User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 01:56
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > convert avi, xvid, divx to dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Convert AVI, Xvid, DivX to DVD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. December 2006 @ 11:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:

Hey, any idea if its possible to but a background music on what i called a "root menu"?
Music, movie clip, pictures... Whatever. You can have it there ;-)

Advertisement
_
__
_
17. December 2006 @ 11:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats excellent mate.

Hey, if i have a video and i wanna cut a bit out of it...is it possible? like i could get sections of the episodes or downlaod a promo or something, that would be cool no?

Thanks agian

Thanks ireland!![afterdawn legend]
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. December 2006 @ 22:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Hey, if i have a video and i wanna cut a bit out of it...is it possible? like i could get sections of the episodes or downlaod a promo or something, that would be cool no?
Not with Nero... Try VirtualDubMod or something.

_
18. December 2006 @ 07:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK thanks mate. I think im just gonna run like a slideshow of images.

AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2006 @ 07:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cool, no problem. If you get stuck, then you know where to find me. :-)

dirtyhajb
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
20. December 2006 @ 03:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What happens if you have windows me i can not use Nero or some other programs to burn because of windows me what now.

joshua
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. December 2006 @ 03:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can use Nero on Windows ME.

Even the latest Nero 7 works on it. :)

dirtyhajb
_
20. December 2006 @ 03:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks.

joshua
dirtyhajb
_
20. December 2006 @ 04:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what version of Nero runs on windows me

joshua
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. December 2006 @ 04:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Every version of Nero will work on it.

_
20. December 2006 @ 10:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey ripper bro, u've helped me alot mate, im greatful (sp?)

Im on my way to a professional looking backup.

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. December 2006 @ 10:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nice one. Be sure to let me know how it goes.

Btw, it's grateful ;-)

:-)

_
20. December 2006 @ 11:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOL!

daymn......i swear im being punished.....you self indulge and ur headset breaks...meh

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. December 2006 @ 11:32

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. December 2006 @ 11:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Lol, it's xmas, treat yourslef to a new one. Think of it as a sign.. :-P

Anyhow, we should stop trashing this thread! :-)

_
20. December 2006 @ 11:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ooops yeh im sorry people. Ripper solved my problem, its now open to the needy.

Blarney
_
20. December 2006 @ 22:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, I've been trying to convert AVI to dvd, and everything seems to be working well... except that the 80 minute movie says that it is now 236 minutes when I begin to convert it. I waited most of it out just to see what the extra 150 minutes were, and after the movie finished; it was just a black screen. I also tried it on a different movie to see if it was the case and it said that my 113 minute movie was 340. If anyone could help me resolve this, it would be great, because it is making the file so large that it won't fit onto a dvd.
_
20. December 2006 @ 23:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What program are you using?

Blarney
_
21. December 2006 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh, sorry, I'm using TMPGEnc, I was just following the original guide and everything was working well except for the time issue.
Arnold2
_
21. December 2006 @ 14:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You could use WOMBLE Mpeg Video Wizard to cut out the part you do not want before you format in TMPGe... great tool to have. good luck

Grateful for any and all helpful information and guidance. Thank you arnold2
Blarney
_
21. December 2006 @ 17:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The problem isn't that my movie has some worthless part attached on the end, but that tmpg is adding it on... I have watched the movie in its entirety on my computer and it is indeed only 80 minutes long. When I go to convert it though it adds this length of film on.
_
21. December 2006 @ 22:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK i reccommend using a different program, just to see if that helps.

Erm i dont know of many programs for this...Nerovision Express...but that costs....aha. AVone Video converter is available on trial but it leaves watermarks on the film.

Look here : http://www.newfreedownloads.com/find/avi-to-dvd.html

Theres some u can try....tell me if it makes any difference. I gotta go.

Arnold2
_
22. December 2006 @ 12:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You would see the black part when you play it on your computer?
Had an AVI. did the same as you describe. Cut the black part out had no problem. Think Wizard has a trial ver. Or any editing software you can find to edit out the empty space (black part)...
If you have already converted it to vob's you could use FixVTS
It is free, isn't another plugin but it can correct the blankcells that seems to be going on
http://WWW.videohelp.Com/~FixVTS//Downloads/FixVTS1.3.zip

Just something to think about, if all else fails.

Arnold2
_
12. January 2007 @ 06:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Arnold2:
You would see the black part when you play it on your computer?
Had an AVI. did the same as you describe. Cut the black part out had no problem. Think Wizard has a trial ver. Or any editing software you can find to edit out the empty space (black part)...
If you have already converted it to vob's you could use FixVTS
It is free, isn't another plugin but it can correct the blankcells that seems to be going on
http://WWW.videohelp.Com/~FixVTS//Downloads/FixVTS1.3.zip

Just something to think about, if all else fails.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. January 2007 @ 17:19

PFC-Kluge
_
12. January 2007 @ 06:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Blarney,
The easiest fix by far is to use DVDShrink. As long as your finished DVD movie's first 80 minutes plays exactly as you had expected it to, then use DVDShrink's reauthoring tool and click on the "Set Start/End Frames" button. Use the "End Frame" slider to wipe off the black part at the end of your movie. Then hit the "Back up" button, and finish the reauthoring.
Download DVDShrink here:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_.../dvd_shrink.cfm
Advertisement
_
__

_
fatleon5
_
22. January 2007 @ 09:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I want to put a tv series that ive downloaded onto disk so it can play in a DVD, but all of the programs ive tried only put one file onto DVD but I have 6 seperate files each in AVI format. Can anyone help me please?

Related links
Download the latest version of DivX codec from AfterDawn.com!
Get FFSHOW from here -- free DirectShow filter for watching DivX movies, faster than original DivX codec!
Read AfterDawn.com's DivX guides from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
your opinion that Divx is no Longer standard ???? 3 29. December 2013 Video - Software discussion
DivX codec, trying to remove watermark from all encodes! 6 18. April 2013 Video - Software discussion
anyone have a panaonic dmp-bd75? -I can't get divx to work 1 7. June 2012 Blu-ray players
What kind of .avi format do Divx DVD players use? 3 1. April 2012 Convert video to another format
divx and any video converter 3 19. March 2012 Convert video to another format
help needed with playing divx on surround system 1 28. January 2012 Receivers and amplifiers
Divx buffering problem 0%-100% 1 26. November 2011 Video playback problems
DivX USB DVD player - judder in certain scenes...water, live music etc.... 5 21. November 2011 DVD players
Samsung DVD Recorder DivX 2 13. November 2011 DVD recorders
want to convert h.264 video file to divx 3 4. September 2011 Convert video to another format

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > convert avi, xvid, divx to dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork