User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 23:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > convert avi, xvid, divx to dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Convert AVI, Xvid, DivX to DVD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
lililou
_
19. September 2008 @ 08:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried DVD coach and also had the weird message, so I switched to ConvertXtoDVD and I'm not going back !!
ConvertXtoDVD is really easy to use and has some cool features like menu creation and subtitle management. By far the best video converter on the market , trust me !
Advertisement
_
__
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
21. September 2008 @ 21:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can't compare to dvd flick when it comes to value for money.. convertx still has troubles with subtitles.

dvdstyler is probably the best all round dvd authoring application, but it takes time and patience to get the best from it.
digitilos
Suspended permanently
_
23. September 2008 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Difficult to compare SPAM, a freeware to convertx, a shareware.
There are so many options in convertx that I won't never use.
You can't even create your own menu with your favorite picture!

With SPAM, it is so simple that it works for free.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. February 2009 @ 12:04

hpf84
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
25. September 2008 @ 04:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've heard dvdcoach thanks to your forum

I appreciate its ease of use.
dvdcoach is so simple to use but you can't compare it with convertx which does good job as well. But does it worth the money ?
bilvihur

2 product reviews
_
13. February 2009 @ 08:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was using AVI2DVD to create DVD movies, but it's lack of support finally made me give up in frustration. Reading this forum, I downloaded and started using DVDCoach Express. So far I've been very satisfied with it's speed and quality. It has even handled .avi files which AVI2DVD couldn't. I'm disappointed that AVI2DVD couldn't be maintained, but DVDCoach Express is now my only DVD converter.
bilvihur

2 product reviews
_
17. February 2009 @ 08:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Update - I tried DVDFlick, and find it more versatile than DVDCoach Express! It accepts multiple .avi files, with different frame and bit rates, and fits them onto a DVD. No need to join files manually, or rename them. DVDFlick has my vote!
knfusd
_
25. February 2009 @ 09:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a problem I'd like to see if anyone can help me with. I have some avi files that I would like to put on a dvd. I'm using dvd flick as the converter. it's fairly simple to use and haven't had much issues using it. my problem is the files i want to convert are of a compilation and when I try to put more than one title on a disk it's has no more room because each avi file has the total time of the disk it was taken from instead of the total time of length of the file itself.I have 8 avi files. Each file is in approximate length of 30 to 45 minutes in length. My question is there any way to change the avi files so that the correct time length is on the files itself so that I dont have to use 10 disks to put the files on dvd? If I've posted in the wrong area could a moderator please place this post in the correct area please. Thanks for any and all responses!!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. February 2009 @ 11:09

_
6. April 2009 @ 23:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have an embarrassingly dumb question.. your indulgence is appreciated!

Why does one want to convert .avi to dvd?

Also, please recommend a free mpeg-2 viewer.
bilvihur

2 product reviews
_
7. April 2009 @ 07:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We convert AVI files to DVD format so they can be burned onto DVD disks, and played on a home DVD player. VLC Media Player is the best free viewer around.
softimage
_
7. April 2009 @ 08:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I read the thread from the first to the last.
first the people talk about is the "super dvd creator", and then about 1 year later is the "convertxtodvd", and then it is the tmpenc , and avi2dvd ,etc.
most popular topic is the "DVD menu", "add dvd subtitle","convert avi to dvd" etc. so why not try the above softwares one by one ?
023ivy
Suspended permanently
_
2. July 2009 @ 02:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SPAM removed

"023ivy (account created on 2 Jul, 2009) has used same IP address as nathan023 (banned on 1 Jul, 2009)"

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. July 2009 @ 04:14

_
2. July 2009 @ 03:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why people would want to convert avi or divx or mkv or blu-ray to DVD ?
well.. because anyone has at least a DVD player, and not all DVD player reads correctly Divx.
If you want to make a backup copy of a Blu-ray, because of the cost, it is smarter to convert it to DVD because you can give it away easily.
Once you have converted to DVD, you can also enjoy the DVD menu, which is not possible with divx, or at least the result will depends on the dvd player / divx player you have.
Of course, you can use a computer to read everything on a TV, but that's not the case for all users.
and yes. I think the best tool for that is still ConvertXtoDVD , because they keep the assertion to convert ONLY to DVD ( Blu-ray will be done with another application according VSO software, the publisher )

dasli
Suspended permanently
_
23. July 2009 @ 11:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SPAM removed

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. August 2009 @ 07:07

littlepho
Suspended permanently
_
21. January 2010 @ 17:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SPAM removed

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. January 2010 @ 17:45

lozu
_
17. March 2010 @ 06:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The best is to use Super DVD Creator.
Version 7 only deal with MPEG, version 8, 9 deals with converting to VOB.

Features:
Add a play button with img or bk.
Convert any video format into vob as chapter.

That what I use.

Lozu Sharez - The Feature Of Technology
bilvihur

2 product reviews
_
17. March 2010 @ 07:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I still maintain that DVDFlick is the best FREE AVI to DVD appl.
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
17. March 2010 @ 12:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bilvihur:
That's because IT IS!

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!
renerott
_
20. May 2010 @ 11:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bilvihur:
You are right, DVDFlick is the best, even if sometimes i use other converters like Dvdtivi lite
katpeeler
_
24. October 2010 @ 11:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, I downloaded DVDFlick and followed instructions. I chose not to burn the dvd after completion. When I go to where my files are I find a bunch of different folders, seems everything is split up. I dont see any single video/audio file so I can burn. Any suggestions??
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. October 2010 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You should have 2 folders, an empty AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS with your movie in several vobs and other items. Use ImgBurn (free) to burn the VIDEO_TS folder.
katpeeler
_
24. October 2010 @ 14:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mistycat:
You should have 2 folders, an empty AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS with your movie in several vobs and other items. Use ImgBurn (free) to burn the VIDEO_TS folder.
Thats the thing, I dont have a audio ts or video ts folders. Every folder has data of some sort in it. What I have done is take 5 one hour avi's and converted them. Maybe I messed up in the direction proccess. Or is there a better program to put several short avi videos on one dvd?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. October 2010 @ 15:05

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. October 2010 @ 16:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have never used DVD Flick so not sure why this happening, maybe a setting. Never used this either but heard good of it, Avs2DVD: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD Like said, ConvertXtoDVD but it isn't free. Edit: 5 hours on one DVD 5 is a lot, maybe that's the problem and quality will be terrible as well, try 3 hours at most unless 1 hour episodes and even then, 4 (I'd go 3 and 2 episodes), course that's me.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. October 2010 @ 17:01

katpeeler
_
24. October 2010 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mistycat:
I have never used DVD Flick so not sure why this happening, maybe a setting. Never used this either but heard good of it, Avs2DVD: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD Like said, ConvertXtoDVD but it isn't free. Edit: 5 hours on one DVD 5 is a lot, maybe that's the problem and quality will be terrible as well, try 3 hours at most unless 1 hour episodes and even then, 4, course that's me.
Well the dvd Im trying to burn to is a dual layer so I would think it was enough space. Im new to this so didnt know if I wanted to buy something right now or not. I will look I will try avstodvd with a single movie first..thanx
katpeeler
_
24. October 2010 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Which video ts folder do I want to use to burn??
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. October 2010 @ 23:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You should only have one VIDEO_TS folder to burn (with the movies) and one empty AUDIO_TS folder I would think, is Avs2DVD making seperate VIDEO_TS folders for each avi? I was under the impression it burned the whole set as a single project using ImgBurn. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge on the subject will chime in.

Related links
Download the latest version of DivX codec from AfterDawn.com!
Get FFSHOW from here -- free DirectShow filter for watching DivX movies, faster than original DivX codec!
Read AfterDawn.com's DivX guides from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
your opinion that Divx is no Longer standard ???? 3 29. December 2013 Video - Software discussion
DivX codec, trying to remove watermark from all encodes! 6 18. April 2013 Video - Software discussion
anyone have a panaonic dmp-bd75? -I can't get divx to work 1 7. June 2012 Blu-ray players
What kind of .avi format do Divx DVD players use? 3 1. April 2012 Convert video to another format
divx and any video converter 3 19. March 2012 Convert video to another format
help needed with playing divx on surround system 1 28. January 2012 Receivers and amplifiers
Divx buffering problem 0%-100% 1 26. November 2011 Video playback problems
DivX USB DVD player - judder in certain scenes...water, live music etc.... 5 21. November 2011 DVD players
Samsung DVD Recorder DivX 2 13. November 2011 DVD recorders
want to convert h.264 video file to divx 3 4. September 2011 Convert video to another format

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > convert avi, xvid, divx to dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork