User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 01:12
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > full guide to gamecube backup/booting
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Full Guide to Gamecube Backup/Booting
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Fix_Metal
_
23. December 2003 @ 12:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now I get an error whene I reach 1464Kbytes...It says that I should try again without the internet connection alive. I've already tried that, but it keeps with the error....
A "Internal socket error" o_O?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. December 2003 @ 12:11

Advertisement
_
__
Icemonkey
_
23. December 2003 @ 12:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How do you have your network setup on the PC? What cabling are you using? Are you going through a switch or router? What TCP/IP settings are you using and which OS?

PS2 - v8
Mod - Magic V
Burner - CenDyne (Pioneer) DVR-A05
Media - Anything Cheap

Gamecube w/Broadband Adapter
Phantasy Star Online
Animal Crossing Loader v1.4
Phantasy Star Uploader v1.1
Gamecube ISO Ripping Server v1.0.0.29
tresselw
_
23. December 2003 @ 13:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Belkin 4 port router that I will be connecting the Gamecube to, but everytime I try changing the pc's ip addy, it disconnects my ethernet. Can someone offer me some advice on how to appropriately set up the pc's IP? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Fix_Metal
_
23. December 2003 @ 13:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well I've got win98SE with all the patches\damn fixes.
My network adapter is a Via VT6105 Rhine III by Gigabyte. I use a double-shielded crossed cable without any router/hubs;it supports Gigabit ethernet and it has done his job very well until today.
The Ip address assigned to the network adapter is:
Subnet mask:

The GC side:
IP:192.168.1.32
Subnet mask:
Default router:
Primary DNS:
Secondary DNS:
<empty>

account
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. December 2003 @ 14:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the info i got on moding a gc isn't that good and im not sure what i need to send for those who want it so i'll send everything i got for it
Zigma777
_
23. December 2003 @ 15:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do i need phantasy Star online to steam the games? I already bought a action replay for my gamecube.
account
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. December 2003 @ 19:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes you do need the game
Zigma777
_
23. December 2003 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
damn, i bought that action replay for GC for nothing. Hopefully there will be a way for ISOs to come out soon. IO guess nintendo has done a superb job with their cd protection. There isnt such a thing as a swap trick or something ;x
tora123
_
25. December 2003 @ 22:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's another set of questions: is PSO the only
broadband-enabled game you can use to establish a
connection with your computer? Could you use MK:
Double Dash, for instance?

And a second, perhaps for anyone else listening in: is
disc ripping/streaming only for windoze at this point in
time? For Mac/Linux it seems only PSOload has been
ported...which doesn't actually appear to be part of the
process were interested in here...so are Mac/Linux users
out of luck?

There's always the option of running a virtual windoze
machine on top of the OS, but I wonder if that might
compound the stream speed issues to make the end
result unplayable.

And the third: Supposing another broadband-enabled
game can stand in place of PSO, is this where you
invision the 10MB/sec barrier being removed? What was
the improvement you suspected before Christmas, an
adapter mod or a non-Sega onramp or...?

At any rate, thanks for the comprehensive rundown
earlier this month. Awesome deal.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. December 2003 @ 21:39

Fix_Metal
_
26. December 2003 @ 00:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can't say nothing about the first two questions, but the serial port where the bba il plugged in, is limited to a 27mbps data rate. So you can't in all the way make it to 100mbps. This is what has been discovered by some guys @ gcdev.com

bye
_
26. December 2003 @ 03:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have went and looked at a document on burning a gamecube game and I know it is probably fake but if someone could look at it and tell me I would appreciate it.

1) Insert your original in your CD-ROM.
2) Open CDRWin (or any other image extractor) to make an iso image of the game
on your hard disc. Click on 'Extract Disc/Tracks/Sectors'
3) Here are the settings that work for me (!):
Disc Image/Cue sheet
File-Format: Automatic
Reading-Options:
RAW, CD+G, CD-TEXT and MCN/USRC all Unchecked
Error Recovery: Ignore
Jitter Correction: Auto
Subcode Analyses: Fixed
Data-Speed: MAX
Read Retry Count: 10
Audio Speed: MAX
Subcode Threshold: 900
There are a lot of reports, that Raw reading also works, but I had problems with it enabled.
4) Click on 'Start'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECORDING TO A DISC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Install Fireburner

2) Double click on the Cue File For The Game
3) Right Click And select burn To CD
That?s all there is record DAO, and you can try to burn it fast I burnt them at 2X
Using PNY Black Diamond CDR'

It looks like it could burn it but still there is no way of booting it so this is really just a waste of time posting what I found huh.Maybe the Action Replay for GameCube could work though if someone has Action Replay or Freeloader it might work but doubt it.Whoever wants to try it out,it is really up to them but don't try to blame me if it doesn't work.It looks fake but I had to go look I really do want to find out how to make a backup of a gamecube game and play it without upstreaming.
Fix_Metal
_
26. December 2003 @ 04:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well as your "tutorial" says,you must put your game in your dvd drive, is this right? with me it stucks my pc. I've tried with 2 dvd-rom drives, so this can't be other than a fake
shank69ox
_
26. December 2003 @ 09:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Icemonkey >>>

What games do you have working okay. Does Viewtiful Joe work good for you. I would like to know. I cant get anything to run even half decent.

PS2 w/Messiah Pro2
PS2 v7 & v5 w/Swap Magic 2.0 & No-SolderPNP
XBOX X2.2 Pro 200GB w/X2 4978.03&Complex4627 BIOS
XBOX Apple X3 160GB HD w/EvoX M7 BIOS
XBOX TSOP Flash w/X2 4977 BIOS
_
26. December 2003 @ 11:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The way to making a Iso you have to use the bba upstream it to your computer.What if you didn't wipe out all the garbage on the game and then burned it is it possible then.I am thinking couldn't there be something hidden in one of those garbage files or is it really just garbage.I went and looked at something also that might help out a Sector viewer that might help out right.I seen it off of http://www.internalreality.com along with XBox tools.I have found a full iso file like account has said it is 1.4 gig something like that alot of gamecube games that are upstreamed are .gcm files right?what if you skipped all of the steps of ripping and just burned it to a mini-dvd.Then tried booting it with Action Replay or Freeloader.Is it possible to get a game to play doing these steps.
Fix_Metal
_
26. December 2003 @ 11:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've tried with dog tool and with gamecube iso tool. with the first one, it gives me a runtime error (216). with the second one it stucks at 1464kb. TELL ME HOW TO DUMP THIS DAMN MINI DVD I WANT TO TRY IT!!!!!!!
shank69ox
_
26. December 2003 @ 12:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Fix_Metal >>

It is probably your network connection. When I started this, I was usind a Crossover cable. I got those exact same erors all the time. So I switched to a 10/100 switch and now I have never seen those errors again. MAybe this might help you.

PS2 w/Messiah Pro2
PS2 v7 & v5 w/Swap Magic 2.0 & No-SolderPNP
XBOX X2.2 Pro 200GB w/X2 4978.03&Complex4627 BIOS
XBOX Apple X3 160GB HD w/EvoX M7 BIOS
XBOX TSOP Flash w/X2 4977 BIOS
Zigma777
_
27. December 2003 @ 06:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is breaking up the DVD ISO into multiple files mini CDR's keeping the game root etc and just spliting up or even creating dummy audio files (example ripping the music) able to work? What i've heard is that it does not read regular CDRs
Fix_Metal
_
27. December 2003 @ 10:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
damn I can't get nothing without the hardware flow control enabled...neither with 10baseT half duplex on (without auto-negotiation) :( help me...
_
27. December 2003 @ 15:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It reads mini-dvds the gamecube does.The actual bar code on it though makes it where it is impossible to make a backup.
Civilian
_
29. December 2003 @ 20:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Has anyone had problems using the Animal Crossing loader over 802.11G? PSUL1.1 and PSOLoader 2.0 work great and have never failed to upload the Loader. It seems to be only when there is a sustained upload. I have tried Delay's as high as 250 and a frequency as low as 8 and it still bombs randomly. I have also tried the new GC Disc Server 1.3.0 Beta, but I have the same problem (much slower too).

I have only tried two games, Hobbit (GCM) and Mario Cart (ISO), both with option 'B' in Animal Crossing. 'A' bombs after hitting Start....

Any help would be appreciated.
Pharcyde
_
29. December 2003 @ 20:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use newsgroups and Gamecube ISO's show up in it all the time.

alt.binaries.cd.image.gamecube

I believe they are legit and there is a way to use mini-dvds..because there are constant requests for games.. and at the moment I am reading a request that states.. "Please Upload F-Zero GX Fix *NTSC MINIDVD* "

Anyone willing to do the full research?
Pharcyde
_
29. December 2003 @ 20:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have furthered my research and something MUST be going on as there are now MANY groups and MANY ISO's being created for the gamecube.

http://www.nforce.nl/index.php?do=listsection§ion=20

supposedly these dont even need modchips to run.
_
29. December 2003 @ 21:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I really doubt they work because I have actually talked to The_1 off ps2ownz and there is no way to actually back them up at the moment but I am gonna try to see if I can make a iso using the bba and a vga box maybe that might work thinking that this is also the way the dreamcast was backed up.
Civilian
_
30. December 2003 @ 02:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Did a little research on the link you provided, so far in the 4 or 5 I looked at each mentions using the BBA and PSO, see below.

Mooncube:
Say hello to another fine MOONCUBE release, bringing you the latest in NGC games for use on your unmodified and sexy GameCube system! Load up your copy of Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1 & 2 and dust off your BBA, because the revolution has begun!

StarCube:
The Muppets are starring in their first party game ever! ...and no one knows how to party harder than the Muppets! Join Kermit, Miss Piggy, Animal and many more of your other favorites in this interactive board game complete with 30 action-packed mini-games. use 1.4 loader

So it looks like we are back to sqaure one and no possibility for burning to mini DVR. Anyone have a link for the 1.4 loader mentioned from Starcube?

Civilian
Advertisement
_
__

_
Civilian
_
30. December 2003 @ 02:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Pharcyde,

Found the Starcube 1.4 release on the newgroups posted on the 13th of this month.

Civilian

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > full guide to gamecube backup/booting

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork