User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 23:07
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > the 3 types of projector explained: lcd, dlp, crt
Show topics

Forums
Forums
The 3 types of Projector explained: LCD, DLP, CRT
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Bigperm88
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
8. December 2006 @ 11:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Meh, im not touching Plasma. And the bulb issue isnt really a big deal. For the price i paid for a 103 inch wide screen setup, changing a bulb every 2.5 years in peanuts.
Advertisement
_
__
gus738
_
8. December 2006 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well crt tubes are the best in terms of quality and costco has a lifetime return cash .... long story short you get bored of your 3g tv in 4 years you get your cash back

aabbccdd
Suspended permanently
_
8. December 2006 @ 22:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
as long as there still in business(Costco) that is
gus738
_
8. December 2006 @ 22:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol which their will be as they are growing more and more

chicken85
_
8. March 2007 @ 07:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The three different techs are still confusing me, especially comparing DLP vs LCoS/HD-ILA

For the lower priced sets, such as the two following, have the main negatives of each tech. been addressed, or is that only in the high priced sets?

JVC 52" 720p HD-ILA Widescreen: HD52G887
Samsung HL-S4666W 46" DLP HDTV

*edit: and just to make it more difficult, what does the Hitachi UltraVision 50" LCD Projection HDTV (50VS69A) stack up with the HD-ILA and DLP technologies?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. March 2007 @ 07:36

rileygg
_
29. May 2007 @ 00:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for uploading this, it gave me something to read on my lunch break.

Video Tools
http://www.bestvideotools.com
jordan98
_
17. June 2007 @ 19:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"Thanks for uploading this, it gave me something to read on my lunch break."
"Interesting, this is cool, nearly made my day. :)"

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. June 2007 @ 23:37

diabolos
_
18. June 2007 @ 06:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ chicken85,

What negatives are you speaking of? There are 4 types of projection (front or rear) technologies. They are CRT, LCD, DLP, and LCoS (A.K.A. Sony's SXRD and JVC's D-ila/HD-ila).

There are a couple of different sub types as well:

DLP and LCoS can have one to three chips (main mirrors). The one chip designs of both incorporate a color wheel. The three chip designs do not. Samsung has also done away with the back lighting system (the Lamp) and replaced it with a long lasting 3-LED based light source, on some of their models. The 3-LED models don't have color wheels either.

Ced

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. June 2007 @ 13:12

Advertisement
_
__

_
HanaJ
_
21. June 2007 @ 11:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I?m not sure if this is a right thread for my question, but since you guys helped me out many times I?ll take my chances.
I?ve got hp VP6110 Projector (DLP technology?) which I use with compaq nx7010 notebook mainly for Power Point presentations. Everything goes smoothly until it comes to mpeg movie files inserted into the presentations. While the file keeps on running normally on the computer, there is a blank space on the wall. Is some codec missing or is it something even simpler? Just don?t tell me I am stupid and I should change my hair colour in blond, cause I know that.

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > televisions > the 3 types of projector explained: lcd, dlp, crt

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork