User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 09:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > drivers for winxp, winme, win98se *****look here******
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Drivers for WinXp, Winme, Win98se *****Look Here******
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ulised
_
3. July 2005 @ 10:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey everybody having trouble getting Mobile PhoneTools to work, I hope this will help!

Installing Mobile PhoneTools - Starting from scratch:

What you will need:
-usb cable
- mobile phone tools; versions 1.23c, 2.16 update, and v3.11h.Final.Retail
-p2k and p2kman (I don't know if you need both, but I have both and it worked for me)
-chfaken (to unlock your phone)
(I found links to download all these programs in threads for mobile phone tools, some of the links don't work anymore, but some do - you just have to try them)

1. Uninstall all programs associated with the phone (mobile phone tools, etc.)
2. restart your computer
3. re-flash your phone - Make sure that the usb cable is DISCONNECTED from your computer before proceeding:
a. turn off phone,
b. press *, #, and the OFF button all at the same time,
c. plug in the usb cable (it will tell you to do this on the phone's screen)
the phone should say "ok" and the computer will recognize it as new hardware, if needed, choose to browse to the folder that you extracted the p2k driver into and it should be found
d. After it is finished installing, disconnect the phone from your computer again, and turn it back on.
4. Open the Chfaken file and run the unlock
5. Go to the folder where you saved the mobile phone tools software,
6. Double click the icon for the version 1.23c and install this first, follow the install wizard until it gets to the window where there is a "Finish" button at the bottom. Click the box next to "Automatically run application" (or something similar) to remove the check - DO NOT RUN THE FIRST VERSION OF MOBILE PHONE TOOLS (1.23c)
7. Immediately go back to the folder in which you saved the mobile phone tools software and double click on the icon for the version 2.16 update and install it now
8. After it is finished installing, double click the icon on your desktop to run mobile phone tools (you have to run the second version or the 3rd version will not install).
9. Go through the set up, when it asked to detect drivers for your phone, click the box next to "Select driver from a specified location (Advanced)" to put a check in it
10. If you cannot find your phone in the list, just pick one that is close to your model number and finish the install (I had to do this because I have a V220)
11. mobile phone tools might ask you how you want to connect, click usb cable
12. When it asks you to, plug the usb cable into your phone
13. It should detect it after a few minutes, then pop up a phone skin - if you had to choose a different model than you have, it won't look just like your phone - it doesn't matter
14. It will initialize for awhile, be patient - however, if it takes more than 10 mins, something is wrong and you will have to start over from the beginning.
15. Once, it has finished initializing, click on the Multimedia Studio icon and try to transfer a couple of files (pics, etc.) - if everything is working fine close mobile phone tools
16. Go back to the folder where you saved mobile phone tools and double click on the icon for the 3rd version of mobile phone tools v3.11h.Final.Retail, and install it
17. Near the end of the install you might get a couple of error messages, just click ignore - if you get them at the beginning of the install and there are so many that you cannot get through them, it is not going to work and you will have to start over
18. If the install goes okay, it should automatically launch mobile phone tools
19. It will ask you again how you want to connect to your phone, choose usb cable and (if your phone is still plugged in) disconnect the usb cable and reconnect it, let it detect your phone
20. It should detect your phone and bring up the phone skin, let it initialize (this should only take a few minutes, be patient
21. When it is done initializing, click on the menu button on the phone skin, go to setup and click on "new phone"
22. It will ask you again how to connect to phone, choose usb cable (if necessary, disconnect and reconnect your phone)
23. After it detects your phone again, go thru the set up, it will ask you to automatically detect drivers, click the box next to "Select driver from a specified location (Advanced)" again.
24. When it pops up the list of phones, you should be able to find your model in the list (v220 is near the bottom of the list)
25. Finish the set up, when it is done it should change the phone skin to your model phone (when mine came up, it looked just like my phone).
26. When it is done initializing, you should be ready to go - you can upload and download to and from your phone now.

I got all the info that I needed to figure this out from the threads for mobile phone tools - especially from threads written by Mossy and xman2004. I am very new to all of this, and it took quite a few hours of screwing around with it before I could get it to work. So I thought a step by step of what I had to do might help someone else. If anyone finds that I missed a step or a correction that needs to be made, please let me know. I definetly don't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction. Good Luck!
Advertisement
_
__
debmul
_
5. July 2005 @ 19:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tried the link, get an error trying to open the zip file. Any other suggestions?

debmuljackson
ulised
_
7. July 2005 @ 18:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
None of the links that I used to get the files are working. And I can't seem to find any links that do work; on this forum or others. Weird. I did find this one link that works, for now. But it is a link to download version 3.11 of mobile phone tools, the 3rd version. I tried installing just the 3rd version when I first started messing around with the phone and it doesn't work. You have to install the previous versions first. But I guess its worth a try. It is a different file name than the one I downloaded. I'll keep looking for the other versions.

Here it is

http://myskye.com/download/mpt323.exe

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. July 2005 @ 18:09

magai
_
15. July 2005 @ 05:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hy..i need the drivers for motorola v1050..anyone has it?please help me..put it for download or mail it to me at mihai_cool@yahoo.com
thank's!
wooconley
_
23. July 2005 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do I need to unlock my phone to install and use Phone Tools? I am a Cingular customer and already use my phone.
dannyloco
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
27. July 2005 @ 18:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey Guys, I have mobile phone tools 3.20 and Im willing to upload to anyone who AIM's me at garciaflava5 . I also have a working driver that works for my razr and windows xp...lataz

RAZR CHAMP!
kbarrett
_
31. July 2005 @ 02:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
motodude, I am on the end of a long telephone line that that due to capacity also has an un-removable DAX on it so I only get 2.8k connection on my modem (wont bore you withe discussions I've had with BT about this and consequence that I can't have broadband) but did spend 3.5hrs downloading MPT3.11 and then tried installing using your password "motodude" all archives extracted except the last!!!?? Is there anyway I can get your RAR file 07 without re-downloading the whole lot. On extraction it says it may be the wrong password but more likely corrupted during down load.
Please help, the 5meg RAR will only take 30mins, much better than locking my phone for 3.5hrs.

Anyone else help with download for just this rar file or emailme at kandlbarrett@yahoo.co.uk
pewterss
_
4. August 2005 @ 06:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can anyone direct me 2 the drivers for the v505, thanks a million guys and gals =)
V635freak
_
6. August 2005 @ 10:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried to download the drivers from the link up above (on the first page, the one for the drivers for all motorola V series phones) but I keep gettin' the same error page. What's the deal??? Is it not bein' hosted any more?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. August 2005 @ 10:59

Piro-man
_
15. August 2005 @ 09:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hello I have a motorola v180 I have USB cable... i have a driver (i don`t know if is good ) but I don`t have program to transfer pics, mp3,phlofonic music from calculator to phone.. so sameone PLS tell me a site whitout money from were i can take a GOOD driver and A PROGRAM to transfer mp3 from PC to Phone .... PPPLLLSSS .. Send me a short mail on zeu_adoriss@yahoo.com or let me a offline message on my Yahoo messeger my ID : Zeu_adoriss

SO i need a driver for Motorola V180 and a program to transfer music from pc to phone

Doru
motonewbe
_
9. October 2005 @ 17:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is there anyway i can install the drivers on win98(not se)as well as the mobile phone tools?

or do i need to go find 98se and go from there?
chris3x
_
24. October 2005 @ 09:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey everyone. I need some help. A fried of mine recommended this site. I have a V551 and I am trying my hardest to use it with my PC. It seems that I am missing the drivers to properly use this. I have tried everything and still no luck. Im thinking that im probably the one doing everything wrong.
Can some one please help me help my PC recognize the new hardware? Thanks.

Motorola under construction
slew0408
_
5. November 2005 @ 07:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks mossy
chacal05
_
8. November 2005 @ 05:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi, i get a moto c975 without, i've tried many soft but ... nothing. can you please tell me where can i find the rigth software for my moto. i want to load mp3 pictures and more.
think you!
galangg
_
9. November 2005 @ 16:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a razr v3.. i cant find any mpt that recognizes my phone.. i got v.1.23 and v.20 and v2.21 and v3.11 wth is going on.. can u help me u seem to be boss of motorola or something.. what mpt should i get and can u give mt he the link please=] woudl be highyl appreciated
victa815
_
15. November 2005 @ 17:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hello its me the noooby again :)

can anyone teach me how to connect the cell phone to pc?

i have xp service pk 2, and the usb cable is the one i use for mp3 transfer. im not sure if its rite for this but still someone help me?

when i plug it in, windows detects is but i dont know how to transfer files into my phone from pc.
THX

~Victor~
ctidcarl
_
20. November 2005 @ 06:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any help please in pointing me in the direction of a driver for the ROKR E1 & windows 98SE.

I've posted in a couple of other threads for this too, hoping the more people who read it the greater chance for success!!

I apologise if I sound greedy, but as I'm sure a few of you guys know, it becomes desperation after a while!!
victa815
_
20. November 2005 @ 17:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok nvm.

i dl the motorola phone tools and it solves my problem :D

thx.

if u want the link to dl this check my other reply

~Victor~
victa815
_
20. November 2005 @ 17:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

~Victor~
chris3x
_
21. November 2005 @ 06:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey again. Does anyone know now to solve this problem:
I have the dirvers and the cable. My V551 is interacting with my pc quite well. I am able to trasfer photos and mp3 files in and out of my phone. Now, the problem is that I am not able to set my upload mp3's as a ringtone. I mean its there, if i want to listen to em i can, but can not set as a ringtone..can anyone help

Motorola under construction
who13
_
23. November 2005 @ 19:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ive been messing with this stuff for awhile now.....finally tonight i got the driver installed (not sure exactly which i chose but it works..now all the options arent greys out)i have mpt V3.40i installed...this is the closest ive been ever..haha
now when i minimize mpt the icon on the toolbar is red...it says bad reception...dont know what that means....the one big thing that finally the pc recognizes the usb is check off the "tapi" during instal of driver...that did something....
but one major question...does my phone have to be unlocked for transfer of images,mp3's,gamez,etc????i have yet to unlock this phone...if so ill be doing that asap....i thought unlocking the phone was just for sim cards...i have a rzr v3 phone...

anyhow all these replies and such were helpfull to shed some light on this topic...
Hood_Rich
_
24. November 2005 @ 12:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh yessss, I got it working on my new computer now. Working for my black Razr

"Why did Bush knock down the towers?"-Jadakiss
moe5327
_
24. November 2005 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey mossyy,
im trying to connect to the link you gave above, but it is just a blank screen
moe5327
_
24. November 2005 @ 17:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you guys are the greatest. i finally unlocked my v220. thanks to everyone who shared there knowledge. thanks guys. that was one easy unlock once i actually got patient and took my time understanding everyones points.
thanks again.
i luv you guys......YES YES YES
yeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Advertisement
_
__

_
Brad
_
31. January 2006 @ 06:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I NEED HELP WITH THE INSTALATION OF THIS...it worked with my PC once i tryed another moto and it gave up on me. I need to kno the right way to install MPT, plz help me..

i run XP home

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > drivers for winxp, winme, win98se *****look here******

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork