User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 08:04
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > "2 sheep burners& efm encoding"
Show topics

Forums
Forums
"2 Sheep burners& EFM encoding"
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
6. January 2005 @ 09:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Shoey, thanks for the great thread and info. All the power to ya. regards........skopas
Advertisement
_
__
evilpimp
_
23. June 2005 @ 04:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all, i have a pioneer dvd burner DVR-A07XLA, is it a 2 sheep burner or an almost 3 sheep burner or a 1 sheep burner and what is the diffrence between a almost 3 sheep and a 2 sheep thanks

also if i make a backup of a backup of a smarte protected disk witll it work? in alcohol it didnt come up wth read errors while reading it.

thanks

chainsaw the computer in half... im 99% sure it will fix the problem. and u might even get some new ones
eLeCTR0n
_
13. August 2005 @ 03:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is Pioneer DVR-110 DVD burner a 2-sheep burner?

thanks

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. August 2005 @ 09:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
s Pioneer DVR-110 DVD burner a 2-sheep burner?
i would bet on it that it is.

Use the sheep test to find out http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101608
eLeCTR0n
_
13. August 2005 @ 20:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ geestar20

The thing is I dont have it yet. I am thinking about buying it, and I want to see if it's a good one.

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2005 @ 10:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I read the specs on the Pioneer DVR-110D and im sure it is a 2 sheep burner. are you going to be making backup of pc games or somthing?
eLeCTR0n
_
14. August 2005 @ 18:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am actully looking into getting DVR-110 not 110D which adds RAM writting, but it should be the same thing as 110D as far as other things.

Yea I want to be able to backup games as I dont have a 2-sheep burner now. I've been just living on emulation and virtual drives.

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2005 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
2 sheep burners don't cut it when it comes to securom games as they don't write the bit patterns correctly. to make a true 1:1 backup of securom then get a plextor premium.

i live off virtual drives also as I don't like switching out games and I also have to enable emulation with a backup of securom games. but no biggie.
eLeCTR0n
_
15. August 2005 @ 07:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've read a lot about this DVR-110 and it seems great. I think I am just gonna get that and a Plextor Premium, with that combination you cant go wrong.
And yes I agree I think emulation and virtual drives are awosome but the new SecureRom like Doom3 detects it so you cant use it all the time. Other than that I run all my games from virtual drives.

AfterDawn Addict
_
15. August 2005 @ 15:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a proggy that hides your virtual drives. Very small and works perfect.

PM me and I'll send it to you.
tj007s13
_
10. September 2005 @ 08:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What about this?? http://www.plextor.com/english/products/716AL.htm
Its the The PX-716AL DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW internal E-IDE (ATAPI) drive from Plextor®
I know its the premium but is it 2 sheep?

SuckRaven
_
5. October 2005 @ 03:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ geestar20:

are you saying that you always have to enable emulation for backups of SecuROM protected stuff or that you just prefer to do this? Just wondering if it would make any diff. if you used only a CD-ROM drive to read the backups. (Not sure if ATIP has anything to do with anything in this scenario).

On a related note, is the verdict the PlexWriter Premium (PX-W5232TA) for SecuROM, and something like the Lite-ON SOHR-5238S for SafeDisk? (Only problem with the SOHR-5238S that I could find on the review at cdfreaks was that it ran a little warm, was not too good at CD-RW (which no one uses anyways), and that it is not a 3-sheep burner)...

Basically wondering if these 2 drives are a good combination to tackle (ok maybe not the most brand-spanking new protections) but numbers pretty well up there in both SecuROM and Safedisk...comments welcome..

SuckRaven
Advertisement
_
__

_
kiss161
Suspended permanently
_
22. March 2006 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My CD burner is on the list

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > "2 sheep burners& efm encoding"

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork