 (binary)

GCoS v1.5 T4 (binary)

what one should I get

Robert

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. February 2006 @ 08:24

t1grfire
_
4. February 2006 @ 09:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the pack, everything else doesnt sound right
xerofyre
_
4. February 2006 @ 12:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok it keeps saying Media wasn't recognized for me. I'm using some no-name dvd-mini's and my dvd writer is a Pioneer.
mr-cube
_
4. February 2006 @ 12:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got the final pack and there are multiple dol files what one do I load.

GCoS 1.5 (Viper DVD).dol
GCoS 1.5 (Qoob Pro Internal Flash).dol
GCoS 1.5 (PSO).dol

Then there is a .bat file that the ready me says...

This is GCoS 1.5 with the potential to use Action replay codes by means of merging it with
Action replay 108. It has been tested on maxdrive pro, and PSO. (It will not support ViperGC
or Qoob as they already have cheats built in).

What you will need:
d0lz3.0
Action replay 108
Darkakuma/softdev action replay patches
A way to boot homebrew code (1.5mb~ file)

Method:
Patch Action replay 108 with darkakumas patch
D0lz this patched file (with "Drivesave OFF" (-m))
Place this dol (ar108-dLZ.dol) in the directory and run "runme.bat"
"GCoS With AR.dol" will be made.

How to know if it works:
Apart from giving it a go, check that the CRC of the file produced is this: 0876c44b
AR with -m flag offset is 37326528

Thanks to Maximilianop, Sharpener (Fuzziquer_Software), softdev, and Lukeage.

I think I have to use the .BAT file is this correct?

Robert
xerofyre
_
4. February 2006 @ 12:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you have to use Gcos 1.5(PSO).dol
_
4. February 2006 @ 13:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Xerofyre: Where does it say media not recognized? Your gamecube or your PC?

Mr-Cube: I said explicitly on the tutorial that you should use gcos(pso).dol

Xerofyre: Sry then I had heard it would load import games but perhaps I was wrong. I never really tested import myself.
xerofyre
_
4. February 2006 @ 14:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
on my gamecube :(
_
4. February 2006 @ 14:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
GcoS tells you media not recognized?

Are you in the UK just out of curiousity>?
_
4. February 2006 @ 14:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
and the link for gcos is alive
xerofyre
_
4. February 2006 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nope, in the U.S.
xerofyre
_
4. February 2006 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah Gcos says Media not recognized
_
4. February 2006 @ 20:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it looks like there are two different types of max drive pros.

which is the correct one to use to do this max drive pro softmod?

i've only seen the one with one disk for sale on codejunkies.

is the one that brucedlx used available anymore?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. February 2006 @ 20:40

_
4. February 2006 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
2 possibilities:

1. Your Blank DVD's are cheap/incompatible (unlikely)
2. Your laser needs POT re-adjusting (Probably because you bought it more recently)

These are the only 2 sol'ns I can think of.
_
4. February 2006 @ 20:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
YattaroDO:

The link I posted on the first post (tutorial) is the same MAX Drive Pro I bought. I don't see another max drive pro on the codejunkies website... link??

Xerofyre:

This is quoted right from the codejunkies website:
""
The Loader Disc boots on any GameCube from any region, and loads files from the MAX Drive Pro cartridge. Files are displayed in a simple file structure and any executable files are pre-loaded and run
""

So you should be able to get rid of your freeloader and load imports w/o even GcoS just the loader disc.

Here is a link on how to tweak the GC Laser to read your disc:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/138930
xerofyre
_
4. February 2006 @ 21:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the loader disk doesn't have an option to boot game, it just lets you load files....

anyways, would it work if I got a replacement top and used regular dvds, or would I still have to adjust my laser?

oh and I bought my gamecube like a year ago on ebay

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. February 2006 @ 22:00

moffat_20
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
5. February 2006 @ 11:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have tried this and when i swap the discs the drive doesn't even spin.
I used GCOS 1.5
Fullsize Ridisc DVDs
I'm in the UK
_
5. February 2006 @ 18:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK replacement top just lets you used FULL SIZE dvd's instead of mini's. I don't recommend it but really it should not make a difference.

Xerofyre: If you have no luck with mini's than I do not think full sized will do you any good either.

Are you guys ticking "Finalize Disc" when you burn your gamecube games? This may be the reason it isn't loading...

Also, I recommend Ridata minidvd-r's they are what I use and I never have any problems. If those don't work I suggest doing the laser re-adjustment. I haven't tried it myself but I know a lot of people who have so it can't be too hard... I know you softmodders wanted to avoid opening your gamecube but sry that's all I can really think of. I have had my fair share of problems but not the disc not recognized one. Maybe it's the Ritek media, maybe the Pioneer burner, maybe the fact that I use Nero, I don't know.

I can only suggest either getting better blanks or adjusting the lens.
moffat_20
_
5. February 2006 @ 23:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
These are games i used to play using PSO so i know they work its just it doesn't even try and read the disc when i swap them
_
7. February 2006 @ 06:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moffat 20 in this case it's possible that the MDPro exploit doesn't work with fullsize DVDr's. I'll look more into this because it doesn't make any sense!
moffat_20
_
7. February 2006 @ 07:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks anyway i will get some mini dvds to try it out
MoaFun
_
8. February 2006 @ 08:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
brucedlx what happens when you choose "Boot Game option" with an orignal disk inside ? (just leave the max drive pro disk inside)
mr-cube
_
8. February 2006 @ 16:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If a Ritek Ridata the same as Ritek G04

what media does gamecube like?

I have heard things about Ritek g05, what is that?

Robert
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
8. February 2006 @ 21:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use Ritek G04 w/ no problems. G05 shouldn't give you misery either. Something about Ritek Dye I hear....

I don't know what happens if you boot game w/ an original such as the disc itself in the drive because I have never wasted my time bootdisking something original but I can if you really want to know...

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > tutorial: how to play backups w/o mod chip, only max drive pro memcard

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork