User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 19:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > psp v3.03 downgrader out
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PSP v3.03 downgrader out
  Jump to:

The following comments relate to this news article:

PSP v3.03 downgrader out

article published on 29 January, 2007

Noobz has released a new downgrader for PSP, this time v3.03 PSPs can be downgraded to v1.5. The downgrader doesn't work on other firmware versions, but if one has v2.81 - v3.02 firmware, he can upgrade it to v3.03 and then use the downgrader. Ultimately this means that all the PSPs out there can run homebrew and according to Noobz the downgrader is easy to use. Here are the details: ... [ read the full article ]

Please read the original article before posting your comments.
Posted Message
nads00
_
16. March 2007 @ 19:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey, i need some help hear.. umm i have no UPDATE file in my memory card. i go to PSP then GAME then no UPDATE file.

i got a v2.81 this is the 1st step to go to 3.03. i got the GTA with 2.00 update

email. superman_10000@hotmail.com. ill be on there 2. please someone help! lol i just got a 4g stick i gotta use! lol
Advertisement
_
__
nads00
_
17. March 2007 @ 08:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
please someone help
MrrGone
_
25. March 2007 @ 12:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
" there are some remnants of 3.03 left in flash. If you later try to re-upgrade to 3.03 and repeat the downgrade, things will break. At some later point, we will work on a cleaner that will remove these extra files. Until then, enjoy! (Don't worry, upgrading to 3.03 OE firmwares still works fine). "

Does anyone know if this could affect the function of certain ISOs? I ask because I have two PSP's, on my old one I can use a backup of xmen w/ no issues but on the one I used the 3.03 downgrader on, the thing skips and stutters during the intro and during gameplay? Really strange. I know the ISO itself is fine because it works on the other PSP, I've tried formatting different memory sticks but it only happens on the 3.03 downgraded PSP.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on here? My homebrew and other backed up ISO's I have work fine. Ironically, the only reason I use the above ISO is because the UMD lags too much. scratching my head. . . .
MrrGone
_
25. March 2007 @ 12:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nads, if you follow the step by step instructions posted here and in the readme, you will be fine. Just take time to read them, make sure you have the three needed files and you'll be straight. Its really not that hard bro.
crazyface
_
2. April 2007 @ 15:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You need GTA: LCS with 2.00 upgrade! you guys are morons and should of searched google long ago! I bought Five different kinds of GTA and the ones with 2.00 updates worked ONLY! I will send you free betas of downgraders for 3.30 if you are nice;) I will even send it in a nice easy install program! it's a beta so BE CAREFUL IT MIGHT BRICK YOUR PSP IF YOU RE-UPDATE TO 3.03 AGAIN. YOU ALSO TAKE THE RISK OF BRICKING BY USING ANY DOWNGRADERS SO IT'S BY YOUR OWN RISK! Buttttttttttt, the people who made the downgraders made sure you had a small bricking chance

DO NOT COPY THIS (Ha they'll never figure out this one!)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. April 2007 @ 20:48

Wut
_
3. April 2007 @ 15:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When i try to upgrade to 3.03, i put it on my psp and go to game, but it shows corrupted data. Can anyone help me?
crazyface
_
5. April 2007 @ 10:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Email me at crazy_frengy@hotmail.com and I will give you full instructions, ok? I have hacked and fixed over 5 PSPs and I got them Custom Firmwares with Super Mario Brothers (hehehe! ;) anyway e-mail me and I will help you

DO NOT COPY THIS (Ha they'll never figure out this one!)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. April 2007 @ 10:47

Stormhoof
_
26. May 2007 @ 08:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by F_loug:
HEY EVERY TIME I TRY TO PUT THE PSP UPGRADER 3.03 I GET AN ERROR THAT I PUT IT IN THE WRONG PLCAE AND WHEN I TRY TO UPDATE IT ON MY PSP IT GOES "the game could not be started (80020148) HELLPPP PLZ ITS ANNOYING
I have the same problem. Ive been searching forum after forum and found that theres a few of us out there but no one seems to know whats cuasing our problem
kdawg224
_
3. October 2007 @ 16:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i downgraded my psp from 3.03 to the 1.5 with the easy downgrade software.worked great as far as i know.but my question is mostly because i don't understand why a few of my functions have stopped.i can't listen to music or look at photo.granted they are not the best features but i likes them.now i just want to know is now that i downgraded with this program is it possible to go back to a newer version of firmware,maybe i'm not looking at everything.but i would rather not be stuck in this situation but here is my bed and i gotta lye in it.
Advertisement
_
__

_
aldercy
Suspended permanently
_
1. January 2008 @ 13:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have just done 2 psp's with this and then upgraded em to 3.03 OE-C No Probs!
Once again a round of applause for the noobz team!
Can't wait for the flash0 cleaner though

aldercy
http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. January 2008 @ 13:49

Related links
Visit our PSP forums located at our sister site, Blasteroids.com!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
psp games not reading 3 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP Custom Firmware Malfunction 4 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
I cant see my psp games after changing the speed 333 5 9. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
Whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004? 5 19. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP won't turn on or charge 2 18. January 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
Psp go games gone all in saved utility data does not work 4 7. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
need help with my first generation psp!!! 3 20. December 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion
Second-generation PSP Vita will lose proprietary charging port 7 15. October 2013 News comments
help mod my PSP 5 8. October 2013 Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion
Help Needed Psp 2000 Backlight super dim 5 25. September 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > psp v3.03 downgrader out

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork