User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 22:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > dvd flick - a basic guide
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD Flick - A Basic Guide
  Jump to:

Posted Message

1 product review
_
2. March 2008 @ 23:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Which version of DVD Flick are you using? 1.2.2.1 contains the last official version of Imgburn, while the beta includes Imgburn 2.4.0.0. You can download the beta here, or simply copy Imgburn 2.4.0.0 to the DVD Flick/Imgburn folder and try again.

Advertisement
_
__
blablalba
_
2. March 2008 @ 23:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
YES! That makes a lot of sense ill try that out and let you know how it goes. ( Ill copy 2.4.0.0 to the DVD Flick directory)

1 product review
_
2. March 2008 @ 23:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Let us know....

varnull
Suspended permanently
_
3. March 2008 @ 00:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Installed flick a couple of days ago.. The main interface seems to have changed. Just a heads up ;)
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. March 2008 @ 01:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
guess i need to update also!

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
blablalba
_
3. March 2008 @ 19:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No, it didn't work. I used 1.2.2.0 and put the 2.4.0.0 ImgBurn shortcut in the DVDFLICK/IMGBURN folder and that didnt work. Then i updated to beta and that also didnt work. The video encoded alright but then it just said finished and it didnt burn. I did click the burn to disc checkmark and ImgBurn is installed.
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
3. March 2008 @ 23:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not enough.. It's easy to put the imgburn.exe (or any other burning application.exe) location in flick. Don't think it will follow a shortcut.. windows doesn't know how to handle symlinks properly ;)

7 product reviews
_
3. March 2008 @ 23:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This could be a last-ditch, but nonetheless....

blablalba
_
3. March 2008 @ 23:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats what i did but DVDFLICK didnt open ImgBurn at all, and then i installed the DvdFlick Beta version and it didnt open ImgBurn once again.

7 product reviews
_
4. March 2008 @ 00:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
With the beta version of DVD Flick, you need to have the new version of ImgBurn,2.4.0.0.

varnull
Suspended permanently
_
4. March 2008 @ 05:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So obviously this beta is screwed if it has dependency hell like that. The previous versions would use just about any burning engine.. WTF?.. Just use the earlier version that WORKS.. It's not like it isn't free. beta software is always buggy.

7 product reviews
_
4. March 2008 @ 09:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Vurnall,

I don't think it's buggy. The reason, I believe, the auto-burn with Imgburn doesn't take place is because at the end of the encoding process
when Imgburn is summoned by DVD Flick a window pops-up prompting you to upgrade to the new version. You're right it shouldn't be that hard. As long as the ImgBurn.exe and the ini file, which forces DVD Flick to burn with ImgBurn, are present in subfolder auto-burn should commence.

1 product review
_
4. March 2008 @ 11:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Open Imgburn (do this for all instances, but really only the one packaged with DVD Flick should do the trick) and go to Tools -> Settings and disable check for updates and try again.

donewell
_
4. March 2008 @ 12:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ LOCOENG
Is there anyway to set dvdflick to check for updates?

1 product review
_
4. March 2008 @ 12:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't see a way....there really aren't any options outside of video/audio related features.

EDIT: The beta version has added the ability to add a menu to your title, looks very basic though. A radio button has also been added beside the "about?" button which will allow you to check for updates, but the link took me to a page that doesn't appear to be online yet.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. March 2008 @ 12:51

varnull
Suspended permanently
_
4. March 2008 @ 13:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
The reason, I believe, the auto-burn with Imgburn doesn't take place is because at the end of the encoding process
when Imgburn is summoned by DVD Flick a window pops-up prompting you to upgrade to the new version.
That's what I would call a pretty serious bug :lol:
As somebody who only ever installs these programs on other peoples hardware I don't need dependency hassles so for the time being I'm installing this free burner with flick. It may solve the problem for now. http://www.deepburner.com/?r=products&pr...ortable_edition
[and it's portable, so you can take it with you]

I never trust the "one click" method.. way too many coasters and failures IMHO ;)

7 product reviews
_
4. March 2008 @ 14:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I never trust the "one click" method.. way too many coasters and failures IMHO ;)

I couldn't agree more...I always check the output for proper playback to make sure it's what the doctor had ordered... :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. March 2008 @ 14:08

corn
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
4. March 2008 @ 18:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Woah, thanks for this. I hate using ConvertXtoDVD, now I can use DVD Flick :).
blablalba
_
4. March 2008 @ 19:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Vurnell i will try your deepburner program and LOCOENG i will also try disabling the check for updates. Thanks guys ill get back to you.
blablalba
_
4. March 2008 @ 19:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
anyone have a relatively small .avi file i can use to test faster
blablalba
_
4. March 2008 @ 20:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I uninstalled ImgBurn and installed DeepBurner but when it finished encoding it opened ImgBurn itself from the DVDFLICK/IMGBURN folder and burned IN 1 CLICK!!!!!!!! YEAA, so the solution is, dont install ImgBurn.
corn
_
4. March 2008 @ 21:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
EDIT, sorry for this :(.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. March 2008 @ 21:59

blablalba
_
4. March 2008 @ 21:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No lol, i know its an amazing piece of equipment and i use it with my DVD Flick, but DVD flick wouldnt open it and use it burn untill i uninstalled it, then it opened it by itself from its DVDFLICK/IMGBURN folder in program files and burned for me.
corn
_
4. March 2008 @ 21:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ohh my bad :/
Advertisement
_
__

_

1 product review
_
5. March 2008 @ 21:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You don't really need to install Imgburn as it's included with DVD Flick.

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > dvd flick - a basic guide

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork