User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 20:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > dvd flick - a basic guide
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD Flick - A Basic Guide
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:123Next >

1 product review
_
23. August 2007 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD Flick: A Basic guide

What is DVD Flick?

Quote:
DVD Flick aims to be a simple but at the same time powerful DVD Authoring tool. It can take a number of video files stored on your computer and turn them into a DVD that will play back on your DVD player, Media Center or Home Cinema Set. You can add additional custom audio tracks as well as subtitles of your choice.

Supported file container formats are, amongst others, AVI, MPG, MOV, WMV, ASF, FLV, Matroska and MP4. Supported codecs are amongst others, MPEG-1\2\4 (XVid, DivX, etc.), Windows Media Audio\Video. MP3, OGG Vorbis, H264, and On2
VP5\6. For a full list of supported container, audio and video formats, see http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-doc.html#SEC20

DVD Flick is Open Source, meaning that anyone can download and view or modify the program's source code. It also means that it is absolutely free of charge. Several external programs are used by DVD Flick to do the dirty work like encoding and combining of video material. All of these programs are free, some are Open Source too.

If you have a question, want to read the FAQ, report a bug or tell me about your favourite pet, feel free to post in the Forums. If you want to view more information, or download older releases, please visit DVD Flick's SourceForge
project page.

If you like DVD Flick, any donations are welcome to be made through the SourceForge.net donation system. I will personally make sure to enjoy the beers so generously offered.
Where do you get it?

DVD Flick -> http://www.dvdflick.net/

Download and open the setup wizard and follow the prompts to install DVD Flick on your PC.

Open DVD Flick and choose ADD TITLE, browse to the file(s) that you want to encode and burn onto a DVD.

When the title has been imported into the queue double click it to edit general settings particular to this project. These settings are pretty straigh forward and self explanatory, but here is a breif walk through anyway.

General Settings:

Under the General settings tab you choose how you want DVD Flick to create chapter on your project as well as the aspect ratio of the film.

Video Settings:

Add more clips or remove unwanted clips under the Video Settings tab. You can also reorder clips if dealing with multiple files.

Audio Settings

Remove unwanted audio tracks here if there is more than one available.

Subtitle Settings:

Add, Edit and Remove subtitle files under the Subtitle tab.

When you are satisfied with the changes you have made to your project, click Accept.

Click the Project Settings radio button to access DVD Flick quality, audio, video and burn settings. Once altered these settings should become default. It is a good idea to go through them so that you can tweak the program the way you want it to operate.

The General settings tab:

Select the default project size you would like to use. In the drop down menu for "Target Size" there are several default options depending on what type of disc or file you are going to make. For this guide I will be encoding to a single layer DVD. I prefer a custom size of 4400MB, this will prevent me from burning too close to the edge of the DVD. In the drop down menu for target size choose "custom" and type in 4400 in the window below the drop down.

You can also choose the priority of the encoding. Encoding is very CPU intensive and therefore multitasking isn't recommended, but if you need to set the priority to a lower level so that you can preform other basic taks while DVD Flick encodes your project you can make that assertion here.

The Video tab:

Target format - for the US is NTSC and for Europe is PAL. These are the different frame rates that are found around the globe. It is important to know what is used in the region that you live in or the video produced may not be viewable on a standalone player.

Encoding profile - This is the speed setting for encoding. Faster = less accurate and slower = more accurate thus resulting in a higher quality output.

Target Bitrate - Higher bitrate = higher quality and lower bitrate = lower quality.

Click the Advanced button:

These are additional quality settings that most average users will not use. If an explanation is needed please press the blue ď" and DVD Flick will give a brief explanation on these settings.

Audio:

Here you can select a default audio track...I prefer AC3 5.1 because it is widely accepted and is downmixable on most systems to 2 channel when not viewing in stereo. Leaving this set to Auto is just fine though.

Burning:

If you use Imgburn as your favorite burning application you will want to tick "Create ISO image" and DVD Flick will create an ISO for easy burning with Imgburn. If this box is left unticked, DVD Flick will produce a VIDEO_TS folder which can be burned using Imgburn via build mode or Nero or your favorite burning application.If you want DVD Flick to automatically open Imgburn when the encoding is finished tick the "burn project to disc" box. If you prefer to burn manually leave this option unticked.

Disc Label will allow you to name your project.

Drive: Choose the drive you want DVD Flick to open when the encoding is finished. The chosen drive will need to have a blank disc inserted before encoding is finished so that the file can be burned.

If you are using RW discs tick the "Automatically erase disc if it is rewritable" option. This will erase any data that is found on the disc before writing the new files to it.

"Delete ISO image after burning" - This option will delete the ISO image when the burn is complete to save room on HDD if needed. I prefer to delete my own files in case I want to make additional copies in the future.

When you are satisfied with the settings and changes you have made click Accept.

You should now be ready to begin encoding your project, so create a destination folder and click "Create DVD".

...Sit back and wait on your nice shiney new movie to pop out of the drive. Encoding times will vay based on your settings and the speed of your system as well as some other variables such as multitasking and internet usage.

Enjoy!

Advertisement
_
__
tripplite
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
29. August 2007 @ 15:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.dvdflick.net/forums/ - Problems with dvd flick ask us!!! or check here

here is another guide (not quite good as this one though)
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

bravo LOCOENG you've inspired me to complete dvd ripping guide with pics

-tripplite

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. August 2007 @ 15:32

1 product review
_
29. August 2007 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glad you like it tripplite...excellent program, I'm glad I found it.

magnascii
_
8. October 2007 @ 00:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you very much for your generous help

1 product review
_
8. October 2007 @ 02:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You are very welcome...enjoy.

AfterDawn Addict
_
1. November 2007 @ 09:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Excellent guide LOCOENG!

My Guides--------->http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/
Newbies------------>http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/183136
Software ------->http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/software.htm

1 product review
_
1. November 2007 @ 09:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks...glad you like it.

_
18. November 2007 @ 19:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi just got dvd flick works ok a bit slow but great. the only thing I have a problem is with doing chapters, I have added 5 clips of videos that are avi format and burnes them to the disc when i go to the dvd in my stand alone player and hit the menue button there is nothing there. I can access the chapter through another way on the player but it would be nice if i could hit the menu button and go to a title page then chose my clip instead of through the info button. otherwise it is a great program.
tripplite
_
18. November 2007 @ 20:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
more recent dvd players have fixed this dilemma by making a menu for you, for instance when i burn a dvd+R i don't add a menu, the dvd player will play a corny screen that displays all my chapters for me:)

_
18. November 2007 @ 21:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks what i would like to find is a program that when I pop it in my dvd player i can hit the menue button and a page will pop up then thee will be a list of what titles are on the disc and i can chose which I want to view. in other words a episode disc of tv shows and I can chose which episode to view
tripplite
_
18. November 2007 @ 22:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
your answer would be here
minmin203
_
21. November 2007 @ 13:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
great guide thanks for the info mate!!
Norm9
_
29. November 2007 @ 22:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tripplite:
http://www.dvdflick.net/forums/ - Problems with dvd flick ask us!!! or check here

here is another guide (not quite good as this one though)
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

bravo LOCOENG you've inspired me to complete dvd ripping guide with pics

-tripplite
Can i take you up on that request? as im having a little problem here i was having a search for the problem & came here, i hope im not in trouble for double posting here, as im not really sure what's going on?

Originally posted by attar:
That looks like an 800 hour delay?
Seems to have a problem with that trailer.
Can you run that through alone to see if it really has a problem with it.
If i run through that again seperate, i'll have to disable the burn to dvd? and if so how will i be able to burn it again if its not that file thats causing the problem, i could burn it with Nero Express as normal but i dont recognise that file format when its encoded by DVD FLICK!

THANKS.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. November 2007 @ 22:15

1 product review
_
29. November 2007 @ 23:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
i could burn it with Nero Express as normal but i dont recognise that file format when its encoded by DVD FLICK!
Sounds like you have DVD Flick set up to create an ISO...you have two choices if you want to manually burn your movie.

Untick both "create ISO image" and "burn project to disc"....you will now be creating a VIDEO_TS folder which Nero should recognize, Imgburn will also burn this file in build mode. Your other option would be to leave the ISO option ticked and burn the ISO manually with Imgburn.

Your quote from attar is from another thread? Could we have a link?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. November 2007 @ 23:27

Norm9
_
2. December 2007 @ 00:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Apologies for the delay,

Quote:
Your quote from attar is from another thread? Could we have a link?
Here's the link
but its the same one i included in my post above,

Originally posted by LOCOENG:
Quote:
i could burn it with Nero Express as normal but i dont recognise that file format [ac] when its encoded by DVD FLICK!
Sounds like you have DVD Flick set up to create an ISO...you have two choices if you want to manually burn your movie.

Untick both "create ISO image" and "burn project to disc"....

I realise that after lookin at the settings for dvd flick at unticking
"create ISO image" but it still created it anyway, but it was only when i had that closer look i noticed the "delete iso image after burning" it solved that problem.

But attar noticed that it had something like a 800 hr delay on one of the files encoding?

I'll try that out & let you know the outcome, as i didnt know if the files were all encoded or not, cos it didnt reach finalize as the default size was set to 4.36GB but then i noticed the file sizes amounted to 6.4GB!?

I used Forum instead of Direct for pic not showing on imageshack, its been a while

Quote:
Imgburn will also burn this file in build mode. Your other option would be to leave the ISO option ticked and burn the ISO manually with Imgburn.
Quote:
you will now be creating a VIDEO_TS folder which Nero should recognize,
Im not too familiar with Imgburn, only when DVDFlick uses it, as i only use Nero Recode after DVD FAB, & only used Nero Express if there were any failed burns from DVD Shrink in them days!

Well im off to burn or be burned, report later :)

Thanks Locoeng, & congrats on yer modship.
flattery will get you everywhere

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. December 2007 @ 00:47

tripplite
_
2. December 2007 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
for some reason my dvd flick is generating corrupted iso's, i reinstalled it with an up-to-date version and it still wouldn't work(downloaded a fresh setup)?, i go into the directory folder containing the iso and no iso program will acknowledge the file type?

i have used recover software but still no luck?

also it happens with any video type, mp4, avi,divx any!
Norm9
_
2. December 2007 @ 19:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
= LOCOENG you will now be creating a VIDEO_TS folder which Nero should recognize,
Sadly it didnt happen this time as you'll see the pic below (strange as it worked last week!)

This might explain the 8hr delay as the timer keeps goin til you cancel the programme

But one question has popped up! As DVD FLICK can convert many files & burn them to disc, has all the files (to be converted) have to be the same format?

As that's not noted anywhere unless i missed it?

1 of the 4 titles is an FLV FILE & the rest are DIVX.

Im only mentioning this as maybe this might not have been noticed in this & the previous error log file below:

Quote:

DVD Flick error log
Error number 0 from :
*** Project info
EncodingProfile 2
ThreadCount 1
TwoPassEncode 1
OverScan 0, 2.2
*** Project sources
c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\the simpsons movie.divx
IsAVI True
TimeStamp 8/4/2007 2:20:42 AM
Stream 0 (2)
Duration 4666
StartTime 0
Compression mpeg4
BitRate 0
Index 0
608x240 25 FPS
DisplayAR 1
SourceAR 2.533333
Stream 1 (1)
Duration 4666
StartTime 0
Compression mp3
BitRate 128
Index 1
Channels 2
SampleRate 44100
Delay 0
c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\simpsons_unplugged.flv
IsAVI False
TimeStamp 11/11/2007 2:07:52 AM
Stream 0 (2)
Duration 88.6
StartTime 0
Compression flv
BitRate 0
Index 0
320x240 29.97 FPS
DisplayAR 1
SourceAR 1.333333
Stream 1 (1)
Duration 88.6
StartTime 0
Compression mp3
BitRate 8
Index 1
Channels 1
SampleRate 22050
Delay 0
c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\
the simpsons movie third trailer high-definition.divx
IsAVI True
TimeStamp 11/29/2007 4:45:09 AM
Stream 0 (2)
Duration 137.1
StartTime 0
Compression mpeg4
BitRate 0
Index 0
1280x720 30 FPS
DisplayAR 1
SourceAR 1.777778
Stream 1 (1)
Duration 137.1
StartTime 0
Compression mp3
BitRate 224
Index 1
Channels 2
SampleRate 44100
Delay 0
the simpsons movie trailer hq.divx
IsAVI True
TimeStamp 11/29/2007 5:23:34 AM
Stream 0 (2)
Duration 86.2
StartTime 0
Compression mpeg4
BitRate 0
Index 0
640x268 23.98 FPS
DisplayAR 1
SourceAR 2.38806
Stream 1 (1)
Duration 86.2
StartTime 0
Compression mp3
BitRate 128
Index 1
Channels 2
SampleRate 44100
Delay 48000000
*** dvdflick.log
6:03:35 AM: DVD Flick 1.2.2.0 beta build 439
6:03:35 AM: Calculating stream sizes...
6:03:35 AM: Disc space used : 4360523 KB
6:03:35 AM: Average bitrate : 6422 Kbit/s
6:03:35 AM: Total duration : 1:22:58 hours
6:03:35 AM: 4 title(s).
6:03:35 AM: Using Normal encoding profile.
6:03:35 AM: Two pass video encoding.
6:03:35 AM: Encoding to pal-dvd
6:03:35 AM: Encoding video...
6:03:35 AM: Title 0, source 0
6:03:35 AM: Source
: c:\program files\divx\movies\the

simpsons movie\the simpsons movie trailer hq.divx
6:03:35 AM: Properties : 640x268, 2.39:1, 23.98 FPS,

mpeg4, 86.2 seconds
6:03:35 AM: Target BitRate : 6422 Kbit\s
6:03:35 AM: Pass 1...
6:03:35 AM: Recompressing
6:03:35 AM: C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\ffmpeg.exe
-i "c:\program files\divx\movies\
the simpsons movie\the simpsons movie trailer hq.divx"

-s 720x428 -padtop 74 -padbottom 74 -r 25 -g 15 -vcodec mpeg2video -bufsize 1835008 -packetsize 2048 -muxrate 10080000 -aspect 16:9

-minrate 6422k -maxrate 6422k -b 6422k -preme 1
-precmp 2 -subcmp 8 -mbcmp 8 -cmp 1 -mbd 1 -rmethod lanczos -sc_threshold -9000 -bf 1 -pass 1 -passlogfile

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New

Folder\ffmpegencode" -an -threads 1
-fflags genpts -strict 2 -f mpeg2video
"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\0.0.m2v" -map 0:0
6:05:12 AM: Pass 2...
6:05:12 AM: Recompressing
6:05:12 AM: C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\ffmpeg.exe -i

"c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\the simpsons movie

trailer hq.divx"
-s 720x428 -padtop 74 -padbottom 74 -r 25 -g 15 -vcodec mpeg2video

-bufsize 1835008 -packetsize 2048 -muxrate 10080000 -aspect 16:9

-minrate 6422k -maxrate 6422k -b 6422k -preme 1 -precmp 2 -subcmp 8

-mbcmp 8 -cmp 1 -mbd 1 -rmethod lanczos -sc_threshold -9000 -bf 1

-pass 2 -passlogfile

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\ffmpegencode"

-an -threads 1 -fflags genpts -strict 2 -f mpeg2video

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\0.0.m2v" -map 0:0

6:06:42 AM: Title 1, source 0
6:06:42 AM:
Source

: c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\

6:06:42 AM: Properties : 1280x720, Widescreen (16:9), 30 FPS, mpeg4, 137.1 seconds
6:06:42 AM: Target BitRate : 6422 Kbit\s
6:06:42 AM: Pass 1...
6:06:42 AM: Recompressing
6:06:42 AM:
C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\ffmpeg.exe -i

"c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\

the simpsons movie third trailer high-definition.divx"

-s 720x576 -r 25 -g 15 -vcodec mpeg2video -bufsize 1835008 -packetsize

2048 -muxrate 10080000 -aspect 16:9 -minrate 6422k -maxrate 6422k -b

6422k -preme 1 -precmp 2 -subcmp 8 -mbcmp 8 -cmp 1 -mbd 1 -rmethod

lanczos -sc_threshold -9000 -bf 1 -pass 1 -passlogfile

Folder\ffmpegencode"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\1.0.m2v"

-map 0:0

6:10:34 AM: Pass 2...
6:10:34 AM: Recompressing
6:10:34 AM: C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\ffmpeg.exe -i

the simpsons movie third trailer high-definition.divx"

2048 -muxrate 10080000 -aspect 16:9 -minrate 6422k -maxrate 6422k -b

6422k -preme 1 -precmp 2 -subcmp 8 -mbcmp 8 -cmp 1 -mbd 1

-rmethod lanczos -sc_threshold -9000 -bf 1 -pass 2 -passlogfile "C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New

Folder\ffmpegencode"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\1.0.m2v"

6:13:50 AM: Title 2, source 0
6:13:50 AM:

Source

the simpsons movie.divx

6:13:50 AM: Properties : 608x240, 2.53:1, 25 FPS, mpeg4, 4666 seconds
6:13:50 AM: Target BitRate : 6422 Kbit\s
6:13:50 AM: Pass 1...
6:13:50 AM: Recompressing
6:13:50 AM: C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\ffmpeg.exe

-i "c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\

the simpsons movie.divx"

-s 720x404 -padtop 86 -padbottom 86 -r 25 -g 15 -vcodec mpeg2video

-bufsize 1835008 -packetsize 2048 -muxrate 10080000 -aspect 16:9 -minrate

6422k -maxrate 6422k -b 6422k -preme 1 -precmp 2 -subcmp 8 -mbcmp 8

-cmp 1 -mbd 1 -rmethod lanczos -sc_threshold -9000 -bf 1 -pass 1 -passlogfile

Folder\ffmpegencode"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\

New Folder\2.0.m2v" -map 0:0

7:33:56 AM: Pass 2...
7:33:56 AM: Recompressing
7:33:56 AM:

the simpsons movie.divx"

-s 720x404 -padtop 86 -padbottom 86 -r 25 -g 15 -vcodec mpeg2video

-bufsize 1835008 -packetsize 2048 -muxrate 10080000 -aspect 16:9

-mbcmp 8 -cmp 1 -mbd 1 -rmethod lanczos -sc_threshold -9000 -bf 1

-pass 2 -passlogfile

Folder\ffmpegencode"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\2.0.m2v"

8:52:02 AM: Title 3, source 0
8:52:02 AM:

Source : c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons

movie\simpsons_unplugged.flv

8:52:02 AM: Properties : 320x240, Normal (4:3), 29.97 FPS,

flv, 88.6 seconds

8:52:02 AM: Target BitRate : 6422 Kbit\s
8:52:02 AM: Pass 1...
8:52:02 AM: Recompressing
8:52:02 AM: C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\ffmpeg.exe -i "c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons

movie\simpsons_unplugged.flv"

-s 720x576 -r 25 -g 15 -vcodec mpeg2video

-bufsize 1835008 -packetsize 2048 -muxrate 10080000 -aspect 4:3

-mbcmp 8 -cmp 1 -mbd 1 -rmethod lanczos -sc_threshold -9000 -bf 1 -pass 1 -passlogfile

Folder\ffmpegencode"

New Folder\3.0.m2v" -map 0:0

8:53:37 AM: Pass 2...
8:53:37 AM: Recompressing
8:53:37 AM: C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\ffmpeg.exe -i

"c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\simpsons_unplugged.flv"

2048 -muxrate 10080000 -aspect 4:3 -minrate 6422k -maxrate 6422k -b

6422k -preme 1 -precmp 2 -subcmp 8 -mbcmp 8 -cmp 1 -mbd 1 -rmethod

lanczos -sc_threshold -9000 -bf 1 -pass 2 -passlogfile

Folder\ffmpegencode"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\3.0.m2v"

8:55:07 AM: Combining video sources...
8:55:07 AM: Concatenating videos...
8:55:07 AM: Title 0
8:55:07 AM: Title 1
8:55:07 AM: Title 2
8:55:07 AM: Title 3
8:55:07 AM: Encoding audio...
8:55:07 AM: Title 0, track 0, source 0 of 0
8:55:07 AM:
Source : c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\

the simpsons movie trailer hq.divx

8:55:07 AM: Properties : 2 channels, 44100 Hz, mp3, 86.2 seconds
8:55:07 AM: Recompressing to 448 Kbit\s with 6 channel(s)

8:55:07 AM:

-i "c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\the simpsons movie trailer hq.divx"

-ab 448k -ac 6 -acodec ac3 -ar 48000 -threads 1 -i

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\0.0.m2v"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\0.0.0.ac3"

-map 0:1:1:0
8:55:20 AM: Fixing delay of 48000000 ms
8:55:20 AM: -start 48000000

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\0.0.0.ac3"

8:58:18 AM: Title 1, track 0, source 0 of 0
8:58:18 AM: Source \:

8:58:18 AM: Properties : 2 channels, 44100 Hz, mp3, 137.1 seconds
8:58:18 AM: Recompressing to 448 Kbit\s with 6 channel(s)

8:58:18 AM: -i "c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons

movie\the simpsons movie third trailer high-definition.divx"

New Folder\1.0.m2v"

New Folder\1.0.0.ac3" -map 0:1:1:0

8:58:47 AM: Title 2, track 0, source 0 of 0

8:58:47 AM: Source

the simpsons movie.divx

8:58:47 AM: Properties : 2 channels, 44100 Hz, mp3, 4666 seconds
8:58:47 AM: Recompressing to 448 Kbit\s with 6 channel(s)
8:58:47 AM: -i

the simpsons movie.divx"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\2.0.m2v"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\2.0.0.ac3" -map 0:1:1:0

9:09:36 AM: Title 3, track 0, source 0 of 0
9:09:36 AM:
Source : c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\simpsons_unplugged.flv

9:09:36 AM: Properties : 1 channels, 22050 Hz, mp3, 88.6 seconds
9:09:36 AM: Recompressing to 448 Kbit\s with 6 channel(s)
9:09:36 AM: -i "c:\program files\divx\movies\

the simpsons movie\simpsons_unplugged.flv"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\3.0.0.ac3"

*** 0.0.0_log.txt
[Input info]
Bitrate=448
Actual rate=448.000000
Sampling Frec=48000
TotalFrames=2694
Bytesperframe=1792.0000
Filesize=4827648
FrameDuration= 32.0000
Framespersecond= 31.2500
Duration=00:01:26.208
Channels mode=3/2: L+C+R+SL+SR
LFE=LFE: Present
[Target info]
StartFrame=-1500000
EndFrame=2693
NotFixedDelay= 0.0000
Duration=13:21:26.208
====== PROCESSING LOG ======================
Number of written frames = 1502694
Number of Errors= 0

*** ffmpeg_audio_title0_track0_source0.txt
448.0kbits/s
size= 1593kB time=29.1 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 1740kB time=31.8 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 1908kB time=34.9 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 2091kB time=38.2 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 2291kB time=41.9 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 2487kB time=45.5 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 2643kB time=48.3 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 2823kB time=51.6 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 3022kB time=55.3 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 3210kB time=58.7 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 3400kB time=62.2 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 3570kB time=65.3 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 3757kB time=68.7 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 3950kB time=72.2 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 4151kB time=75.9 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 4347kB time=79.5 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 4548kB time=83.2 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 4715kB time=86.2 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s

video:0kB audio:4715kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

*** ffmpeg_audio_title1_track0_source0.txt
backstep 649
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
size= 7137kB time=130.5 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
invalid new backstep 646
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
invalid new backstep 696
invalid new backstep 695
size= 7294kB time=133.4 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 7462kB time=136.4 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
invalid new backstep 695
size= 7499kB time=137.1 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s

video:0kB audio:7499kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

*** ffmpeg_audio_title2_track0_source0.txt
=4608.2 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 252198kB time=4611.6 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 252401kB time=4615.3 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 252586kB time=4618.7 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 252793kB time=4622.5 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 252984kB time=4626.0 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 253187kB time=4629.7 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 253372kB time=4633.1 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 253570kB time=4636.7 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 253764kB time=4640.3 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 253964kB time=4643.9 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 254163kB time=4647.6 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 254364kB time=4651.2 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 254555kB time=4654.7 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 254758kB time=4658.4 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 254947kB time=4661.9 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 255155kB time=4665.7 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
size= 255173kB time=4666.0 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s

video:0kB audio:255173kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

*** ffmpeg_audio_title3_track0_source0.txt

"c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons

movie\simpsons_unplugged.flv"

"C:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\The Simpsons Movie\New Folder\3.0.0.ac3"

*** ffmpeg_video_title0_source0_pass0.txt

19.4kbits/s
frame= 1961 fps= 22 q=2.0 size= 61405kB time=78.4 bitrate=6419.4kbits/s
frame= 1976 fps= 22 q=2.5 size= 61875kB time=79.0 bitrate=6419.4kbits/s
frame= 1992 fps= 22 q=2.5 size= 62377kB time=79.6 bitrate=6419.5kbits/s
frame= 2007 fps= 22 q=2.0 size= 62847kB time=80.2 bitrate=6419.5kbits/s
frame= 2024 fps= 22 q=2.5 size= 63380kB time=80.9 bitrate=6419.5kbits/s
frame= 2044 fps= 22 q=2.5 size= 64007kB time=81.7 bitrate=6419.5kbits/s
frame= 2062 fps= 22 q=2.5 size= 64572kB time=82.4 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2082 fps= 22 q=2.5 size= 65199kB time=83.2 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2100 fps= 22 q=2.5 size= 65763kB time=83.9 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2120 fps= 22 q=2.5 size= 66390kB time=84.7 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2138 fps= 22 q=2.5 size= 66955kB time=85.4 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2149 fps= 22 q=2.5 Lsize= 67331kB time=85.9 bitrate=6419.7kbits/s

video:63974kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 5.247112%

*** ffmpeg_video_title0_source0_pass1.txt
25.3kbits/s
frame= 1964 fps= 23 q=3.8 size= 61555kB time=78.5 bitrate=6425.3kbits/s
frame= 1980 fps= 23 q=3.4 size= 62056kB time=79.1 bitrate=6425.2kbits/s
frame= 1995 fps= 23 q=2.4 size= 62527kB time=79.7 bitrate=6425.2kbits/s
frame= 2011 fps= 23 q=2.4 size= 63028kB time=80.4 bitrate=6425.2kbits/s
frame= 2029 fps= 23 q=1.9 size= 63593kB time=81.1 bitrate=6425.2kbits/s
frame= 2048 fps= 24 q=3.6 size= 64189kB time=81.8 bitrate=6425.1kbits/s
frame= 2066 fps= 24 q=3.6 size= 64753kB time=82.6 bitrate=6425.1kbits/s
frame= 2086 fps= 24 q=3.6 size= 65380kB time=83.4 bitrate=6425.1kbits/s
frame= 2104 fps= 24 q=3.6 size= 65945kB time=84.1 bitrate=6425.1kbits/s
frame= 2123 fps= 24 q=2.4 size= 66540kB time=84.8 bitrate=6425.0kbits/s
frame= 2140 fps= 24 q=3.6 size= 67074kB time=85.5 bitrate=6425.0kbits/s
frame= 2149 fps= 24 q=3.6 Lsize= 67387kB time=85.9 bitrate=6425.0kbits/s

video:64052kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 5.207151%

*** ffmpeg_video_title1_source0_pass0.txt

frame= 3309 fps= 15 q=2.0 size= 103674kB time=132.3 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3320 fps= 15 q=2.5 size= 104019kB time=132.7 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3330 fps= 15 q=2.5 size= 104333kB time=133.1 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3338 fps= 15 q=5.6 size= 104584kB time=133.4 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3348 fps= 15 q=2.5 size= 104897kB time=133.8 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3361 fps= 15 q=2.0 size= 105305kB time=134.4 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3372 fps= 15 q=2.5 size= 105650kB time=134.8 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3384 fps= 15 q=2.5 size= 106026kB time=135.3 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3396 fps= 15 q=2.5 size= 106402kB time=135.8 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3408 fps= 15 q=2.5 size= 106779kB time=136.2 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3422 fps= 15 q=2.5 size= 107218kB time=136.8 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s
frame= 3430 fps= 15 q=2.0 Lsize= 107500kB time=137.2 bitrate=6420.5kbits/s

video:107500kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

*** ffmpeg_video_title1_source0_pass1.txt

frame= 3307 fps= 17 q=2.4 size= 103668kB time=132.2 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3317 fps= 17 q=1.9 size= 103981kB time=132.6 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3328 fps= 17 q=3.6 size= 104326kB time=133.0 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3337 fps= 17 q=2.1 size= 104608kB time=133.4 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3347 fps= 18 q=2.4 size= 104922kB time=133.8 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3359 fps= 18 q=1.9 size= 105309kB time=134.3 bitrate=6424.6kbits/s
frame= 3371 fps= 18 q=2.4 size= 105675kB time=134.8 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3383 fps= 18 q=2.4 size= 106051kB time=135.2 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3396 fps= 18 q=3.6 size= 106458kB time=135.8 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3407 fps= 18 q=1.9 size= 106803kB time=136.2 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3420 fps= 18 q=3.6 size= 107211kB time=136.7 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s
frame= 3430 fps= 18 q=2.6 Lsize= 107556kB time=137.2 bitrate=6423.9kbits/s

video:107556kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

*** ffmpeg_video_title2_source0_pass0.txt
=2.0 size= 3653209kB time=4660.1 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116518 fps= 24 q=2.5 size= 3653617kB time=4660.6 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116530 fps= 24 q=2.5 size= 3653993kB time=4661.1 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116544 fps= 24 q=2.5 size= 3654432kB time=4661.7 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116558 fps= 24 q=2.5 size= 3654871kB time=4662.2 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116572 fps= 24 q=2.5 size= 3655310kB time=4662.8 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116585 fps= 24 q=2.0 size= 3655718kB time=4663.3 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116600 fps= 24 q=2.5 size= 3656188kB time=4663.9 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116614 fps= 24 q=2.5 size= 3656627kB time=4664.5 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116629 fps= 24 q=1.6 size= 3657097kB time=4665.1 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116643 fps= 24 q=1.6 size= 3657536kB time=4665.6 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s
frame=116652 fps= 24 q=1.6 Lsize= 3657850kB time=4666.0 bitrate=6422.0kbits/s

video:3657850kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

*** ffmpeg_video_title2_source0_pass1.txt
=3.6 size= 3652983kB time=4659.8 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116507 fps= 25 q=2.4 size= 3653328kB time=4660.2 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116520 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 3653735kB time=4660.7 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116534 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 3654174kB time=4661.3 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116551 fps= 25 q=2.4 size= 3654708kB time=4662.0 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116565 fps= 25 q=2.4 size= 3655147kB time=4662.5 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116580 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 3655617kB time=4663.1 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116594 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 3656056kB time=4663.7 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116610 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 3656558kB time=4664.3 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116628 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 3657122kB time=4665.0 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116646 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 3657686kB time=4665.8 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s
frame=116652 fps= 25 q=2.1 Lsize= 3657906kB time=4666.0 bitrate=6422.1kbits/s

video:3657906kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

*** ffmpeg_video_title3_source0_pass0.txt
19.5kbits/s
frame= 2070 fps= 23 q=2.5 size= 64823kB time=82.7 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2083 fps= 23 q=2.0 size= 65230kB time=83.2 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2096 fps= 23 q=2.5 size= 65638kB time=83.8 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2108 fps= 23 q=2.5 size= 66014kB time=84.2 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2120 fps= 23 q=2.5 size= 66390kB time=84.7 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2130 fps= 23 q=2.5 size= 66704kB time=85.1 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2139 fps= 23 q=2.0 size= 66986kB time=85.5 bitrate=6419.6kbits/s
frame= 2157 fps= 23 q=2.0 size= 67551kB time=86.2 bitrate=6419.7kbits/s
frame= 2175 fps= 24 q=2.0 size= 68115kB time=86.9 bitrate=6419.7kbits/s
frame= 2194 fps= 24 q=2.5 size= 68711kB time=87.7 bitrate=6419.7kbits/s
frame= 2212 fps= 24 q=2.5 size= 69275kB time=88.4 bitrate=6419.7kbits/s
frame= 2219 fps= 24 q=2.5 Lsize= 69526kB time=88.7 bitrate=6419.7kbits/s

video:69526kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

*** ffmpeg_video_title3_source0_pass1.txt
25.8kbits/s
frame= 2064 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 64690kB time=82.5 bitrate=6425.1kbits/s
frame= 2077 fps= 25 q=2.4 size= 65098kB time=83.0 bitrate=6425.1kbits/s
frame= 2091 fps= 25 q=2.4 size= 65537kB time=83.6 bitrate=6425.1kbits/s
frame= 2103 fps= 25 q=2.4 size= 65913kB time=84.0 bitrate=6425.1kbits/s
frame= 2116 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 66321kB time=84.6 bitrate=6425.0kbits/s
frame= 2128 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 66697kB time=85.0 bitrate=6425.0kbits/s
frame= 2136 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 66948kB time=85.4 bitrate=6425.0kbits/s
frame= 2150 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 67387kB time=85.9 bitrate=6425.0kbits/s
frame= 2168 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 67952kB time=86.6 bitrate=6425.0kbits/s
frame= 2189 fps= 25 q=1.9 size= 68610kB time=87.5 bitrate=6424.9kbits/s
frame= 2206 fps= 25 q=3.6 size= 69143kB time=88.2 bitrate=6424.9kbits/s
frame= 2219 fps= 25 q=3.6 Lsize= 69582kB time=88.7 bitrate=6424.9kbits/s

video:69582kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

*** Project destination folder
0.0.0.ac3 2692827648 VLC media file (.ac3)
0.0.0_log.txt 457 Text Document
0.0.m2v 69004390 VLC media file (.m2v)
1.0.0.ac3 7678720 VLC media file (.ac3)
1.0.m2v 110137300 VLC media file (.m2v)
2.0.0.ac3 261296896 VLC media file (.ac3)
2.0.m2v 3745695720 VLC media file (.m2v)
3.0.0.ac3 0 VLC media file (.ac3)
3.0.m2v 71252090 VLC media file (.m2v)
dvdflick.log 9991 Text Document
errorlog.txt 13322 Text Document
ffmpegencode-0.log 303949 Text Document
ffmpeg_audio_title0_track0_source0.txt 3397 Text Document
ffmpeg_audio_title1_track0_source0.txt 13724 Text Document
ffmpeg_audio_title2_track0_source0.txt 71483 Text Document
ffmpeg_audio_title3_track0_source0.txt 319 Text Document
ffmpeg_video_title0_source0_pass0.txt 16516 Text Document
ffmpeg_video_title0_source0_pass1.txt 15779 Text Document
ffmpeg_video_title1_source0_pass0.txt 35672 Text Document
ffmpeg_video_title1_source0_pass1.txt 31175 Text Document
ffmpeg_video_title2_source0_pass0.txt 748672 Text Document
ffmpeg_video_title2_source0_pass1.txt 727957 Text Document
ffmpeg_video_title3_source0_pass0.txt 16166 Text Document
ffmpeg_video_title3_source0_pass1.txt 15665 Text Document
*** Drives
A - not ready
C - HP_PAVILION
DriveType 2
FileSystem NTFS
AvailableSpace 9466
FreeSpace 9466
TotalSize 95393
D - not ready
E - not ready
G - not ready

Im gonna convert that FLV file & convert them all later, when i get the time, will post later.

But if anyone has come across something like that, please do post.

Thanks.

Hopefully thats a better job of editing this post, sorry bout that.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. December 2007 @ 22:39

varnull
Suspended permanently
_
2. December 2007 @ 21:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It looks to me that there is something very wrong with the audio interleave in this file

6:06:42 AM: Source : c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\the simpsons movie third trailer high-definition.divx

that's what all the backspace errors are about... also there is a failure to fix an audio delay of 48000000ms with the same file...
(to me that says that the first or last audio frame is missing.. not sure how you would go about repairing that)
Does it play in any media players?

From what I can see in the ffmpeg log dvd-flick doesn't care too much about media input format,
though the issues with the particular file may be the 1280 x whatever it was overloading the encoder.

Have a look at ffmpeg in more detail.. maybe you can set up flick to use mencoder?

you can check files for errors with ffmpeg too...

Using this command line:
ffmpeg -i yourfile.avi -vcodec huffyuv -acodec pcm_u8 -f avi NUL (/dev/null on *nix)

You'll see things like
invalid new backstep 513 63245kB time=23.3 bitrate=22217.1kbits/s
invalid new backstep 513
overread, skip -5 enddists: -1 -1 time=28.4 bitrate=22249.9kbits/s
invalid new backstep 516 166904kB time=61.8 bitrate=22124.3kbits/s
if the mp3 audio is corrupt, or
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]slice end not reached but screenspace end (1219 left 4BB6EE, score= -829)
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]concealing 475 DC, 475 AC, 475 MV errors
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]slice end not reached but screenspace end (17 left E9EFB5, score= -828)
or
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]ac-tex damaged at 21 17
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]Error at MB: 463
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]marker does not match f_code
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]ac-tex damaged at 10 2.6 bitrate=28286.8kbits/s
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]Error at MB: 62
if it's mpeg-4 video that's corrupt.
Lots of variations on what can go wrong. If you want an error-concealed version,
you can keep the output instead of dumping it to nul.

It's surprisingly difficult to really visibly damage video, without dumping tens of bytes of junk into the file. ffmpeg has very good error concealment.

BTW.. I still believe comments on the end of guides should be restricted to edits/suggestions about the guide.
Not any other general "help I'm getting random errors with the program" questions..
They should go in a separate thread rather than cluttering up the user guides section.

oh.. and can somebody please fix the width of this page?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. December 2007 @ 21:52

Norm9
_
2. December 2007 @ 22:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by varnull:
It looks to me that there is something very wrong with the audio interleave in this file

6:06:42 AM: Source : c:\program files\divx\movies\the simpsons movie\the simpsons movie third trailer high-definition.divx

that's what all the backspace errors are about... also there is a failure to fix an audio delay of 48000000ms with the same file...
(to me that says that the first or last audio frame is missing.. not sure how you would go about repairing that)

From what I can see in the ffmpeg log dvd-flick doesn't care too much about media input format,
though the issues with the particular file may be the 1280 x whatever it was overloading the encoder.

Have a look at ffmpeg in more detail.. maybe you can set up flick to use mencoder?

you can check files for errors with ffmpeg too...
Quote:
Does it play in any media players?

Yeah they all play in the VLC PLAYER,

Quote:
Using this command line:
ffmpeg -i yourfile.avi -vcodec huffyuv -acodec pcm_u8 -f avi NUL (/dev/null on *nix)

You'll see things like
invalid new backstep 513 63245kB time=23.3 bitrate=22217.1kbits/s
invalid new backstep 513
overread, skip -5 enddists: -1 -1 time=28.4 bitrate=22249.9kbits/s
invalid new backstep 516 166904kB time=61.8 bitrate=22124.3kbits/s
if the mp3 audio is corrupt, or
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]slice end not reached but screenspace end (1219 left 4BB6EE, score= -829)
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]slice end not reached but screenspace end (17 left E9EFB5, score= -828)
or
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]ac-tex damaged at 21 17
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]Error at MB: 463
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]ac-tex damaged at 10 2.6 bitrate=28286.8kbits/s
[mpeg4 @ 008F9D60]Error at MB: 62
if it's mpeg-4 video that's corrupt.
Lots of variations on what can go wrong. If you want an error-concealed version,
you can keep the output instead of dumping it to nul.
I've never really meddled with command lines in case i mess it up, so i'd be lost there!

It's surprisingly difficult to really visibly damage video, without dumping tens of bytes of junk into the file. ffmpeg has very good error concealment.

Quote:
BTW.. I still believe comments on the end of guides should be restricted to edits/suggestions about the guide.
Not any other general "help I'm getting random errors with the program" questions..
They should go in a separate thread rather than cluttering up the user guides section.
Sorry bout that, as i searched for dvd flick and came here, but if the mods want to move it feel free,

Quote:
oh.. and can somebody please fix the width of this page?

I've tried to edit the post as much as possible to change the width, as i didnt realise that would happen?
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
2. December 2007 @ 23:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi.. have a play with ffmpeg and that file.. try the command line I posted and see what output you get..
maybe even dump the result somewhere instead of NULL and try running it through flick again on it's own ;-)
ffmpeg is pretty well behaved from the command line, it doesn't mess with any system related things.

comments at the end were not directed at you.. heh heh heh.. I know loco very well, we are admins on another site,
and the bit about the new thread for questions about the program/software use rather than the guide itself is a suggestion I have been hammering for a good long time.

Also the width.. I'm sure our friendly mod who made the guide can sort it out..
it's the dots
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. December 2007 @ 00:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can someone fix the margains on this page ? its way off

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
_
7. December 2007 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
fixed :)

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. December 2007 @ 01:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks Karen it was hard to read the post

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
_
8. December 2007 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not a problem :)

I noticed it when I was getting ready to link someone to this guide. The scroll bar seem to go on forever :)

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...
Advertisement
_
__

_
blablalba
_
2. March 2008 @ 22:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When i click both burn project to disc and the create iso thingy it will open my IMG burn but it wont burn it. It will say "Update to a later version of Img Burn?" (I already have latest version 2.4.0.0) and ill have to click No, then build in IMG burn and then Write. I want this to all be done for me automatically when i click Create DVD in DVD flick. Any suggestions, Thanks

Page:123Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > dvd flick - a basic guide

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork