User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 07:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > forums now show a "processing message" dialog after posting
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Forums now show a "Processing message" dialog after posting
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:123Next >
Admin

9 product reviews
_
30. July 2007 @ 05:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Forums now show a "Processing message" dialog after posting. This is to avoid accidental duplicate posts.

The message disappears automatically after the post has been processed and submitted. If you experience problems with the message, please post here. Also please let me know the browser type and version you are using as well as your your operating system and version.

Jari Ketola
Administrator
http://www.AfterDawn.com
Advertisement
_
__
mrmcman
Suspended permanently
_
30. July 2007 @ 05:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just noticed that. sounds like a good idea :P

(+[__]%) put this psp in ur siggy. just do it.
PSP Firmware: constantly changing, currently GoldenEye.
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. July 2007 @ 07:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nice one. I was slightly taken a back by it at first, but yeh, the idea is good now I knwo what purpose it serves ;-)

mrmcman
Suspended permanently
_
30. July 2007 @ 08:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah it was a little shocking at first. i had posted no more than 2 minutes before and there was no "processing message". i thought something was wrong with the site till i saw this.

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
30. July 2007 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
does this work in PM's also? just sent a few PM's and didnt notice this???
KolaMik
_
30. July 2007 @ 16:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
All good. There is much duplicate posts on the site. Make hard to find what for you look :)

edit: sorry my English lose me :(

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. July 2007 @ 16:36

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
31. July 2007 @ 07:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok guys. i just posted a link to a scan i did in th escan thread and it posted 4 times???? i didnt get the processing message icon when i clicked on post reply. it took about 30 seconds or so and then there was 4 post of the same thing.
Admin

9 product reviews
_
31. July 2007 @ 07:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cincyrob:
does this work in PM's also? just sent a few PM's and didnt notice this???
No. I didn't add it to PMs since the duplicate posting and processing times aren't really an issue with them. If needed/wanted, the processing display can be added to PMs as well.

Jari Ketola
Administrator
Admin

9 product reviews
_
31. July 2007 @ 08:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok guys. i just posted a link to a scan i did in th escan thread and it posted 4 times???? i didnt get the processing message icon when i clicked on post reply. it took about 30 seconds or so and then there was 4 post of the same thing.
Sounds very strange indeed. Could you please post a link to the thread (and leave the duplicate messages intact, if possible)? I'll try and check what happened.

Jari Ketola
Administrator

7 product reviews
_
31. July 2007 @ 09:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ketola:
Sounds very strange indeed. Could you please post a link to the thread (and leave the duplicate messages intact, if possible)? I'll try and check what happened.

looks like it's this thread: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/540688/3280970

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
31. July 2007 @ 09:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Ketola

sorry i tried to fixe the post by just editing them out and adding something new to it. but they are still there. here is the link to it.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/540688/3280970

edit to add: no need for the Pm's to have the processing message added to it. i was just curious about the whole thing since i hadnt seen it when i first posted??

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. July 2007 @ 09:14

_
1. August 2007 @ 02:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I experienced this new feature prior to reading this thread. While very nice my initial reaction was "it's way too slow". Now i've read this thread i see why it's designed that way and what for; in which case, many thanks, hopefully this'll put paid to the dreaded multiposts.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
1. August 2007 @ 17:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I like Creaky was taken back by this because of the delay it has got with it, but am totally for it now that i have read this thread and do see the upside to this and it will defenitly help with the double posting issue we have had lately.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
mrmcman
Suspended permanently
_
1. August 2007 @ 17:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by borhan9:
I like Creaky was taken back by this because of the delay it has got with it, but am totally for it now that i have read this thread and do see the upside to this and it will defenitly help with the double posting issue we have had lately.

Lately? Its always been here, as far as I can tell.

Admin

9 product reviews
_
2. August 2007 @ 23:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
I experienced this new feature prior to reading this thread. While very nice my initial reaction was "it's way too slow". Now i've read this thread i see why it's designed that way and what for; in which case, many thanks, hopefully this'll put paid to the dreaded multiposts.
I thought about adding a (pseudo) status update to the display to let the users know what exactly is being done when each message is posted. Automatically tagging all software, glossary etc. items, as well as parsing the UBB tags requires quite a few regular expressions to be run against the message.

Hopefully the message parser can be somewhat optimized to reduce the wait. I'd like to stress that the "Processing message" message itself doesn't force you to wait one second longer than it actually takes to process the post. =)

Jari Ketola
Administrator
_
3. August 2007 @ 19:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes turn it off....................

its too too slow......................

dont care for it.............

AnyDvD/CloneDvD Are #1 Hands Down
Extracting Audio Only from DVDs With NERO/DvDDecrypter
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=139536
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
3. August 2007 @ 21:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
In addition to my post above i would like to suggest that this processing dialog box be also on when posting on articles i have come across to many people double posting on news articles.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward

3 product reviews
_
4. August 2007 @ 00:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this message is partly to test the new feature ;) and other partly to say it is a good innovation, even though i barely post anymore i used to have my fair share of "duplicate posts"

"Its so hard to try to be different..."-Apocalypse Hoboken
_
4. August 2007 @ 15:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've recently joined, and I think this is a very useful feature. Normally I double post a few times a week, but this will definitely prevent me from doing so. Thanks.
Shado36
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
4. August 2007 @ 18:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nice idea, seems to work well!

Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
4. August 2007 @ 21:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
win xp pro
firefox 1.5

works fine.

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. August 2007 @ 07:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think the site should show a "This site is barely functioning, but please don't tell the people who support us with advertising" dialog.
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
10. August 2007 @ 15:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
I think the site should show a "This site is barely functioning, but please don't tell the people who support us with advertising" dialog.
wow^^ u cant be serious...

_
12. August 2007 @ 13:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
kill it please.i just waited 4 mins. to post a reply (and no my internet doesnt suck/fail.)

ninjanick

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. August 2007 @ 13:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What browser are you using?

Page:123Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > forums now show a "processing message" dialog after posting

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork