User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > couple of improvements to bbml/ubb parsing
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Couple of improvements to BBML/UBB parsing
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
31. August 2006 @ 12:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cool

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. August 2006 @ 12:20

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. September 2006 @ 02:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
these new features need to be added to the rest of the options in the "reply thread box"

[bold.]Text here[/bold.] -- The text will appear in bold.
[i.]Text here[/i.] -- The text will appear in italics.
[img.]http://www.theurl.com/picture.jpg[/img.] -- This will show a picture.
[quote.]Text here[/quote.] -- This text will show as quoted.

and cant we have clickable links,instead of typing them out each time?

cause i am a lazy b*****d

and oh yeah,the site needs a link where users can be directed where there they can see what options they got,how to use them.
its ok having all these bits and bobs,but you dont want everyone asking in every other thread "how did you do that?"

i.e,loads of users dont even know how to edit/quote/report/pm etc

maybe someone can make a guide,and this guide can then be emailed to every member

sounds daft to some,but i bet there are loads of members that dont know "how to"

join me,and other members here,on the "unofficial" afterdawn live chat channel ->
http://www.adbuddies.org/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. September 2006 @ 02:54

legend999
_
7. September 2006 @ 05:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just like the christmas.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. October 2006 @ 22:22

DXReturns
_
7. September 2006 @ 12:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks m8
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. September 2006 @ 15:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@hursty

Those that can't do Bold/italics/img/or quote can't read or follow instuctions and could never back up a DVD properly. LMAO

_
7. September 2006 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can't do Bold/italics/img/or quote yet they can always find CAPS LOCK...

Maybe be some kind of limit to the amount of Upper Case letters (in a word/line) could be imposed somehow.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. October 2006 @ 22:22

_
8. September 2006 @ 08:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Those that can't do Bold/italics/img/or quote can't read or follow instuctions and could never back up a DVD properly. LMAO

Or, maybe they have never felt the need to learn how to do it, not that they cant read instructions, and are probably more than capable of backing up a dvd properly.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. October 2006 @ 22:23

gerry1
Suspended permanently
_
8. September 2006 @ 10:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
An intuitive young man you are billyboy....I've started backing DVDs long ago. Why learn to do a quote when you can ... well...use quotation marks which were invented for exactly such a purpose. With the exception of the images, all else is merely a redundancy on an existing function.

2 product reviews
_
8. September 2006 @ 17:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the "color" tag is good, but can we have a second version for people who aren't american and like to spell "colour" properly.

Quote:
and cant we have clickable links,instead of typing them out each time?

yep, i agree with hursty. I've seen the clickable thing at many other sites before and it works great. I believe that aD is behind the times in this respect. which is odd for a site wich appears to usually be "on the ball"

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. September 2006 @ 17:26

_
7. October 2006 @ 12:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey dRD,

i was just wondering when members will be able to use the new tags in our sigs? Any time soon?
Thanks in advance, for the Info.

"When I look at the smiles on all the childrens faces, I just know theyre about to jab me with something."- Homer Simpson
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
7. October 2006 @ 20:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey dRD can we have these new tags displayed on the top of the box where like it shows you how to put in html tags. Can we have them bellow the html tags.

I hope that makes sense.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
Advertisement
_
__

_

2 product reviews
_
5. February 2007 @ 05:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So, can we use these "new" tags in our signatures yet?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. February 2007 @ 05:55

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > couple of improvements to bbml/ubb parsing

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork