User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 23:23
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > revolution cotroller inside...
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Revolution Cotroller Inside...
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:123Next >
HipN
_
3. September 2005 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
On this site there's a lot of info on the Nintendo Revolution and it said that on September 16th, Nintendo is going to unveil the Revolutionary Controller.

link to the site: http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/nintendo-ds/

Sony PS2 (Playstation 2) Slimline (V12) GH-035-71
Sony Playstion 2 Region: NTSC (North America - USA and Canada)
DVD-/+R: Verbatim DVD-/+R 1x-8x 4.7GB MCC and PRO-DATA DVD-R 4x 4.7GB
DMS4 Lite Modchip + ToxicBIOS Ver. 1.3 + Possible Fix
Dual Shock Controller
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MD Memory Card

Burner: Sony DVD RW DW-D26A
Software: DVDDecrypter, Nero, and Alcohol 120%
Advertisement
_
__
killerc
Suspended permanently
_
4. September 2005 @ 14:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thx for the info HipN i hear the controller will be desighned to play snes and n64 games?
xpitbull
Suspended permanently
_
4. September 2005 @ 15:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I want the controller to be revolutionary, lets just hope they come up with something good
killerc
Suspended permanently
_
4. September 2005 @ 16:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think its going to be a mix of snes ,n64 and gc, that would be weird tho
xpitbull
Suspended permanently
_
4. September 2005 @ 16:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
i think its going to be a mix of snes ,n64 and gc, that would be weird tho
I want it to be revolutionary, i dont want a mutant looking controllers. LOL

I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.

Aurora ALX
AMD Athlon? 64 FX-57 with HyperTransport
Windows XP professional edition
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 x 1024MB
500GB (250GB x 2) Serial ATA 7,200 RPM w/16MB Cache
Dual NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX KO ACS PCI-E 256MB DDR3 with SLI
killerc
Suspended permanently
_
4. September 2005 @ 16:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it will be wierd playin paper mario with a different controler and controls
djspida5
_
5. September 2005 @ 17:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the controller will be simple. so simple, it will be revolutionary.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. September 2005 @ 17:58

killerc
Suspended permanently
_
5. September 2005 @ 18:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok simple aint revolutionary

Omega Shenron
xpitbull
Suspended permanently
_
5. September 2005 @ 19:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I agree with Killer, simnple things sucks, the console is already "simple" so they better come up with something good. Sony is going the wrong way, so Nintendo's biggest opponent is ms, if they put some heart in the system they can pull this one off this time

I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.

Aurora ALX
AMD Athlon? 64 FX-57 with HyperTransport
Windows XP professional edition
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 x 1024MB
500GB (250GB x 2) Serial ATA 7,200 RPM w/16MB Cache
Dual NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX KO ACS PCI-E 256MB DDR3 with SLI
killerc
Suspended permanently
_
6. September 2005 @ 14:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hows SOny being simple

Omega Shenron
sushi_x
Suspended permanently
_
15. September 2005 @ 10:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
somebody have a killer concept pic?
Solaray
Suspended permanently
_
15. September 2005 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm, well all nintendos talk about "wanting it to be easy for evry one to controll, not wanting non-gamers to feel scared of the controlls"
and their statement " the new console will not have any A or B buttons"

Only means one thing! the controllers wont have ANY buttons!! so how ever you controll the dam thing is gonna be amazing,,"
zeldaman
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
16. September 2005 @ 05:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ummm wow... that is just messed up... I totally do not like it... I am in total shock that nintendo would release that as the controller.. I really hope there are some better 3rd party controllers... I prey that there are...
stevetex
_
16. September 2005 @ 06:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am looking on that link, and I cannot find that controller. Does anyone have a direct link to it? I haven't had my coffee yet today. :)
stevetex
_
16. September 2005 @ 06:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nevermind, I found it. I don't know if I like it either. Here is a picture of it that I found.

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/313/C4678/
sushi_x
Suspended permanently
_
16. September 2005 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
pros of the new controler: u have total control over the games that u play and there are literally infinate possibilities
cons: many developers r not willing 2 abandon their methods of making games for a controller with 8 buttons
Solaray
Suspended permanently
_
16. September 2005 @ 12:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OH your all so crazy, developers dont think like gamers!!
Maby you dont want to change, but developers want MONEY!!
And Nintendo keep going on about how they want to get more people into games and attract new gamers. Thats why they made it Remore control shaped, coz it wont put people off picking it up.

Theres no cons about it, coz even if you wanted to make a fighting game you could still do all the moves with an 8 button controller and even more, say you want to uppercut you can just hold the A button down and actually do an uppercut, and if you want to kick you can hold the b button and move the controller like a round house.

I think i will prove to be best in games like DOOM 3 and racing games.

A Golf developers dream, i can bet my life a TigerWoods game will be in development!, Tennis games,,,Oh its gonna be crazy!

ok so the controllers got 4 buttons and a D-pad, The motiopn part of it has so many abilities yo dont need too many buttons, thats how it attracts new gamers! and old gamers just need to learn how 2 use it too!
DarthMaul
Suspended permanently
_
16. September 2005 @ 15:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
omg how do you pll like this controller it looks like shit ,,,,, no nintendos gunna be bankrupt and how will it play older nintndo games with that many buttons

I am your brother
Solaray
Suspended permanently
_
16. September 2005 @ 15:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your so corrupted by the what you think things should be!!

Its like telling someone their in the matrix, you owont get it now but soon it will hit you, all controllers look like "TOYS"

This one looks like a Remote? WHY????

Because you only need one hand to play games
Because Nintendo are trying to attract a wider "older" audiance and most people are use to plicking up remotes for all electrical stuff.

Its the best looking controller so far the only reason no one notices is because all the other controllers follow the same stereotype with 2 hands!

If someone never played a game in their life they wouldnt look at the REV controller and say "na im not into games" they would think it was a remote controll!!!! Its MATURE!!! its MODEN!!!

I think nintendo will work on word of mouth, when people start saying "oh i went round my friends house and the REV is cool"

I wasnt too sure about the DS until i went in a shop and played it,,, right then i felt like almost buying it "but im too poor"
DarthMaul
Suspended permanently
_
16. September 2005 @ 16:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok who playes viseo games with a remote controller

I am your brother
Xian
_
16. September 2005 @ 18:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I will reserve judgement until I get try it hands on. At least Nintendo tries to innovate and there are some definate cool possibilites with the new controller, think of sword fighting in Lord of the Rings or swinging a golf club. Look at how many innovative new games have come out for the DS, real differences in gameplay instead of rehashes of the same old games styles.
Hrdrk20
_
16. September 2005 @ 22:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Take one of your tv remotes and hold it horizontally using both hands. It's a nice idea but it may be too slim. I don't like the feel of it and would not be comfortable playing games for hours with such a controller.
Alien13
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
17. September 2005 @ 01:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
At first it looks wierd but then it sort of gets better, i would like to see what its like in action that'd be cool :)

I found out about it here :
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

My Sig.. By ME!

Join us on ad_buddies- http://adbuddies.ccsau.com/chat/index.html
My site - http://www.alien13..com/
Mine and DVDback23's Forum - http://afterdark13.11.forumer.com/
Xian
_
17. September 2005 @ 05:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Take one of your tv remotes and hold it horizontally using both hands. It's a nice idea but it may be too slim. I don't like the feel of it and would not be comfortable playing games for hours with such a controller.
You must have never played much on the NES. While not as ergonomic as some of the modern controllers, you could comfortably play for hours. Take the new controller and turn it sideways and it is nearly identical to the old NES controller layout. Since the Revolution is supposed to have downloadable NES games as well, imagine playing them with a near perfect copy of the original controller too.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Solaray
Suspended permanently
_
17. September 2005 @ 06:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was just gonna say the same thing! its sideways layout is exactly like an old nes controller! The controller also has addons!!!!!

YES B~~es you can add more buttons to the controller or an extra 3d stick for games like Doom.
The more button thing is to play the old Nintendo Games on!

This controller is the best. It looks better then any controller ever designed, it dosnt look like a toy! Its not off-putting to older people. Simple is more futuristic!!!

Just imagine a car with no wheels you will be like "what the fZZk is that crap" but that car will probably be able to fly or something!

U get my drift!

Page:123Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > revolution cotroller inside...

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork