User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 21:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > thoughts of xbox 360 now that they're in your living rooms?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
thoughts of xbox 360 now that they're in your living rooms?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:123Next >
nick81381
_
21. November 2005 @ 19:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just a message asking for thoughts, comments, on the 360's now that they're right in front of your face at home and if it's exactly what you thought it would be, or if there are any disappointments?
Advertisement
_
__
Xenon24
_
21. November 2005 @ 19:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The new Xbox seems great but I am pretty disapointed in the launching lineup games. To be honest I think Microsoft Moved way to fast.
But thats just my opinion...
tim1210
_
21. November 2005 @ 19:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its awesome. has great features for live. right now im downloading the demo for nba
johnodd4
Suspended permanently
_
22. November 2005 @ 19:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
great idea not

microsoft riped off everybody who purchased one of these so called next gen consoles

they think that gamers are made of money but what about the people who cannot afford 400.00 for a console or even 300.00 did they think about that i think not

this console sucks

graphics suck

controllers are cheap pieces of junk

and the console is way to silent
_
22. November 2005 @ 19:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No offence, but what distant planet do you come from.

It's Here!!!

_
22. November 2005 @ 20:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah, seriously dude. quit pissing on it. yeah its really expensive, but all the other stuff you said is total crap. the grafix rock!

Come to http://www.incizion.com to watch movies, discuss modding, and much more!

Xenon24
_
22. November 2005 @ 21:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah its a good system no doubt but I'm still dissapointed. I guess no one will ever match the graphical leap the Playstation 2 and XBOX went from the Playstation. I remember looking at footage at the first PS2 games and getting all warm inside.... anyways, now when I see the Xbox 360 Its got great graphics but does not really "woo" me.
Still I think Microsoft moved way to fast.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. November 2005 @ 21:16

backswift
_
23. November 2005 @ 00:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I thinks its ok, but not the greatest. Whille playing the games, the coloring and shading of the game looks like glossy colored plastic on the land and guys. Anyone notice anytime you rip a cd in the system it knows the artist and tracks. Even when not connected to the net.
gumbowie
_
23. November 2005 @ 00:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
u are so lucky america i cant get it till next year in australia can i buy one in the usa will it work over here

Intel Core 2 E6300 1.8ghz = 2.79ghz
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-945GM-S2
Display Card NVIDIA Geforce 7600gt 7 series
Memory 2 gig DDR2
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP and vista Rc1
Hardrive 120 Gig sata 7500RPM x2 Xp Home
80 Gig sata2 7500rpm 8 Meg cache vista
Sound Card Realtek HD Audio rear output
Dvb T300 Tv card tuner With media center edition
Valor7
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. November 2005 @ 00:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Overall I love the system itself. However most of the games are pretty lame. I ended up with Call Of Duty 2 and PDZ and they're pretty good but if anyone here has tried Kameo you will now have a visual for the word LAME. The killer app for me during launch is the ability to connect my 360 to my Media Center PC. This system is great and is a sleeping giant waiting for some good games to awaken it.

_
23. November 2005 @ 05:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well said... mine really isnt in my living room anymore... I am trying to exploit the damn thing anyway i can. I wont sleep until i can burn games. As soon as that happens, i will smoke a cigar and post the answers to the questions. I just have to wait for the electronics store to open to go get some of my supplies.

You guys will be the first to know when i break this mystery box

-D
_
23. November 2005 @ 05:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I wont sleep until i can burn games
I am right there with you. I don't own just yet, my buddy does were trying everything we know plus more. As soon as you find out send me a pm and i will put it on my website for everyone to see with credits going to you.
_
23. November 2005 @ 06:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just like any console when it's first launched the price point is crazy... Might as well upgrade your computer to play games with just as good or if not better graphics... Next year when the PS3 is released Xbox 360 will come way down in price in order to try and grab the consumer from wanting to buy a PS3... $100 for a 20GB HD for the 360 is crazy...

Even if the XBOX 360 is hacked right this second in order to play backups I don't think you'll see it flying off the shelves until the price point is down...
TruthMan
_
23. November 2005 @ 06:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dont worry guys, gears of war and halo 3 (after gears of war) are on their way.
and when multi-threaded games are made (at least another year or so i guess) then the games really will be fking awsome, as all 3 cores will be able to work on one game, plus the GPU's power will make it fking AWSOMELY POWERFUL, the graphics will be turned up to full and the framerates will be flaming well high at full settings.

the current games, arnt a scratch on the performance potential of the 360, its multi-threaded stuff that will unleash its true potential.
with current single threaded games only 1 core is used with the games (so its like 1 3.2GHz PC processor) with a super-graphics card (which it bottlenecked until all 3 processors can be used), because one processor wont be able to tell the GOU what to do fast enough becaus the graphics card is just wayy 2 fast.

Don't judge the consoles by specs, more isnt always better, espec in PS3 specs.i know the truth, ask if u wanna know.......

Do not compete without valid correct technicality on your terms of the argument.
_
23. November 2005 @ 08:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
prodigy,
i think i have a way to hack the box. I will go ahead and pm you later with results... around midnight AZ time. I have to work today so the box will have to wait. I might even take it to work and try some things there. Thanx to xbox-scene/person who took the pics i have detailed internal pics of the box, which is gonna be a huge help.

I will let you know tonight.

-Daniel
oofRome
_
23. November 2005 @ 09:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I guess no one will ever match the graphical leap the Playstation 2 and XBOX went from the Playstation.
What are you talking about? The PS 2 wasn't that impressive of a leap from the PS one...
_
23. November 2005 @ 09:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PS2 also wasn't being used to its full capacity when it 1st came out either...

I still think with PS3 lauching next year that Sony still has time to put Xbox 360 to shame...

Most of the good games on Xbox are also on PC anyhow and the PC ver in most cases put the console to shame......
So much more you can do with a controller compared what you can do with a keyboard controller combo
chamonofx
_
23. November 2005 @ 10:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the system is not expensive! do you know how much could a 48 pipeline video card cost alone? just the video card would be more than 400$. So stop whining! if you dont like it or cant afford it just dont buy it. no one is pointing at you with a gun making you spend the money

I purchased condemned and it is a pretty good game. Remember, these are launch games that probably didnt have the time to be well built so give it some time. To be launch titles they are awesome. By the way, some guy called kameo a "lame" title, i checked the demo and i have to disagree with you. Rare created an awesome platformer with that one. Of course, if you dont like platformers you arent going to like it
chamonofx
_
23. November 2005 @ 10:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i'd prefer to play fps with a MOUSE

please m$ wake up , a LOT of people prefer mouse over controller so do something!
tim1210
_
23. November 2005 @ 10:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i plugged in a usb keyboard into one of the controller ports and it worked so maybe a mouse does too?
_
23. November 2005 @ 10:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
What are you talking about? The PS 2 wasn't that impressive of a leap from the PS one...
Did you ever play a sports game on Ps one and one on PS2
chamonofx
_
23. November 2005 @ 10:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
tim1210 i dont think so, it would need some driver or anything that makes the pointer the left stick, left click the right trigger, etc you know what i mean
shelde
_
23. November 2005 @ 11:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I read that someone says there system is really quiet. Mine is really loud when playing a game. It is pretty quiet when sitting idle. It is much louder than my original xbox. The guy at EB Games said the same thing about the display. Anyone else having this thought?
tim1210
_
23. November 2005 @ 11:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
mine is as quiet as ever
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
23. November 2005 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sounds like one of my computers running, not really noticible if u have the sound on.

Page:123Next >
Related links
Download Xbox 360 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Microsoft finally discontinues Xbox 360 1 22. April 2016 News comments
Motorola unveils new series of Moto 360 smartwatches 2 5. September 2015 News comments
Microsoft makes 'Forza Horizon 2: Presents Fast & Furious' free for Xbox One, Xbox 360 7 31. March 2015 News comments
Moto 360 coming soon in gold and with a new leather band? 1 1. November 2014 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
Best Buy leaks Motorola Moto 360 price, specs, features 1 18. August 2014 News comments
Google shows off prototypes of Moto 360 and LG G Watch 4 4. June 2014 News comments
Xbox 360 FLASH MOD HELP 6 2. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Dismantled my 360 to repair Disk Drive - Now Controllers won't sync (wired & wireless) 3 1. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Have 60GB hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60GB casing? 8 10. May 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > thoughts of xbox 360 now that they're in your living rooms?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork