User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 16:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > .bin / .cue / .iso frequently asked questions. read1st
Show topics

Forums
Forums

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Skyliner
_
14. November 2004 @ 11:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a .bin and .cue file for a game, and i am prettyy sure they are right and they are in the same directory and the cue matches the massive (over 700mb) bin file. So far, I have extracted the bin file with winiso and all the components are in a directory. Now, when i play it says insert cd. ?!? (sorry moderator. i used a proper crack but the screen is blank, thats why im resorting to the image bin procedure. ) How do I solve this solution. I got the .bin and .cue files, and I tried making an image and burning them, but the image is to big. I realise the .cue is a set of instructions that burns the .bin. But when I go into nero express, go to make the image copy, select my .cue, my nero starts to blink. Can someone please tell me how to get this working, and the program i used to burn is nero express and I really dont want to use any other. The version is 5.5.9.9 it supports .cue files. Someone help please!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. November 2004 @ 11:58

Advertisement
_
__
bcdemon
_
16. November 2004 @ 06:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To burn a bin/cue image with Nero, open Nero Burning Rom, not Nero Express, then click FILE in Nero Burning Rom, then select BURN IMAGE, locate your cue file, and burn.

Nero made a change to its GUI for v6, the BURN IMAGE should be under the RECORDER tab.

PS, if your trying to play a game that has been altered in any way shape or form (ie. warez) from its original, then dont be surprised if it doesnt work.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. November 2004 @ 06:24

aekizian
_
22. November 2004 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello everybody i am new at the forum...i really like it a lot. I'm having problems with an ISO image and i want to know if anyone can help me...
I have donwloaded a game for Playstation 2 (DVD game with a size of 3GB), it's an ISO image file...as i have read in the forum if i want to record it and play it i has to be done in mode 2/2352. This ISO is mode 1/2048 so i need to convert it (i have already burn it in mode 1/2048 and my PS2 wont read it). I hace the software CDMage but it looks like it only works with cd-size images as i can never open a big file. I have tried tons of programs to make the conversion but i cant make it work...so if anyone could please help me i would be very happy

thank you very much...
Ale
StefanHH
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
22. November 2004 @ 17:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,
I used the tool "Burrrn" ( www.burrrn.net ) to create Audio Cds from lossless compression formats like .ape and .flac.( usually two of them per CD-r.) For only one of these compilations I get the following error each time I try to burn it with my PIONEER DVR-A07-XLA:
"Initializing SPTI ... OK!
SPTILOCK:2,0,0: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D Rev: 1.18
WARNING: Length of toc (81:37:67, 367342 blocks) exceeds capacity of CD-R
(79:57:74, 359849 blocks).
WARNING: Ignored because of option '--overburn'.
WARNING: Some drives may fail to record this toc.
Starting write at speed 10...
Turning BURN-Proof on
Executing power calibration...
Power calibration successful.
ERROR: Drive does not accept any cue sheet variant - please report.
ERROR: Writing failed."
( I dont think overburning is the problem here).

I cant understand this because: the drive accepts cuesheets in every other case. It even accepts each of these two cuesheets if burnt without the other. Furthermore, my other burner ( MSI CR52-M) burns this very compilation without probs.
any ideas, anyone?-

thank you,

Stefan
aekizian
_
23. November 2004 @ 12:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi everyone...lately using a new version of CDMage I could open a dvd iso (3gb) image.

I extracted the tracks to mode 2/2352 and the resulting .bin file is only 200mb...so i burnt it to a cd..then when i go to the cd properties it says "used 4,18GB"...

WHAT HAPPEND? WHY IS IT THAT THE .BIN FILE IS SO COMPRESSED?

if anyone knows...and would like to explain...i'd appreciate it

thanks
Ale
dumbass12
_
23. November 2004 @ 20:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi im a complete noob. I have a a folder. Inside the folders are a bunch of .rar files for a movie. When i double click one of these many .rar files, i get inside a .bin file and a .cue file. How do i make a virtual cd rom drive using these files and Alcohol 120?? I tried to use "help" in alcohol but cant figure it out. Help me =)
Kingd
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
24. November 2004 @ 14:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dumbass12: Any idea how many times your question has been answered on this thread alone? Use winrar to extract the bin and cue to a folder, then you can mount it using Daemon Tools. A simple google search should find you plenty of guides.

To Defy The Laws Of Tradition.
jonno123
_
27. November 2004 @ 14:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok desperately need help. Kinda new to this .iso stuff really but i know i few things. I got doom 3 iso files. Disc 1, 2 and 3. Burnt them onto a disc but when it asks for secondone and i put it in it and i press ok it doesnt let me carry on

Please reply asap. Im on my knees here. I tryed mounting n everything.

sdasd
king216
_
28. November 2004 @ 10:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've read almost this whole thread. I've mounted .bin files, and played the games. I'm trying to burn the .bin file and the .cue file together on one disk but I can't. I only allows me to choose either the .bin or .cue. And I need both or my computer will ask me to load the game disk. I just want to be able to burn the .cue and .bin to the disk and erase the files off my computer so I can just use the disk. when i use Nero and alcohol it goes straight to burn process without letting me choose both files. i apologize if these questions have already been answered.
Advertisement
_
__

_
dumbass12
_
28. November 2004 @ 12:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ive recently downloaded a game (Sims 2) It came across 4 cd's, each in split files which i extracted to receive 4 .bin and .cue files. So i have a .cue and a .bin file for each CD.

I sort of understand how to make bin and cue files work for dvd MOVIES, but i have no idea how to make them work in a cd-rom PC GAME format. Can anyone help?

I know that you have to do soomething to correctly burn it to a cd for one thing,which i also dont know how to do =(, but this also gets me stumped. The .bin files are 757 megs, 764 megs, 764 megs, and 563 megs!! last CD is fine, but the first 3 CDs exceed the limit. My burner program(Roxio) says my cd's capacity under "data disc" mode(oppposed to "music" cd mode) is 703 megs. Does this mean i need 8 discs to install? Will the Sims2 installer even recognize that i need 8 discs??

Anyways, sorry to be a noob i know how annoying this can be for some of you who answered this countless times, but thanks in advance for helping!!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. November 2004 @ 12:44

This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > .bin / .cue / .iso frequently asked questions. read1st

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork