User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 20:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > psp v3.03 downgrader out
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PSP v3.03 downgrader out
  Jump to:

The following comments relate to this news article:

PSP v3.03 downgrader out

article published on 29 January, 2007

Noobz has released a new downgrader for PSP, this time v3.03 PSPs can be downgraded to v1.5. The downgrader doesn't work on other firmware versions, but if one has v2.81 - v3.02 firmware, he can upgrade it to v3.03 and then use the downgrader. Ultimately this means that all the PSPs out there can run homebrew and according to Noobz the downgrader is easy to use. Here are the details: ... [ read the full article ]

Please read the original article before posting your comments.
Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. January 2007 @ 18:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No problem, glad I could help :)
Advertisement
_
__
amosangha
_
31. January 2007 @ 07:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey. I'v downloaded all the neccessary files to downgrade v3.03 but was wondering if the folder named "SRS" has anything to do with the downgrade as it is alongside the MS_ROOT folder but there is no reference about what to do with this folder?!?!

-@m0 $4nGh@-
MrKinky
_
1. February 2007 @ 11:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
okay..i might be dumb at all this lol.or i just did it wrong..but come someone add me on their msn messenger and help me downgrade my psp?... first..my psp is a 3.03 ..and yeahi have the gta game with the 2.00 update.. and i'm pretty sure i downloaded the right thing to downgrade with. i just need steps on what to do now..help? msn addy - dantedelacroix@hotmail.com

thanks
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. February 2007 @ 14:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not to sound like an ass, but the readme has more then adequate instructions on how to downgrade your psp...all you need are the 2 downgrade files (actual downgrader and HEN), and a 1.5/3.03 update eboot (only 1.5 if you already have a 3.03). Just follow the readme, you will be fine.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. February 2007 @ 14:01

MrKinky
_
1. February 2007 @ 21:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i know i know ..but i read the read me thing.and i was pretty sure i followed all the instructions..but when i loaded gta.the screen didn't do what it was supposed to.. so can someone help?..msn addy

dantedelacroix@hotmail.com

..ps ..has anyone here successfully downgraded their psp?
chaos2469
_
2. February 2007 @ 01:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hells yeah we have sucessfully downgraded our v3.03 psp's.
dont you think we would have a whole shit load of threads calling it bullshit if it didd'nt work? i mean common!!
as for your walkthrough.. i wont sit there messeging you back and forth all night to try to convince you all is well so here is a step by step from qj.net.
Instructions
------------
Here are the steps to downgrade any 3.03 PSP to 1.50:

1 - If you have a 3.03 PSP skip to step 6

2 - Download 3.03 update from here:
http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.03-PSP/pg/12/fid/11844/catid/163

3 - Unzip and place the file in :/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

4 - On the PSP, run the 3.03 update from the memory stick under the Game menu.

5 - Delete :/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

6 - Copy the contents of the folder MS_ROOT from the 3.03 downgrader ZIP to
the memory stick

7 - Unzip the 1.50 update to a temporary folder. Rename the EBOOT.PBP to
UPDATE.PBP and copy it to :/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ . DO NOT
OVERWRITE PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP!

8 - Load GTA LCS

9 - It should get to loading savegame, then the screen will clear to black
and fill with a light blue colour, then the PSP will reset itself (if
this does not happen see section below)

10 - Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to
"System Information" and it should show up as system version
303 HEN

11 - If it is showing up as HEN then go to the memory stick and
run the x.yz update

12 - If you have an unpatched TA-082 or higher motherboard, you will be
prompted to allow the downgrader to patch your motherboard so it
can be safely downgraded. The downgrader will not let you proceed
without patching, if your motherboard requires it.

13 - Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask
for you to agree to what it is doing, if you no longer want to
continue press the Right Shoulder Button (R-TRIGGER).

14 - Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the
PSP, or try and restart it

15 - Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself

16 - If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press x
to continue, this will mean you will need to re-enter the
settings for network connections into your PSP, otherwise go to
step 18

17 - Load the included NetConfigBackup application in your PSP, and select to
restore, this will take the backup that was done of the network config
that was done automatically during the downgrade.

18 - All done now :-) Hopefully you now have a 1.50 PSP. Enjoy it responsibly.

---IMPORTANT---
dont try to reupgrade to 3.03(official sony fw, custom 3.03oe's are ok) you will brick!!!

if that dont do it for ya, i reccomend just sticking with what you got cuz nothing is gonna make you feel better bout flashing till you grow a sack.

on a side note, you can just load up 3.03 hen with gta:lcs and play homebrew with that. just note it is only hen till you fully turn off your psp.

good luck and god speed little noob!! :)

psp life:1.5>2.0>2.8>3.03>1.5>3.03OE-C
this is a very entertaining thread, check it out!!:)
http://www.forums.afterdawn.comthread_view.cfm/386996
y2kbos
_
2. February 2007 @ 04:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
On no. 9 you said It should get to loading savegame, then the screen will clear to black
and fill with a light blue colour, then the PSP will reset itself. Ya that happens for me but when it does happen it goes straight back to the main page. What are my supposed to do after that, the update.pbp file says that it is corrupt and that doesn't work. You also said to go into system information and see if it says Version
303 HEN. Well mine says version 3.03 whats with that,
does that mean that it won't work I did everything
you said to do and still can't find the problem please
tell how to fix this problem, if there is a way.
chaos2469
_
2. February 2007 @ 06:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i would suggest you redownload the downgrade files for a reputable site like qj.net.
also you will want to check that the gta:lcs umd you have is not patched(usually can tell by the update on the disc, 2.0=unpatched 2.6=patched)
if your umd is the patched version then it wont work.
however, the x.yz update should display just fine in 3.03(sony version) so i think you DLed a shotty version.
i suggest searching qj.net, thier files are all good.
good luck
y2kbos
_
3. February 2007 @ 05:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ya mine is the Unpatched GTA LCS game firmware 2.0 update, what happens with me is when I load GTA LCS eveything goes fine it resets itself like you said. Then I go into system information and it says System SOftware Version 3.03 not 303 HEN which is supposed to happen why is this. I got my psp the week it came out aswell as the game so there should'nt be a problem I did everyhing as ye said. Ye also said if GTA LCS doesn't reset itself copy the contents from the MS_ROOT folder SAVEGAMEDATA to the SAVEGAMEDATA in the psp. Thats how it resets for me as ye said it would, should it still work if I do that? Please help me as I've tried everything and still the UPDATE.PBP still comes up as corrupt.
F_loug
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
3. February 2007 @ 06:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HEY EVERY TIME I TRY TO PUT THE PSP UPGRADER 3.03 I GET AN ERROR THAT I PUT IT IN THE WRONG PLCAE AND WHEN I TRY TO UPDATE IT ON MY PSP IT GOES "the game could not be started (80020148) HELLPPP PLZ ITS ANNOYING
doddsmac
_
4. February 2007 @ 22:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, I agree with the noobees out there. The 3.03 downgrader is not quite 100% clear. I had the same problems as a couple of the earlier posts. The how to says :
"Unzip the 1.50 update to a temporary folder. Rename the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP" but I found this did not work. But it worked if I just renamed the file to "UPDATE" without the ".PBP" extension.
I hope this helps some of the guys just starting out like me.
humzaiq
Suspended permanently
_
5. February 2007 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i got hit by lightning for spamming this fine site!!! edited by ddp

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. February 2007 @ 13:03

Coke_Kid
Suspended permanently
_
5. February 2007 @ 15:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
where do u get those sgn things that are always at the bottom of ur comments
Coke_Kid
Suspended permanently
_
5. February 2007 @ 15:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
(*)sign(*)
Coke_Kid
Suspended permanently
_
5. February 2007 @ 15:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yay
Coke_Kid
Suspended permanently
_
5. February 2007 @ 15:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sry nvm
Xenores
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
6. February 2007 @ 01:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sweet. I might just upgrade to 3.03 now since the downgrader & Hen are out now on that firmware.
leroy69
_
7. February 2007 @ 23:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
does any1 know if there is any way i can downgrade my psp with liberty city stories even though it has a 2.60 upgrade on it?
junaidrq
_
12. February 2007 @ 13:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does this method work with all psp motherboards??
And how can you identify if the gta lcs UMD has a ver 2.0 or is unpatched??
Thanks for your help
chaos2469
_
12. February 2007 @ 15:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes and if the update on the gta:lcs umd is 2.0 its probably unpatched, if its above 2.0, its patched.
hope that helps.
btw the downgrader will automatically patch your motherboard if it needs it, it will prompt you before it patches it, you dont have to anything other than what the read me tells you to, it pretty much is automatic.
junaidrq
_
12. February 2007 @ 15:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my last question is that if i buy a new gta lcs i wont be unpatched or i wont has any way of knowing if it has version 2.0 or not.
attias6
Suspended permanently
_
12. February 2007 @ 17:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For those who say that the 3.03-1.50 downgrader doesn't work,

I was stuck on 2.81 for 3 months and I had nothing to do but, as a gift, I got Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories so I used for the downgrader and it worked! I upgraded from 2.81 to 3.03 and then downgraded to 1.50! So I'll explain the process:

You need:

1) A 1.50 EBOOT.PBP file from Sony (a website is given within the README.txt).
2) a 3.03 EBOOT.PBP file from Sony (a website is given within the README.txt).
3) Any Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (North America).

Instructions:

1) Update to 3.03 by putting the EBOOT.PBP (the 3.03 one) in the UPDATE folder within the GAME folder in the PSP folder (PSP>GAME>UPDATE)

2) Load it from your PSP in the Game menu, in the memory stick and update.

3) Once you've updated, delete the EBOOT.PBP from the UPDATE folder.

4) Copy the contents of MS_ROOT to the root of your memory stick.

5) Rename the EBOOT.PBP (the 1.50 one) to UPDATE.PBP (do not overwrite the EBOOT.PBP that will already be in the UPDATE file).

6) Load Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. When it loads, a light blue screen will appear and the PSP will reset itself.

7) Open your PSP, go to Settings, System Setting and in System Information, it should say 3.03 HEN.

8) Go to the Game menu in your memory stick and load the x.yz program.

9) It will ask you to press X if you want to downgrade and if you want to cancel, press R.

10) Wait patiently until the PSP will reset itself and hopefully, you will be in 1.50!

Aviv
attias6
Suspended permanently
_
12. February 2007 @ 17:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Download the downgrader from www.noobz.eu/download.html
junaidrq
_
12. February 2007 @ 17:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
does any GTA LCS work in north america
if not
how would you know if the game is unpatched or has ver 2.0 if it is packed since you cant open the case before buying it.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Coke_Kid
Suspended permanently
_
1. March 2007 @ 03:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
all i need is GTA :(

[url=http://nexgenwars.com/][img]

Related links
Visit our PSP forums located at our sister site, Blasteroids.com!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
psp games not reading 3 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP Custom Firmware Malfunction 4 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
I cant see my psp games after changing the speed 333 5 9. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
Whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004? 5 19. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP won't turn on or charge 2 18. January 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
Psp go games gone all in saved utility data does not work 4 7. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
need help with my first generation psp!!! 3 20. December 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion
Second-generation PSP Vita will lose proprietary charging port 7 15. October 2013 News comments
help mod my PSP 5 8. October 2013 Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion
Help Needed Psp 2000 Backlight super dim 5 25. September 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > psp v3.03 downgrader out

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork