User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 19:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo ds - general discussion > using action replay codes on your r4/m3 simply
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Using Action Replay Codes on your R4/M3 Simply
  Jump to:

Posted Message
balmung03
_
20. May 2007 @ 21:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVDBack,

Thanks for all your help. However, I realized my problem just a few minutes ago when I downloaded a .dat file just containing just pokemon codes, and found that the file I had in the system folder was named "urscheat.dat" instead of "usrcheat.dat". Boy, was my face red. Everything works great now, and so I'd like to thank you for responding so quickly to my question and making your guide so easy to use. Thanks again.
Advertisement
_
__
Loneliest
_
20. May 2007 @ 21:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, well I did everything, and the Usrcheat is in the "system folder". It still doesn't work, do I have to do anything when the game loads up?
balmung03
_
21. May 2007 @ 06:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If I understood everything right, all you need to do is make sure that both the CHEAT.dat and usrcheat.dat files are in the system folder, that you have the 1.08 firmware for your R4 (not sure what firmware is needed for the M3 simply though), and that either the CHEAT.dat or usrcheat.dat file has cheats for the game(s) you're playing. Other than that, I can't think of what would be missing. Hope that helps.
oakcapy
_
21. May 2007 @ 08:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
plz i really like to no where we download the Action Replay NDS ROM?
Skiant
_
21. May 2007 @ 09:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried your tutorial, but the Action Replay Code Manager still refuse to connect to codejunkies.com, though i did exception for it in my firewall.

Do you have an idea what's wrong?
Or maybe do you know other places to get subscription?
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
21. May 2007 @ 09:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Balmung,
You are welcome :)

oakcapy,
You dont need one...

Skiant,
That is something i cant help you with, as i dont know what to do in that situation besides maybe trying at a friends house. sorry.

bobby8592
_
21. May 2007 @ 21:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey first of all I would like to thank you for putting this method up. however I stumbled on to problem during the procedure, when you talk about the whole action replay code manager thing( you know the add codes to the .xml) the program says 'loading failed', so I can't get them codes in to the .xml file. now do you know a method to put the codes in manually? I actually have the codes.
Again thanks because for the rest it works great( there's an .xml sample files with alot of codes for mariokart^^)

*the world is yours*
_
22. May 2007 @ 18:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi i cant get that LAST URL to load is it just the Site being Down cuz its not opening up

HI!
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
23. May 2007 @ 08:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by x2mav4x:
Hi i cant get that LAST URL to load is it just the Site being Down cuz its not opening up

yeah site is down, ill reup now...thanks for the heads up :)

exhil
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
24. May 2007 @ 23:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How exactly do you import xml file?
Mozilla Firefox, internet explorer or crazy browser dont have import xml
im really confused. and where exactly do you import to and the save file?
Can you be more specific?
It's where im gettin stuck with
cuz all i did was, save file as usrcheat.dat but did not import because there's no import xml or whatevevr =S
Help would be great thanks!
exhil
_
25. May 2007 @ 00:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay, Im getting there, I opened the cheat code editor, clicked import the usrcheat.dat and then save as usrcheat.dat again i think
and then put it in system folder.
still doesnt work =S
what am i doing wrong?
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
25. May 2007 @ 07:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by exhil:
Okay, Im getting there, I opened the cheat code editor, clicked import the usrcheat.dat and then save as usrcheat.dat again i think
and then put it in system folder.
still doesnt work =S
what am i doing wrong?
Now it gets easy :-D
Update you MicroSD card with the new firmware
Install the Code Manager.
1. Under Subscriptions right click Codejunkies US Games and select copy if you want all or just do this for games you want.
2. Under My Codelists right click and select paste.
3. Let it import the games into your codelist.
4. Once it has completed go this folder:
C:\Program Files\Datel\Action Replay Code Manager\local_codelists

Find the XML, it should say something along the lines of customcodelist.xml

Open the Code Editor and go to file and press Import XML file.

phuocyx
_
25. May 2007 @ 21:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Here is a very quick guide I found on how to use Action replay codes on your R4 card.
I only give instructions for the R4 but this works on the M3 simply as well, you just need to get the newest firmware, 1.04.

This is verified by myself, and it works great :)

Ok first, you need the latest R4 firmware, v 1.08:
http://www.consolesource.com/support/ind...80&nav=0,3,7,29

Next you want the Code Manager from Datel:
US version:

ahhh soo confused on how to do it >< darnn
http://us.codejunkies.com/nds_actionreplay/SetupUS1_05.exe
Euro version:
http://us.codejunkies.com/nds_actionreplay/SetupEU1_05.exe

Finally you want the R4 Cheat code editor:
http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm
or if the site is down, then get it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/32954884/Cheat_code_editor.rar

1. Under Subscriptions right click Codejunkies US Games and select copy if you want all or just do this for games you want.

Import the one you just made and then go to file and Save As cheat database. Save it as usrcheat.dat.

Now open the card again and navigate to the system folder. Copy the new usrcheat.dat file to that folder and you are done :)

If you have any question, post here and I will help you ;)
exhil
_
26. May 2007 @ 00:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am using M3 simply
dont i need 1.04 fireware ?
1.08 is for R4 isnt it?
i tried 1.08
said it's not compatible
exhil
_
26. May 2007 @ 01:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes! i got it to work
i was supposed to download the latest 1.05 for m3 simply
thanks for your time in helpin me!
awesome!
phuocyx
_
26. May 2007 @ 07:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Here is a very quick guide I found on how to use Action replay codes on your R4 card.
I only give instructions for the R4 but this works on the M3 simply as well, you just need to get the newest firmware, 1.04.

This is verified by myself, and it works great :)

Ok first, you need the latest R4 firmware, v 1.08:
http://www.consolesource.com/support/ind...80&nav=0,3,7,29

Next you want the Code Manager from Datel:
US version:

ahhh soo confused on how to do it >< darnn
http://us.codejunkies.com/nds_actionreplay/SetupUS1_05.exe
Euro version:
http://us.codejunkies.com/nds_actionreplay/SetupEU1_05.exe

Finally you want the R4 Cheat code editor:
http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm
or if the site is down, then get it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/32954884/Cheat_code_editor.rar

Import the one you just made and then go to file and Save As cheat database. Save it as usrcheat.dat.

Now open the card again and navigate to the system folder. Copy the new usrcheat.dat file to that folder and you are done :)

If you have any question, post here and I will help you ;)

phuocyx
_
26. May 2007 @ 07:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
still dont get itt >__<. does aim help if you wanna chat about it haha.
Loneliest
_
27. May 2007 @ 07:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, is there any code site besides codejunkies.com?
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
27. May 2007 @ 08:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

magus7091
_
27. May 2007 @ 11:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm about ready to start RIPPING my hair out over this one, what you made out to be a very simple process (which seems like it should be) has gone down in flames before I even get started. The problem I'm having (and that other people seem to have but no one anywhere has a solution to) is this: when I start the code manager, it doesn't attempt to connect and just says "load failed" when I add a custom code list it says "load failed" there are no updates, and when I try to add a new subscription it says "Error connecting to subscription". Please do not tell me it's a problem with the site, because other people are having the same problem, while some are not. Please do not tell me to "add codes manually" or to "add a new subscription" because If I could add a new one, I WOULD. And if I wanted to manually enter codes, then I wouldn't be asking the question. If you do not have a solution please TELL ME. But don't make something up.

Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
27. May 2007 @ 13:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol well thats one way to try to get help, by being aggressive and angry...too bad that doesnt work over the internet...sorry ;)

All i can say about it is:
1. check your firewall exceptions
2. make sure u have the right Code Manager for your region (us, euro, or japan)
3. Check to see if you are allowed to visit codejunkies.com (it may be blocked for some reason)
4. Uninstall, clear temp files using CCleaner, and reinstall

If all that doesnt work, im sorry, fate is against you my friend.

magus7091
_
27. May 2007 @ 14:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Didn't mean to come off as agressive... Just a bit frustrated because I had spent 3 hours searching all over the net for a solution to this without resolution, and every time I saw the same question asked, people answered with solutions that had nothing to do with the problem given. The only semi-solution was simply getting a cheat database file and using that, and that didn't even work for me. Sorry if I came off that way though. Anyone else had this problem and know of a solution. Note, the firewall is allowing the program, but system logs show no effort of it even trying to connect. Also, I'm able to get to codejunkies.com. Even tried using both the european and us versions of the program. Any 3rd party or other programs that could do the same thing?
--EDIT--
Found software linked from MaxConsole forums, older version 1.01, this seems to be working.

Every night has its day.
I think.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. May 2007 @ 14:33

Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
27. May 2007 @ 16:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, well im glad you got it to work :)
Mind linking that older software for members here who were having the same problem as you?
I would love to add it to the original post, and credit you

magus7091
_
27. May 2007 @ 22:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sure, the link I got (mind you several others have been taken down before, so if you have a more permanent mirror to link it to, then you might want to link it there). But here's the link I got it from:
http://rapidshare.com/files/18333594/Action_Replay.rar

Every night has its day.
I think.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. May 2007 @ 11:34

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
31. May 2007 @ 22:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i cant get the US version of the code manager to work. it says loading has failed for the codelist and doesnt display anything accept "loading failed" I tried to disable my firewall, remove windows protections and still nothing.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo ds - general discussion > using action replay codes on your r4/m3 simply

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork