User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 22:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > forums now show a "processing message" dialog after posting
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Forums now show a "Processing message" dialog after posting
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
12. August 2007 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the latest verison of firefox.

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. August 2007 @ 00:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache?

Quick FYI, I'm on FireFox 2.0.0.6 (latest) and have no problems at all with it.

_
13. August 2007 @ 00:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how do i clear that stuff?

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. August 2007 @ 01:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> - Private Data - >> Settings >> Tick cookies and cache (and add/delete any other options you want) >> Ok >> Clear Now

_
13. August 2007 @ 09:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks man. you have a been a lot of help to me.

ninjanick

Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
13. August 2007 @ 20:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> - Private Data - >> Settings >> Tick cookies and cache (and add/delete any other options you want) >> Ok >> Clear Now
I just use CCleaner :)

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2007 @ 00:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Becos you're lazy? ;-P

_
14. August 2007 @ 08:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Or you could be really lazy and check the "always clear my private data when I close Firefox" option under the Privacy tab in settings...But if thats too much work, make someone else do it for you...

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2007 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dEEz_nUtz:
Or you could be really lazy and check the "always clear my private data when I close Firefox" option under the Privacy tab in settings...But if thats too much work, make someone else do it for you...
But that's really inconvenient if it's clearing data you don't want it to.

_
14. August 2007 @ 12:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
True...But you do have a choice to select and unselect what you want cleared out when you close the browser..As well as being warned beforehand.

I haven't really noticed a big difference now that the "processing message" dialog comes up after posting a message-I think it just depends on the time of day when you get any real lag..I have noticed the site has been running a bit slow the last couple of days though..

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2007 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
True...But you do have a choice to select and unselect what you want cleared out when you close the browser..As well as being warned beforehand.
I know, even so. Anyway, it's late here. lol.

Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
14. August 2007 @ 14:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
Becos you're lazy? ;-P
one click is the way to go my friend :P

AfterDawn Addict
_
15. September 2007 @ 13:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This site is getting hopelessly slow - constipated would describe it.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of posts is falling.
I use IE and FireFox on broadband and the number of timeouts is climbing.God only knows how dial-up users manage.
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
20. September 2007 @ 04:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
This site is getting hopelessly slow - constipated would describe it.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of posts is falling.
I use IE and FireFox on broadband and the number of timeouts is climbing.God only knows how dial-up users manage.
New servers should be up and running in 3-4 weeks time. Current ones just cant handle 10-20k simultaneous users any more.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/

1 product review
_
21. September 2007 @ 07:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Good news dRD...thanks.

AfterDawn Addict
_
21. September 2007 @ 09:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thumbs up!
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. September 2007 @ 14:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That sounds great dRD!!! Tis exciting to hear about improvements at AD.... :D

....gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
tripplite
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
18. November 2007 @ 21:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ya im goin to create a gif of this and use it as my sig, here is my first pic

yehaww
_
12. January 2008 @ 16:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm trying to post in an other thread but it just shows the "processing message" animation and the post never goes through. Slooooooowwwwwww

Is it because I'm including a long error log? This post seemed to go through ok.
_
12. January 2008 @ 17:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by yehaww:
Is it because I'm including a long error log?
if it's a real loooooooong error log, then that'd be why..

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. January 2008 @ 07:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by :
But the really long ones are always the bestest :(
yehaww
_
13. January 2008 @ 17:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
Originally posted by yehaww:
Is it because I'm including a long error log?
It's not any longer than other ones I've seen listed on here. After trying to post the thread yesterday, the "processing" image came up and I just left my computer running, because I was leaving for an overnight trip. I just got back today and it's STILL processing. 24 hours? It may be a long log file, but come on, it's not THAT long. I've posted similar things on other sites and it'll take a minute tops. I'm not sure what's going on here. I guess I'll keep trying.
_
13. January 2008 @ 17:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's a problem at your end, i've had no problems with posting, and that's during me updating my wireless router with 2 new ones/installing new firmware/2days of testing/messing..; just cancel it and try again; if it results in a repeat post or a partial post you can always edit out the first one or one of us mods can delete it

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

1 product review
_
13. January 2008 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
or one of us mods can delete it
I nominate creaky :P

Advertisement
_
__

_
tripplite
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
13. January 2008 @ 22:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if you using firefox or iexplorer the browser would stop trying to load the page after that long, it couldn't have been going for 24 hours,
do you want to troubleshoot the issue with your internet connect?

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > forums now show a "processing message" dialog after posting

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork