User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 17:21
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > .bin / .cue / .iso frequently asked questions. read1st
Show topics

Forums
Forums

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST
  Jump to:

Posted Message
matts.bin
_
28. December 2002 @ 11:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi everyone!
I've read all the threads (page 1 to 4)
I have a .bin.exe file
So, if i got it right:
1. Rename the file to only .bin file.
2. Create the .cue file with notepad:
FILE "IMAGE.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

ok now... lets say i have a pc game. I know its mode1. I know i have to provide the file name. What i dont know is, do i need to put the ---> "" <--- before and after the file name?
3. Once this is done, i open nero, choose to burn the cd image, in the rollup menu, i choose all formats... What i need to know is do i only choose the .cue file (and yes the bin and cue file are on the same directory, folder)and click on burn?

Thats all i guess i need to know.
I'm also writting this so people dont have to read all the 4 pages of this thread again and again if they are going to use nero.

You guys can add anything I'm missing.

Thanks you guys!
Matts
Advertisement
_
__
aldaco12
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. December 2002 @ 09:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What you posted is almost 100% correct (let's say 99.99%). Just to be more precise:
a) yes, you have to use "" to specify the file name (so, in your example, IMAGE.BIN should be the name of the .BIN file);
b) .BIN and .CUE must be in the same dir;
c) Nero is capable to load the .CUE files only from version 5.5.9.5 (or 5.5.5.9?) and above.

I also would suggest the admin to build a 'short' version of the readme1st thread. It is becomung huge..
Exquelus
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
29. December 2002 @ 17:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I DLed a game in .bin.exe format. I am a little confused about the .exe after the .bin file extension. What does it mean? Also i have a .cue file as well as the .bin.exe file, but when i burn them all i get is a copy of them on a cd. I put them in the same directory and have tried burning the .cue to the disc. It looks like it will work but then it says windows doesnt recognize it. The file i tried was 730mb's and yet still burned on a 700mb disc. Weird. What do i put on the cd? All these advanced options come up in nero. Can someone please tell me what to do in a few steps that are not too advanced in computer language? Like what objects exactly do i use? Just from the getting of the files to the end of burning is all im looking for. I'm really sorry to ask a question like this but I can't find anything that specifically goes to my needs. You guys rock, thanks.

P.S. I have tried in Nero and Alcohol 120%.

-Exquelus Knight-
erico
_
29. December 2002 @ 18:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
assuming u have the correct bin's and cue's, all you have to do is go into Nero and go to the drop down menu
File - Burn Image.
This will take you to a browse menu, where u need to locate the cue file(s), that coordinate to the bin file(s). The cooresponding Bins and Cues must be in the same directory. Then click Open. Then tell Nero to Burn, and it will copy the INFORMATION from the BIN, not the actual BIN file itself. This will create the information for the backup CD that the windows registry will recognize, and you can run.
AS for the .bin.exe file, i'm not sure what to do for that, however i do remember someone telling me once that you can just rename it to a .bin file. But try getting some expert advice from aldaco or cd-rw.org on this before doing it. (Or make a copy of it and then try, preserving the old file)
Good Luck!

Exquelus
_
29. December 2002 @ 18:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I really appreciate your help erico. Everything will work fine if i can fix one thing. Everywhere i look on my pc it says that the .bin files are just .bin files, not .bin.exe's. Yet, when i open Nero it says they are .bin.exe's. Whats up with this? Is there anyway i can fix it? I'm sure it will work if this is fixed. When i try to burn it it says "error in first line" of the cue. Thats the error. Any help? Thanks again.

-Exquelus Knight-

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. December 2002 @ 18:43

Exquelus
_
29. December 2002 @ 18:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The last post i put i fixed. I just single clicked on the name in Nero. Duh. Anyway im gonna try that now. Thanks erico, and everyone.

-Exquelus Knight-
Exquelus
_
29. December 2002 @ 19:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok i thought i had it worked out, up until i took the disc out of the burner when finished and tried it in the normal cd-rom drive. It still comes up with a box with the title "disc not formatted" and saying its bad or corrupt. Here is what i did to make the cd:

IN NERO:

- File-Burn Image
-Selected .cue file in the same directory as the .bin
-Went to burn tab, under action selected "write" chose 24x write speed, write method "disc at once" 1 copy and "buffer underrun protection.
-Started writing
-Finished burning, then tried the disc.

Is there something wrong with the .bin file? Do i need to download it all over again? someone please help! I also re-named a .bin.exe file to just .bin in nero. Did this do something?

P.S. I went to the info tab in the "Write CD" box that appears when you go to burn it and it stated:

Track: Track #1
Kind of track: Data (mode 2)
Size of track 630MB

Yet it says that the image size is 731. I know these are seperate but do the #'s seem right? And i thought that the data should be mode 1. I'm probably wrong. Please Help!

-Exquelus Knight-

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. December 2002 @ 21:02

erico
_
30. December 2002 @ 06:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
u may have a faulty BIN, but the other problem is that if you are making a backup PC cd, then it needs to be in mode 1. Only PSX or ?other console games? runs in mode 2. try changing that to mode, and see if it works. Other than that, i'm sure what is up. You could always try downloading a better .BIN file. I use DIRECT CONNECT the most, cause that supplys the best information. Kazaa, Morpheus, etc. just dont have enough software available.
KD-na
_
1. January 2003 @ 20:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've downloaded a PSX game from the web that was separated in "kal-ddrk.001" to "kal-ddrk.018", also contained a "nfo" and a "sfv" files. I've joined them with HJjoin Pro(?) and the mix made a file without format, I readed the "nfo" file where appeared that the in the game was in "cue/bin" format, so I put ".bin" to the file and made a "cue" file like this:

FILE "C:\Archivos de
programa\eMule\Incoming\kal-ddrk.bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2336

I made the CD with Nero and with CDRwin and both were wrong, where's the error?
ripper75
_
2. January 2003 @ 04:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi!
First of all I would like to say that it's great that there is a board like
this, from were we can learn about burning .bin/.cue/and ISO.

My problem is that I downloaded a game (007:NightFire.exe) from kazaa and I
can't make it to work. So I send a message to some of the others who had
downloaded it and one of them said that it was a .bin file.
So then I tried like you wrote (cd-rw.org) to make a .cue file and loaded that
to nero, but nero refused and error messages occured.
Should I keep the NightFire.exe and just put a .bin behind like this
(NightFire.exe.bin) or should I just remove the .exe with a .bin.

I don't know if the file is a .bin/.cue or .ISO.
The file is 734126080byte big when I check the properties of it, and 716 920kb.
I would really appreciate for any adwice you can give me.
erico
_
2. January 2003 @ 06:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ripper: read back, and follow aldaco's instructions on determining whether a BIN is faulty or not. (as in, divide the total byte size by 2352, read back for more detailed insrtuctions.) If it turns out to be a non-integer, then D/L a new file. If it IS an integer... then try 2 things that u described. First make 2 copys of the original. Then try changing the file type to a BIN, then to a .exe.bin, and burn both of them with the .cue u downloaded. See if it works. If not, and the file is a good bin (the sector amount is an integer), then i would suggest downloading a new file.
ripper75
_
2. January 2003 @ 12:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
erico:
thanks for you answer about copy the file like I ALWAYS do if I'm going to change the file-type. But I understand what you mean!
It's just that I didn't download a .cue file, I just made one like cd-rw.org said.I don't know if that was wrong or what?
Still I think people on kazaa who has that game and never tried to installed it (about 25pers.) stupid. Why have a game that you can't install......that's just my thoughts.
erico
_
2. January 2003 @ 12:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if... u created the CUE file correctly, then the problem obviously resides in the bin. So, check it like aldaco described before, to see if its a good BIN file. If not, then that could be why the other 25 persons haven't installed it. So u may need a new .bin for the file u want.
aldaco12
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. January 2003 @ 02:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
People, you should do new threads for your questions. All people is posting here and it is difficult to understand each topic.

Now, lets try to understand.

a) .BIN.EXE files are somewhat proxy names for .BIN files. Just rename them to .BIN and it should work.

b) Once you have the .BIN you should have the .CUE also. If not, create it the way was posted above.

Now the answers:

a) to Exquelus

you found this:
Track: Track #1
Kind of track: Data (mode 2)
Size of track 630MB

I do not know why Nero says Mode2. You should open the .cue file (use Notepad) and read it. If MODE2 is written there you doenloaded a PSX disc not a PC disc.

b) to KD-na

ALWAYS check .BIN files with Isobuster. You can see if the file is corrupted.

If all is well, try lowering the write speed.

b) to ripper

Rename the file to .ISO or .BIN and open it with ISOBUSTER. What happens?
alpngso
_
15. January 2003 @ 20:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How long does it take to change the file name bin.exe to .bin or .iso file?

I think my computer freezes when i change the file name... Only this my madden 2003 file...

What's wrong!?
critter44
_
15. January 2003 @ 20:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey yall! great site. i have spent the past 40 minutes reading through the "read first "section and am still looking for a few answers to a couple of questions. i have a 3 bin files that need to be recorded one a t a time. they did not come with .cue files which is the source of most of my problems. i have written one and saved it in the same directory as the bin. the file name is: "reason2disc1.bin" and the cue file i wrote is:
FILE "reason2disc1.bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

the program is a music synthesizer like program for pc. i am using fireburner and when i try to load the cue (and therefore the bin), it says it is unable to find the bin file of the same name (remember that i encluded them in the same folder/directory. any help on this matter would be much appreciated because i have reached the frustration level of wanting to slam my head through my monitor, but i'll try to hold off until a response. thanks a ton in advance. -critter
aldaco12
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. January 2003 @ 23:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Very strange.

Did you use the command "IMPORT TRACKS FROM CUESHEET"? Because if you use "Load Tracks" and then you load a .CUE file you receive errors.

BTW the .CUE seems correct. Are you sure you did not misspell the name (maybe a space, an underscore...) or that you put the file in the wrong directory?

Please note that if you have Fireburner 2.1.7 unregistered you will ONLY test burning. Only version 1.0.6 unregistered is capable of burning.
indian©
_
16. January 2003 @ 01:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Like someone else on this thread, I too created an account here JUST to say THANKS for your GREAT help! I didn't have to go past the first page to know what a .BIN and .CUE file was, to download Alcohol 120% and create my CD.

Thanks guys!! Keep up the fabulous work!
Disliked
_
16. January 2003 @ 05:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok I've read through all the posts and got a better undertsnading of bin etc, thank you.

However, I'm unclear about something....

I've been burning bins for a while but I recently downloaded my first ISO and tried to make a cue for it, I burned it and then when I re-inserted my cd, there were no files on the cd.

Now, I tried the dividing by 2352, but it wasn't an integer, or does that only work for BIN files?

I've forgot what else I was going to ask....dammit. Oh, I use Nero btw, would burn Track at once or Disc at once have anything to do with it? :)
critter44
_
16. January 2003 @ 07:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
aldaco12-
thanks for your help. it has gotten me further, but i have still been unsuccessful at burning this bin. i have now gotten the cue file to find the bin in the directory. then everything seems as though it is going ok (again, i am using fireburner for my burning needs). it says that it has completed the task, adn then waallaah!, i've got a coaster (i.e nothing shows up on the cd). when loading it into fireburner, i select "import tracks from cuesheet" and it looks like the program recognizes the bin because it says there is something like 51 minutes worth of material it is going to burn. but then nothing comes out. i'm now on my fifth coaster and thinking again about my head going into the monitor. thanks again in advance.
-critter

by the way, i am using fireburner 2.1.7, but it is registered. i'm nearly positive that the file isn't corrupt. (not sure if this info matters or not for you) and this is what comes up when im burning on fireburner:

Thread1: Setting Write Parameters
Thread1: Write parameters set
Thread1: Reading Disc Info
Thread1: Reading Next Track Info
Thread1: Start LBA is -150
Thread1: Sending Cue Sheet
Thread1: Processing Track 1 Pregap [150 Sectors]
Thread1: Processing Track 1 [Mode1] [230267 Sectors]
Thread2: Executing
Thread2: Synchronizing Cache
Recording complete

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. January 2003 @ 07:17

erico
_
16. January 2003 @ 11:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, cd-rw.org i dunno if u left or something, but you might wanna divide up this thread somehow, because this is getting really long. Aldaco suggested it awhile ago. Just reminding u!
Disliked: Please note that you downloaded an ISO, which does not need a Cue file. The cue information is built into the ISO. Only a BIN file needs the cue.
OK so in NERO, we're u burning the CD, or just running a simulation burn? because that would make it seem as though it was burning but nothing will be on the disc. Try checking the CD for burn marks, if you're unsure. And if you did indeed burn the CD, then make sure you burned an image file:
Go File - Burn Image - Select cooresponding cue or ISO. And make sure that the dropdown list has cue/iso/nrg selected. Otherwise it wont show up. Before you may have just burned the wrong kind of CD, but if there is nothing on the CD, then i would suspect that u did indeed only run the simulation.
Disliked
_
16. January 2003 @ 13:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It does have burn marks, I did make a cue for the iso, and slected the cue in burn image.

It didnt show any files so I wanted to make sure thats what I were doing wrong before wasting a cd.

Does bytes/2352 only apply to BIN? Or is it for ISO too?
erico
_
16. January 2003 @ 14:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
u didn't get what i was saying. U dont need a cue for the ISO. the cue is built in. U are selecting a cue file, that has no matching bin file, that is why there is nothing that is being burned to the CD. You need to select the ISO, and forget the cue. BIN's and CUE's go together. ISO's are a (BIN + Cue). Dont make a cue for the ISO. Just select the ISO and burn.
Disliked
_
16. January 2003 @ 14:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes I know now about cue but i was just saying what I had done earlier today.

Thank You, I will test now...
Advertisement
_
__

_
cd-rw.org

4 product reviews
_
17. January 2003 @ 02:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I deleted dozens of less-useful posts from this thread. Mostly from the very first pages. The reason why this thread was created was that the forum was flooded with threads like "I have a BIN/CUE, what...?". This thread has helped a lot. I am not sure how should this be divided and what would it actually help.

The old school is back. All hail the new http://BitBurners.com !
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > .bin / .cue / .iso frequently asked questions. read1st

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork