User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 03:34
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > ripping encoding with linux
Show topics

Forums
Forums
ripping encoding with linux
  Jump to:

Posted Message
janrocks
Suspended permanently
_
30. March 2007 @ 18:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
** edit **

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. May 2007 @ 08:35

Advertisement
_
__
_
30. March 2007 @ 19:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@janrocks
I have nothing but great respect for your Linux knowledge
and respect your opinions and expertise highly. I may not be the Linux guru you have shown to be, not only here but at the other forums you post. That being said I would really like to see your thoughts or guides posted here to help convert more Windows users. There are a lot of issues with Linux from one system to another as well as distro to distro. Every person we can convert will only make Linux better, the average Windows user will be lost and give up without the help of people like you. There are lot's of idiots out there that will never be able to get Linux, but that is there problem. We may disagree on the direction of open source and closed source programs/drivers. In the end the more people and software developers that move to Linux is the only thing that will hurt Microsoft.
janrocks
Suspended permanently
_
30. March 2007 @ 19:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
** edit **

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. May 2007 @ 08:38

drakshug
_
30. March 2007 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried the live disk for videolinux and was really impressed by the setup there. I am definately tempted to put it on a diff partition from my regular flavour just for the sweet video packages it has. I do a lot of work with dvds and xvids etc so this seems like a boon.
janrocks
Suspended permanently
_
1. April 2007 @ 08:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
** edit **

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. April 2007 @ 10:15

Cobalt06
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
6. May 2007 @ 10:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wolfmanz can you tell me how to get DVD Decrypter to work in Wine. I am lost on how this is suppose to work. I am a noob to linux.

Originally posted by wolfmanz:
Maybe it's just me but I have had great success running all my favorite Windows DVD programs running under Wine with very few issues and in some cases better performance on my dual boot Linux/Windows XP machine. Here is a list of the programs That I have been able to get going.

DVD Decrypter
DVD Shrink
RipIt4Me
DVD Rebuilder Pro & Free
VobBlanker
PgcEdit
ImgBurn
DVD Info Pro

And working on more, as well as some bugs in the above programs.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
7. May 2007 @ 03:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Take a look here and see if this helps

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/478357

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > ripping encoding with linux

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork